Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭JD6910

shane0007 wrote: »
    How old is the house?

she is a new build. currently piped for rads and little plant room is ready to accept any option - oil, gas, solar, heat pump etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

JD6910 wrote: »
    she is a new build. currently piped for rads and little plant room is ready to accept any option - oil, gas, solar, heat pump etc...

You are going to have to go with heat pump in order to get the build to meet Part L Regs. Was this not discussed with you by your architect, builder or engineer?
    To achieve Part L as an after thought may become some fete as even before you start, it is not easy.
    If I were you I would send Condenser a PM & hopefully you are in his area. He would be an excellent choice to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevtorkilldub

hi a newbie to calor gas but a few questions if anyone can help. theres a heater on there website that if i buy and get delivered what happens then? do i need to signup with calor to get the gas delvered or can i get it delivered from another online shop? also in the online shop that i visit i see two options one for the refill and the other a service charge, is the service charge a once off thing? and does the gas refills get taken away by whoever delivers them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

A link who be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..there are two methods of using LPG from Calor:

1. Automatic top-up, where they keep your tank filled all the time, and you don't need to do anything. Pay by DD, c/card or budget.
    2. Top-up based on you checking it an calling them as required. Pay by c/card etc

The annual service charge is tiny - €70 per year - and keeps the maintenance and safety of the tank Calor's responsibility.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Monfreid

Hello,

this is a very interesting discussion!

I've been granted planning permission and I have decided to go with LPG+PV

So I will have to use Calor or Flogas to supply the gas

my question is:

Do I get my house fitted with a a gas boiler and rads and then call Calor and Flogas for a quote or do I call them before anything is installed to get everything installed by them?

Thank you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Talk to them in advance, as you may want to go for a semi-mounded tank while building words are taking place, I know I would

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Just changed over from oil to lpg with Calor,using the 0% interest offer with 1200 litres of gas.

Installer took out old boiler,fitted H.E gas boiler,magnaclean filter with 3 zones,wireless stats and 7 day timer....in and out in 2 days.

All i can say is we never had heat like we do now in the house.
    The boiler starts and the rads are pipng within a matter of minutes.
    With the oil boiler the unit would be running for over 40 minutes and we still would not have the heat we have now.

Overall im happy out,will have to wait untill winter to see how much it really costs in regard to gas consumption but at the moment,im well impressed.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Old thread I know.
    But If you're still about Harvester I'd like to know the cost of the changeover, and how it's getting on now in the winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

If I could hop on too. I am thinking the same thing and curious as to costs, results etc. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mikeymouse wrote: »
    Old thread I know.
    But If you're still about Harvester I'd like to know the cost of the changeover, and how it's getting on now in the winter?

For a standard changeover, Powerflushing, seperating zones to seai spec and installing new gas boiler, your not gonna get much change out of 4K

Advertisement