Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Indoors Fantasy League

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Dan man wrote: »
    RainbowKirby|Jessica Ennis (9)|david storl (9)|lerone clarke (0)|Gelete Burka|18 points/3 athletes used|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva|meserat defar|augustine choge|marc lewandoski|0 points/0 athletes used|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird (0)|tianna madison|genzebe dibaba|nigel levine (3)|3 points/2 athletes used|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale|adam kszczot|bethwel birgen (0)|gillian camarena williams|0 points/1 athlete used|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton|pamela jelimo|jesse williams|trell kimmons|0 points/0 athletes used|
    dev123 |Mo Farah|christian taylor|ivan ukhov|sylvia kibet|0 points/0 athletes used|
    BriandeRunner |Sally Pearson|sanya richards ross|nadzheya ostapchuk|olga rypakova|0 points/0 athletes used|
    Dan Man |Anna Chicherova|valerie vili|will claye|yargelis savigne|0 points/ 0 athletes used|
    04072511 |Renaud Lavillenie|britanny reese|bernard lagat|Dayron Robles|0 points/0 athletes used|
    Lock |Liu Xiang|kirani james|mutaz essa barshim|mohammad aman|0 points/ 0 athletes used|
    drquirky |Silas Kiplagat|veronica campbell brown|tatyana chernova (5)|matt centrowitz|5 points/1 athlete used|
    Longjump67 |Olha Saladuha (0)|Reese Hoffa (6)|Darya Klishna|kristi castlin (0)|6 points/3 athletes used|

I'm in 2nd place lol, can we stop the league now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

One of dr.quirky's athletes (Tatyana Chernova) finished joint 4th in the heptathlon, so how many points is this worth? 4th = 6 points and 5th = 5 points. I would say split the difference and go for 5.5points. I'll leave it to ecoli to sort out...:D

RainbowKirby|Jessica Ennis (9)|david storl (9)|lerone clarke (0)|Gelete Burka (8)|26 points|
    Getonwithit |Yelena Isinbayeva (12)|meserat defar (9)|augustine choge (9)|marc lewandoski (0)|30 points|
    BobMac104 |Ciaran O'Lionaird (0)|tianna madison (8)|genzebe dibaba (12)|nigel levine (3)|23 points|
    RoyMcC |Holly Bleasdale (8)|adam kszczot (6)|bethwel birgen (0)|jillian camarena-williams (6)|20 points|
    ecoli |Ashton Eaton (12)|pamela jelimo (12)|jesse williams (4)|trell kimmons (6)|34 points|
    dev123 |Mo Farah (6)|christian taylor (9)|ivan ukhov (8)|sylvia kibet (6)|29 points|
    BriandeRunner |Sally Pearson (12)|sanya richards ross (12)|nadzheya ostapchuk (9)|olga rypakova (9)|42 points|
    Dan Man |Anna Chicherova (9)|valerie adams (12)|will claye (12)|yargelis savigne (6)|39 points|
    04072511 |Renaud Lavillenie (12)|brittney reese (12)|bernard lagat (12)|Tiffany Porter (9)|45 points|
    Lock |Liu Xiang (9)|kirani james (4)|mutaz essa barshim (0)|mohammad aman (12)|25 points|
    drquirky |Silas Kiplagat (4)|veronica campbell brown (12)|tatyana chernova (6)|matt centrowitz (3)|25 points|
    Longjump67 |Olha Saladuha (0)|Reese Hoffa (6)|Darya Klishina (6)|kristi castlin (0)|12 points|

Updated to include Sunday's action.

Brianderunner would seem to have this in the bag. Only danger to him is dev123, 0407.... and ecoli can still tie him.
    As I thought it has been a very unpredictible championships. Can't believe Chicherova bombed out at 1.98m in the high jump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Brianderunner would seem to have this in the bag. Only danger to him is dev123, 0407.... and ecoli can still tie him.
    As I thought it has been a very unpredictible championships. Can't believe Chicherova bombed out at 1.98m in the high jump!
    As a complete novice to this I doubt my picks will come up trumps. I hope they do and if it happens twill be a fluke

• Advertisement

Well will claye could still come up trumps in the Triple jump;)

longjump67 wrote: »
    Well will claye could still come up trumps in the Triple jump;)

Yep, here's hoping he does.

dev123 wrote: »
    As a complete novice to this I doubt my picks will come up trumps. I hope they do and if it happens twill be a fluke

You have a very decent team, unlikely you'll get up to Brianderunner's score but you could go close with a bit of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Brianderunner may take the gold in Istanbul but he doesn't have those shiny outdoor medals hanging from his mantlepiece ;)

I'm still hopeful of taking this one. A gold for both Reese and Lagat and I should be home and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

04072511 wrote: »
    Brianderunner may take the gold in Istanbul but he doesn't have those shiny outdoor medals hanging from his mantlepiece ;)

I'm still hopeful of taking this one. A gold for both Reese and Lagat and I should be home and dry.

I've Lagat backed at 3/1 for the 3k so here's hoping he wins and Reese comes 3rd ;)

• Advertisement

Advantage 0407..... looks like he's gonna do it with a late surge!

0407.... has the title, great scorecard. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

0407.... has the title, great scorecard. Well done.

Yep well done to 0407. I had 25 on lagat at 3/1 so i'm happy he won :p

Yep well done to 0407. I had 25 on lagat at 3/1 so i'm happy he won :p

Delighted to get a World Indoor gold to add to my silver from Barca and bronze from Daegu. But like everyone else here, I want the big one, in London and am very fearful of people appearing out of nowhere, ala Ma's Army.

Nice win there by the way. Drinks on you this weekend, wherever you are drinking.

Woohoo, Claye's win ensures the bronze medal for me. Still can't get over Chicherova only clearing 1.95m, but I can't complain too much I suppose.

I think these are the final standings:

PLACE|PLAYER|SCORE
    GOLD|04072511|45 pts CR
    SILVER|Brianderunner|42 pts PB

BRONZE|Dan Man|39 pts PB
    4TH|Ecoli|34 pts PB
    5TH|Getonwithit|30 pts PB
    6TH|dev123|29 pts PB
    7TH|RainbowKirby|26 pts PB
    = 8TH|Lock|25 pts PB
    = 8TH|dr.quirky|25 pts PB
    10TH|BobMac104|23 pts PB
    11TH|RoyMcC|20 pts PB
    12TH|Longjump67|12 pts PB

Well done everyone, especially 0407.... for that very impressive scorecard. Hope you haven't peaked too soon though with Helsinki and London still to come this season!! ;)

PLACE|PLAYER|SCORE
    GOLD|04072511|45 pts CR
    SILVER|Brianderunner|42 pts PB

BRONZE|Dan Man|39 pts PB
    4TH|Ecoli|34 pts PB
    6TH|dev123|29 pts PB
    = 8TH|Lock|25 pts PB
    10TH|BobMac104|23 pts PB
    11TH|RoyMcC|20 pts PB

Well done everyone, especially 0407.... for that very impressive scorecard. Hope you haven't peaked too soon though with Helsinki and London still to come this season!! ;)

Haha, Championship Record. Love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

PLACE|PLAYER|SCORE
    GOLD|04072511|45 pts CR
    SILVER|[COLOR="DimGray"]Brianderunner|[COLOR="dimgray"]42 pts PB[/COLOR][/COLOR]

BRONZE|[COLOR="Sienna"]Dan Man|[COLOR="sienna"]39 pts PB[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    4TH|Ecoli|34 pts PB
    6TH|dev123|29 pts PB
    = 8TH|Lock|25 pts PB
    10TH|BobMac104|23 pts PB
    11TH|RoyMcC|20 pts PB

well done to all. I was always on to a disaster from the start i think

BobMac104 wrote: »
    well done to all. I was always on to a disaster from the start i think

Should Dan Man not gotten more points for Will Claye winning the triple and bronze in Long Jump?

longjump67 wrote: »
    Should Dan Man not gotten more points for Will Claye winning the triple and bronze in Long Jump?

Haha, I like your thinking longjump67 but I think it's only fair to count the best score from each athlete. That's precisely why I picked Claye, knew he was in with a big chance in the triple jump and if he failed there, he was always good for a good placing in the long jump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Getonwithit

Well done all and thanks Ecoli for organising it

Advertisement