Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Prizefighter (& McCloskey-Diaz)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

ref jumped in a bit early, but I think Crowley was going to finish him off anyway! Mccluskey has no defence whatsoever! :eek:

djhaxman wrote: »
    Thanks Jayob! I had €20 at 6/1 on your recommendation :D

Couldnt believe them odds! well done! Croley had a few bob on himself too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Couldnt believe them odds! well done! Croley had a few bob on himself too!

Yeah PP, just before the fight. Always nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

ref jumped in a bit early, but I think Crowley was going to finish him off anyway! Mccluskey has no defence whatsoever! :eek:

Who's Crowley?

McCloskey could have cruised to the decision. Didn't show enough respect for chop chop's power though and the ref jumped the gun. Massive blow to his career.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Who's Crowley?

I see the spelling police are out in force tonight! :P I hold my hands up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

No worries, had €20 on the KO at 10/1 as I thought that was the only way Corley was winning that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Paul just really struggles to pull the trigger. He spends far too much time posing and threatening. Big blow to him. Chop chop looked his age in there, very average, yet Paul struggled badly. I feared a lucky punch. Paul was badly wobbled several times vs. Prescott, and had Prescott got more stamina and accuracy he would have knocked Paul out. When he was interviewed, Paul didn't protest too much with the stoppage. Chop chop was more surprised. Anyone else think Paul is quite slow in terms of hand speed. All his shots looked too telegraphed, looping and awkward.

I see the spelling police are out in force tonight! :P I hold my hands up

I wouldn't call that the "spelling" police. I mean there is a big difference between Corley and Crowley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

walshb wrote: »
    Paul just really struggles to pull the trigger. He spends far too much time posing and threatening. Big blow to him. Chop chop looked his age in there, very average, yet Paul struggled badly. I feared a lucky punch. Paul was badly wobbled several times vs. Prescott, and had Prescott got more stamin and accuracy he would have knocked Paul out. When he was interviewed, Paul didn't protest too much with the stoppage. Chop chop was more surprised. Anyone else think Paul is quite slow in terms of hand speed. All his shots looked too telegraphed, looping and awkward.

Absolutely, a cute fighter will suss him out pretty quickly in terms of what he is about to throw. He is lacking some of the fundamentals I think, you wonder does he ever work on his weaknesses in training or what?

He has a style which is favoured by someone with superb reflexes, but he is not nearly skilled enough to stand in front of a guy with a low guard, its just crazy really. Corley landed the jab at will, not to mention numerous power shots.

Sounds harsh, but McCloskey does not have much in his locker, has been found wanting as the quality of opposition has been stepped up.

Any talk of Marquez in Texas is pie in the Sky, he'd wipe the floor with McCloskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

had 50 on him at 13/2 could not turn it down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

McCloskey's not great, to be brutally honest I'm kinda glad he lost. Home decision robbed Prescott, if he put as much effort into his boxing as he did bitching about the Khan result he could have won the ****ing thing... and last night topped it off.

I knew Corley would be trouble for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

mccloskey looked unfit for starters. i must have seen 8-10 boxers weigh in this weekend and he was by far the worst.

in fairness he looked like he would have done the 12 rounds but its not like he was pushing the pace. and will he ever learn a combo.

said in commentary, he looked like he'd not fought many lefties in the past. punished for low guard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Any talk of Marquez in Texas is pie in the Sky, he'd wipe the floor with McCloskey.

Heard him being interviewed and he was saying that Marquez likes to go to war so he would look to avoid mixing it with him and look to outbox him.
    It makes me wonder how many Marquez fights he's actually seen if he believes he's going to outskill Marquez

colly10 wrote: »
    Heard him being interviewed and he was saying that Marquez likes to go to war so he would look to avoid mixing it with him and look to outbox him.
    It makes me wonder how many Marquez fights he's actually seen if he believes he's going to outskill Marquez

McCloskey will outbox no skillful boxer. He just hasn't got the offense required, nor the defense to avoid getting tagged. I mean, he has yet to beat a class operator. He scraped by Bredis, who was gassed after 5 or 6 rds. Hate to be critical of Irish fighters, but he's a classic case of overhyped. Corley is an old man, looked it too, yet still Paul couldn't do much with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Jayob10 wrote: »
    A great display of irish boxing tonight :rolleyes: extremely poor quality, every one of those fights.

Eamon O'Kane is an extremely dirty fighter. Felt sorry for McDonagh, reacted to O'Kane's constant butting and then he gets penalised.

Corley is going to KO Dudie now I think.

great headwork by Okane and blind referees

Advertisement