Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is sexism such a difficult topic?

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Zulu wrote: »
    catthinkin wrote: »
    Sorry but where was the blatant sexist comment ?
    I address that in this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77208220&postcount=1040 :)
    Hard to see if that was sexist ? As it is out of context ? Plus disagree with u there thread has hardly been civil i was asked if i was taking the piss:)
    Anyways i feel that this is getting bogged down in frankly petty squabbles no matter how you want to dress them up .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

catthinkin wrote: »
    Plus disagree with u there thread has hardly been civil i was asked if i was taking the piss:)
    Well you're probably right, but for a while there last night/this morning it was all civil.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Well you're probably right, but for a while there last night/this morning it was all civil.

Zulu. I apologise without reservation if it appeared I was having a go at you personally. I can see how you would think that given I was responding to a question you asked.

Please accept my apologies and assurance that I was not attacking you personally in anyway, shape or form but was acting out of frustration.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Zulu. I apologise...
    Sound Bannasidhe, thanks a million! Listen no worries, all is forgiven & apologies if I came across as a twat. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sound Bannasidhe, thanks a million! Listen no worries, all is forgiven & apologies if I came across as a twat. :)

I really am sorry :o

Not that it is an excuse but its day 4 of no smoking...

Hera, some people might come across a twats at times, others as pricks but sure as long as we can kiss and make up we'll be grand.

No tongues mind....:eek:

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not that it is an excuse but its day 4 of no smoking...
    Fair dues! Stick with it. It's totally worth it. ...and frankly, it is an excuse - good on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

aww now thats nice :D like a group hug

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I do wonder if some heterosexual middle class white men really think they're the biggest victims, or if they're just being provocative.

Maybe misogyny had come to be seen as normative, so that any challenges to it are seen as 'oppressing the poor men'

Feminism has even been blamed for unemployment in men as seen in this guardian article http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/apr/01/david-willetts-feminism-lack-of-jobs

Yep, because its feminists that closed down the factories and burst the construction bubble :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think most people love to feel victimised. I'm sure there have been interesting psychology papers written on it.

I do wonder if some heterosexual middle class white men really think they're the biggest victims, or if they're just being provocative.
    The same can equally be said of western middle class white women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

The same can equally be said of western middle class white women.

Maybe, but I never see anyone claiming white middle class heterosexual women have it the worst

:confused: boohoo yes :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

so can we end this with a big (and sexy) group hug?

I'll give your avatar a sexy group hug

Advertisement