Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL GW 26 transfers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Yeh I have him as captain, but I'm debating getting rid of him after this week. I wouldn't even contemplate taking a 4 point hit to bring him in, let alone 8 point!

How are you getting on this season, you seem to take a lot of point hits! I was like that in previous seasons but have resisted the urge this year...

i'm 200,000+. not happy. finished 3003rd last year. have taken a fair few hits but thats far from the reason i'm doing bad. down to bad transfers mostly, didn't get on certain bandwagons when i should have, and a bit of old fashioned bad luck. but all in all it's been a fairly mad season, every year ive played ff and never has there been so many differentials - just look at all the best scorers from just a year ago - tevez, lampard, drogba, malouda, adam - nothing players this year! the only top one i can think of thats maintained form is nani. even the top scoring defenders are completely different from last year - the keepers to. i think this year will be officially remembered as the year of the bandwagon - those who jumped on them early, tend to be the ones that have done well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'd actually disagree, I think this year has been a lot harder than previous years, and I'm not just saying that because its been my best year!

The years when Ronaldo was in it you just stuck the captaincy on him and it took that whole aspect out of the game, similar for Fabregas and Lampard. Sure its been that way to an extent with Rooney at the start of the season and Van Persie too, but I'd say this is easily the year with the least differentials. Just look at how many posters are complaining that peoples teams are too identical! There are plenty of weeks without an 'obvious' captain choice compared to previous years. This has been the year when its been the new players like Ba, Sessegnon, Walters etc that have performed well. There's a lot more skill to the game this year, its not as easy as just getting in the big name players.

The sign of a good year in fantasy football is when one decision can cost you a lot of movement in your leagues. This is definitely the case this season, I've been near the top of boards for a while now but alternate between 6th - 16th depending on slight changes in scoring week on week. This is exactly what you want in a season to keep you interested.

As for bandwagons, again I have to disagree. This happens every year - players go on a good run and you need to have them in your team. Knowing when to get rid of them is just as important as being lucky to get them in before they hit a big score. This is the year when you have almost had too much choice. When to buy in players like VDV and when to get rid of them have been the key decisions which have helped managers jump up the rankings. Other than Van Persie and possibly Bale and Silva, who has been that consistent? This has been the year when each transfer you make is vital.

I've never had Dempsey and he's banged in a hat-trick, I sold Adebayor before he smashed in Newcastle last week, I've never had Vorm, and yet I've made enough other good/lucky decisions that have kept me afloat. I've been killed on captain choices the last while which shows that there hasn't been an obvious choice for a while now.

Another point I would make is its getting harder and harder each year to include all the top players you want, I always had spare cash in previous years whereas this year I've almost always used up my entire budget. The price of big name players increase before each season so its vital to try and pick out the new cheap players who will do well. God knows what price they will start Ba off at next season, prob 10m :(

There's always a big element of luck each year though, I've never heard of anyone that regularly cracks the top 5,000. 2 seasons back my brother got 239th in the world and his mate got 3rd. This season he is just inside the top 10k and his mate is 25k. Consistency is not easy!

Not having a dig but I've never seen any of the top players take points hits, other than on very rare occasions. You can justify them each week but overall they definitely don't work as a regular strategy. There will be very few players in the top 20 in boards that have over 25 transfers so far this season.

if you re-read my post you'll see that i was suggesting this year has been the hardest one. So were not disagreeing on that one. I think the main point on this year is that nearly everything has been thrown up in the air - in previous seasons there were 'the old reliables' which you could have in your team from the start, and feel pretty safe that these guys would score for you. This year all of a sudden Newcastle and Swansea were massive points earners in defense, the previously inconsistent Bale turned into a bit of a superstar, and like i said many of the big points earners from the previous year turned into big flops. I think whoever wins the big prize this year can rightly claim to have won in the most testing year ever, i cant recall any season where so many adjustments were necessary throughout the course of the season. 'Managing' has been a real top skill this year, so fair play to yourself roryc for doing so well this year, likewise to the other boardsies with top scores, hats off. I'll whup all your asses into kingdom come next year though ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Valencia tipped for return
    Antonio Valencia could be fit in time to face Tottenham at White Hart Lane on Sunday 4 March.

The classy winger suffered a hamstring strain after coming on as a substitute in the first leg victory against Ajax in the Europa League and was expected to be out for around a month.

However, Sir Alex is hopeful that the right-sided midfielder will be back in contention for a starting spot against third-placed Spurs.

"The availability of Ashley Young and Nani as natural wide players considerably strengthens our attacking options," the boss wrote in his column for United Review, the official matchday programme. "And I am sure our strikers are pleased to see them.

"They will be sorry to see Antonio Valencia injured again because he too provides great service from out on his wing, but it's not a particularly serious injury and he should be back in a week or so."

Valencia will miss Sunday's trip to East Anglia to face Norwich City as the champions look to keep the pressure on Manchester City at the top of the table.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Feb/antonio-valencia-could-be-back-for-tottenham-fixture.aspx

If this is true then I think I might just keep him. No point in dropping for the sake of one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

What's up with Rooney? "Illness"

• Advertisement

Anyone have any news on R Taylor, I heard he's expected back this week.

My injuries have now gone to this :o

Taylor R(Doubtful)
    Valencia (Injured)
    Rooney (Doubtful)
    Lindegaard (Injured)
    Assou-Ekotto (Doubtful)

Raylor trained this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Valencia tipped for return

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Feb/antonio-valencia-could-be-back-for-tottenham-fixture.aspx

If this is true then I think I might just keep him. No point in dropping for the sake of one game.

Thanks for the article, but I imagine it won't make much of a difference (not for me, anyway). Those who fancy Aguero for the next 2 games followed by a switch with Rooney will probably want to avoid having both Roo and Val, so his injury kind of worked itself out.

That's how I see it, anyway. I was unsure whether I wanted Rooney or not, but with Valencia's injury, the decision was pretty much cemented. Rooney in as the United attacking option, with any other United spaces occupied by defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Debating switching out Sorenson. Well depends on whether he starts the weekend. Begovic played last week in the Europa League, then the FA cup and now most likely tonight in the EL again. That's 3 games in a row. Wonder if Pulis just hands Sorenson back his EPL spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Debating switching out Sorenson. Well depends on whether he starts the weekend. Begovic played last week in the Europa League, then the FA cup and now most likely tonight in the EL again. That's 3 games in a row. Wonder if Pulis just hands Sorenson back his EPL spot.

Sorensen played last night against Valencia . Looked like a weakened stoke team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bosingwa out -> Evans in.

Wanted to save my transfer but Bosingwa's late injury has forced my hand a bit. Annoying thing is Im now 0.1 short of doing an Aguero -> Rooney swap next week if it looks like the right move :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Sorensen played last night against Valencia . Looked like a weakened stoke team

Ha thought today was Thursday. Anyways that could be a good sign that he wanted some game time for him ahead of the weekend.

roryc wrote: »
    Bosingwa out -> Evans in.

Wanted to save my transfer but Bosingwa's late injury has forced my hand a bit. Annoying thing is Im now 0.1 short of doing an Aguero -> Rooney swap next week if it looks like the right move :(

You're safe. The week after will be the time to make that swap. In between you can make a change to free the funds

next gw:

Man City v Bolton
    Spurs v Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

has Robbie Keane gone back to the states yet or is he here for the wigan game ?

I read today that Keane's last game is against wigan at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Ok, I have two transfers for this week, first one will be used on getting rid of smalling and putting in evans, smalling just isnt being played consistently enough and I think fergie sees evans as a first choice at the moment, illustrated last ngiht by bringing him on to shore things up in the second half.

The other transfer im considering is Rooney out and Aguero in!!! Currently 15 points behind in my main league and have been closing steadily for the last 2 months. Rooney has done well for me lately but I'm just not sure if he will play this weekend given that he was sick during the week. Aguero obviously has a great chance of points at home to Blackburn. Is there any chance he could be rested after the Europa League during the week. Really am struggling with this decision, no doubt whichever I pick will end up being the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ok, I have two transfers for this week, first one will be used on getting rid of smalling and putting in evans, smalling just isnt being played consistently enough and I think fergie sees evans as a first choice at the moment, illustrated last ngiht by bringing him on to shore things up in the second half.

The other transfer im considering is Rooney out and Aguero in!!! Currently 15 points behind in my main league and have been closing steadily for the last 2 months. Rooney has done well for me lately but I'm just not sure if he will play this weekend given that he was sick during the week. Aguero obviously has a great chance of points at home to Blackburn. Is there any chance he could be rested after the Europa League during the week. Really am struggling with this decision, no doubt whichever I pick will end up being the wrong one.

Id fancy Augero but i guess wait a bit longer and see if there is any news on Rooney later in the day or early Saturday morning if your that stuck.

Trying to think myself what to do about Valencia i have two free transfers and his value has not changed since i bought him so swapping him out this week and bringing him in the next would not make much of a difference......

Just who to bring in is the question. Id have 8.3 to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

is ekotto fit, hes not in the yellow anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

According to a few places online it says hes back in training and fully fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2105794/Tottenhams-Benoit-Assou-Ekotto-face-Arsenal.html

Tottenham have had a further injury boost ahead of their north London derby showdown with Arsenal after emerged Benoit Assou-Ekotto is winning his fight to be fit for the match.

The Cameroon full-back is one of the unsung heroes of Spurs' remarkable season which sees them arrive at the home of their rivals as favourites for first time in more than a decade.

The 27-year-old sat out last weekend's FA Cup snore draw at Stevenage having undergone a minor groin operation.

However, Assou-Ekotto has put together several days light training at the club's Essex base and is now expected to feature.

There was good news earlier in the week, too, when both Rafael van der Vaart and Emmanuel Adeabayor took to Twitter to reveal positive news about their respective knocks.

Striker Adebayor - a former Gunners star - also missed the game against League One Boro after twisting his knee in training.

But he wrote on Tuesday: 'Just finished training, really happy with the progress, knee is looking much better. Working on my fitness for Sunday.'

William Gallas and Sandro are set to miss out, though.

Can't decide what to do with Dzeko.

If I get rid I know Man City will play him :D

• Advertisement

Bit of transfer news. Arshavin has joined Zenit on loan. Samba has joined Anzi Makashackalala, or whatever

Advertisement