Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You dont want to miss this!! (Chocolate Philadelphia)

Options
  • 15-02-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

OMG.. Cadbury Philadelphia...on special in Dunnes for 1 euro a tub.
    Imagine how a bar of Dairy Milk gets when its been in the sunlight for a while, all soft and gooey, its that kind of texture and is AWESOME!!!!

4A4B2AE0DCFD42CFAC758E0483883B83-0000340390-0002738934-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Saw that alright. Seems a bit weird to me but I'm not against trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Ive just eaten half a tub, and I would be very critical of anything against Cadburys Dairy Milk, so am really hoping this isnt one of those products that disappears after a few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That would be deadly cake icing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That just sounds so wrong.

dahamsta wrote: »
    That just sounds so wrong.
    I imagine it to taste something like chocolate-flavoured cheesecake. Which, of course, is yum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No no no no!!!!!

And I'm normally on for anything chocolatey.

This looks like something awful that they'd come up with on the apprentice on tv3.

No! I say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Dont knock it till youve tried it..
    ;);)
    Suprisingly its not over sweet, not over cheesey, with a texture thats close to melted choc..They advertise it spreaded on bread, but its nowhere near like nutella or a spread, I was thinking of putting it on icecream, or as a cheesecake topping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's nyom alright... I think I'd put it in a piping bag and use it to top cupcakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Really really really wish they release it as a type of buttercream or cheesecake topping instead,the "cream cheese" assiociation will probably gross out some people too much from ever trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Absolutely gorgeous loved it on Jacobs crackers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I saw it in the shops, and it looked wierd but this thread has sold it to me! Gonna buy it later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

This is going on my monthly shopping list!

I have converted my whole house.
    This stuff is gorgeous. Taste of Cadbury chocolate in yoghurt form.
    Doesn't taste like Philadelphia at all. I have only eaten it with a spoon so far!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tried it, didn't like it. Too sharp for my liking, I'll stick with the standard Cadbury choc spread. Which should really be made illegal...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Tried it with McVities Digestives as dippers to create a faux cheesecake effect.This combination has won me over :D.

SugarCoat wrote: »
    Tried it with McVities Digestives as dippers to create a faux cheesecake effect.This combination has won me over :D.

I like your style!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Tesco have it on offer too - 1€ per tub. I actually liked it, defo a different taste! But I like it.

Has anyone ever tasted the Strawberry one ??

Tesco have it on offer too - 1€ per tub. I actually liked it, defo a different taste! But I like it.

Has anyone ever tasted the Strawberry one ??
    I've never had the actual strawberry one but I've made similar for a cheesecake and it's very yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I thought it was pretty revolting, a real harsh artificial sweetness & no taste of cheese at all :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why would you want it to taste like cheese??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

well you want some sense that it was once philadephia, like you can with a cheesecake, no ? :/

I never taste cheese in cheesecakes, I only taste whatever ingredients added. The cream cheese is more for texture imo.

Oh also I put this stuff on fairy cakes over the weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous, it stiffens up when you ice cakes with it and tastes fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭mar48

sounds revolting but I'll give it a go seeing as almost everyone is swooning over it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BennyBlanc0

It's AWESOME.

Recipe for choc cheesecake.
    You will need:
    Choc philly
    Digestive biscuits

Method:
    Put choc filly on biscuits

Serving Suggestions:
    In your hand
    On your head
    In the nip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Very tasty. I picked up 4 little tubs for a Euro this morning. I've spread it on crackerbread and it's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

SugarCoat wrote: »

Yeah had it this way as well, the wife made them, i turned and said this tastes like a cheesecake.......got a well arent you clever look back from her..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Got a tip-off to try it on a digestive with peanut butter - divine :D

Chocolate + peanut butter is always a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I'm off chocolate for Lent but I might let myself break it for Patrick's Day and make cupcakes using this stuff to top them... I like Philadelphia and I like chocolate so hey, can't hurt to try it anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 rainshine

I thought it was horrible! I love philadelphia and I'm a chocloate fiend but this was just wrong.

Advertisement