Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Hunger Strike for €100 Charge.

Sweet Jesus :) ...off you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"I've not much left only what I have"

Well obviously what you have is what you have left.

And you can bet Joe doesn't like the idea of hunger strikes.

And, man, drama queen much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

"I'm a postman Joe and I'm the most qualified person to talk about the household charge"

Taxi drivers are the worst for it. "I'm a taxi driver joe". As if he whole country stops mid conversation, leans towards the radio and turns it up because a taxi drivers opinions are so valuable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Glebee

Where do they find these lunatics:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

pc7 wrote: »
    I haven't paid yet out of protest, this protest will cost me but I don't care, I will pay eventually as I am tax compliant. But this tax galls me, I don't care if every country in the world has it. I believe in taxation from source, your main income source not these stealth taxes. I'd rather pay 50c in the euro and have it deducted from source. Then it is fair and equitable.

What is stealthy about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the irish sure love going on hunger strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"One man and his dog"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was talking to my mother about this over the weekend. They said its only 2 euro a week, but if you have to pay it this week, then its not 2 euro a week, its 100 euro in one week.

If they let people pay it off in the post office 2 euros a week there wouldnt be half as much resistance against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's 100 quid ffs.. tbh I wouldnt have a problem with it, except for the fact that
    a) The Government are bringing in charges to taxpayers rather than cut the wasters in their own environs.
    b) We are paying for pensions for FF scumbags who have already filled their pockets from rezoning "transactions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

europa11 wrote: »
    Hunger Strike for €100 Charge.

Sweet Jesus :) ...off you go!

Thats a proportinate response to alright..put you health in serious danger to get out of paying 100 blips.

tears next..this guy has everything joe likes in a livline caller...bad maths, outrage..no real point and not afraid to cry on air.

Caller of the year contender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Sheep:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Taxi drivers are the worst for it. "I'm a taxi driver joe". As if he whole country stops mid conversation, leans towards the radio and turns it up because a taxi drivers opinions are so valuable

Do you mean you dont stop what your doing and turn up the radio when a taxi driver speaks?

Glebee wrote: »
    Where do they find these lunatics:confused:

sssssssssshhh, listen up. This guy did honours maths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Dirigent wrote: »

I would imagine there will be a stealthy increase in the charge in the coming tears

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He has a fire on?....today!!!!

He has a fire on in this weather??? Sure he might as well throw the 100 euro on top of the fire ffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Glebee

You dont need a fire on today m8, it very warm out

Not the Saorview.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dirigent wrote: »

Its stealthy in my opinion due to the fact I'll have already paid tax on the €100 as I had to earn it, also the fact in a few years it'll be nearer €1000, also that I paid a 5 figure sum in stamp duty that I consider already to be a household tax a few years back.

He makes nearly €10k a year, and objects to paying €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

And he knows how to count all those €2s, €4s up with his honours maths in his Leaving Cert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

Counting briquetts Joe ! On a beautiful sunny day ?

syklops wrote: »
    Do you mean you dont stop what your doing and turn up the radio when a taxi driver speaks?

Actually I do, always a good laugh listening to them moaning about too many foreigners taking their jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What is he on about, Saorview is free forever once you buy it. Not €2 per week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He held back the tears a few mins ago, that would have filled one of my Buzzword Bingo boxes. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

I am not paying it as I think it is completely unfair, I would rather see a progressive property tax implemented in 3 to 5 yrs. Spend the interim, cutting cost and wastage in local govt. I also resent that those in council houses have to pay nothing too, as well as the "rich" paying the same as the "working poor". We pay 300e private est mgmt fees a yr for our hse, for what I can see to date, a bit of grass cutting a few times a yr.

REFORM and then REVIEW

Counting briquetts Joe ! On a beautiful sunny day ?

Maybe he cooks all his food on the BBQ?

pc7 wrote: »
    Its stealthy in my opinion due to the fact I'll have already paid tax on the €100 as I had to earn it, also the fact in a few years it'll be nearer €1000, also that I paid a 5 figure sum in stamp duty that I consider already to be a household tax a few years back.

With respect, NOTHING in your post can be referred to as stealth!

Joe's long winded... "Whyyyy" should have been added to the Bingo card.

"Are you going to pay the household charge?"

"No"

"Whyyyy?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im going to pay because all I hear on liveline is im not paying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement