Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champion Hurdle, 13-03-12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Zarkandar
    No, gonna wait and see how Ted Spread goes Saturday. A lot of money for him, but I'm not so sure will he even get into the County.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

Gut feeling is that Ted Spread will be far too slow for the County.

Zarkandar is the only one unexposed enough that has a chance of beating Hurricane Fly in my book. Rock solid form, very decent reappearance and the nature of the race will probably suit him better than any he has contested so far. Can see 5 or 6lbs improvement but still not enough to win.

I was never keen on Binocular for this and still don't think he has shown enough to be able to beat Hurricane Fly. Strong place claims at this stage with the field after cutting up so badly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Zarkandar
    Huntley wrote: »
    Gut feeling is that Ted Spread will be far too slow for the County.

Zarkandar is the only one unexposed enough that has a chance of beating Hurricane Fly in my book. Rock solid form, very decent reappearance and the nature of the race will probably suit him better than any he has contested so far. Can see 5 or 6lbs improvement but still not enough to win.

I was never keen on Binocular for this and still don't think he has shown enough to be able to beat Hurricane Fly. Strong place claims at this stage with the field after cutting up so badly though.

What race do you think Thousand Stars will run in? I think it'd have strong place claims in either race but there's absolutely no clues as to which it'll run in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Zarkandar
    Ted Spread had a flat rating of 105, ran in a Derby and a St Ledger and won a Group 3 race, why do you think he would be too slow for a County Hurdle Huntley??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Grandouet
    He may need further over hurdles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Zarkandar
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    He may need further over hurdles

Possibly, but the County is run at a fierce pace and the 2m 1 there should be far enough and if not he also holds an entry in the Martin Pipe race which is a further 3f.

Ted Spread had a flat rating of 105, ran in a Derby and a St Ledger and won a Group 3 race, why do you think he would be too slow for a County Hurdle Huntley??

Have always stood by my view that middle distance flat runners tend to want more than 2 miles over hurdles.
    Possibly, but the County is run at a fierce pace and the 2m 1 there should be far enough and if not he also holds an entry in the Martin Pipe race which is a further 3f.

Can only presume connections have the same doubts if he holds an entry for a 2½ mile race aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Binocular
    Huntey do you think he will improve that little given the cough and Nicholls saying he would come on for it. I was thinking 10lbs and he will need to improve.

I think he will be sent on early enough to try get the rest at it, probably not Hurricane though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

I have always believed as has been posted about flat distance and 2m hurdles.Since I posted my info about Ted Spread[new nothing about him] there has been two hugh bets laid on him.Another bit of info came this morning but nothing to do with horses and have invested at 6/1.If anybody wants this info I can post it but please dont say Sting what are you smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

sting60 wrote: »
    I have always believed as has been posted about flat distance and 2m hurdles.Since I posted my info about Ted Spread[new nothing about him] there has been two hugh bets laid on him.Another bit of info came this morning but nothing to do with horses and have invested at 6/1.If anybody wants this info I can post it but please dont say Sting what are you smoking.

Go on Sting share the info...

• Advertisement

Grandouet
    Go on sting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Other (please specify)
    Ted spread gave grumeti a lot of weight when he was beaten by him
    Can someone explain why the weight diff and what would there weights be if both in the triumph.
    I think he will go to county hurdle anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Other (please specify)
    13 pounds for 14 lengths v grumeti I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thousand Stars is certain to run in the Champion Hurdle imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Zarkandar
    mdwexford wrote: »

And be second probably, like Istabraq and Theatreworld every year :D

Binocular
    sting60 wrote: »

Sting you chatter away and I rarely comment but what in the name of God are you saying?

You posted your info about Ted Spread (link please) and two huge bets have been placed on the back of this info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Zarkandar
    mdwexford wrote: »

Betfair not very enlightening. Big bid/offer spread in the horse in both the champion & stayers.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Huntey do you think he will improve that little given the cough and Nicholls saying he would come on for it. I was thinking 10lbs and he will need to improve.

I'd say he has circa 8lbs improvement in him alright but I have him 2 or 3lbs too high for his Betfair win. Going on his official mark of 160 I think another 5 or 6lbs won't be far off what he will race to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Zarkandar
    Had a dream last night Hurricane was off the bridal coming around the turn at the bottom and Binocular cruised up by him and about 10 lengths clear, only to fall at the last!

Grandouet
    ft9 wrote: »
    Had a dream last night Hurricane was off the bridal coming around the turn at the bottom and Binocular cruised up by him and about 10 lengths clear, only to fall at the last!

I had a dream last night I looked at the results on irishracing.com and Dynaste at 9/1 won the world hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Zarkandar
    I had a dream last night that I was drinking with Eamonn Dunphy and we ended up in coppers with 2 mingers!

That's much better than dreaming about seeing horse racing results in my book!?

Binocular
    leggit wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I was drinking with Eamonn Dunphy and we ended up in coppers with 2 mingers!

That's much better than dreaming about seeing horse racing results in my book!?

Giles and Brady?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Zarkandar
    hucklebuck wrote: »
    Giles and Brady?

Nah, Giles and Brady would have been an improvement on these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

leggit wrote: »
    Nah, Giles and Brady would have been an improvement on these things!
    Giles would have told you which horse ticked all the boxes only tofind out it was not good enough to run and Brady agreed with John.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Zarkandar
    How long has hurricane fly been 10/11?

Zarkandar
    Lay side is blank for Midnight Game on Betfair. Last price matched was only 15.5 though.

Zarkandar
    Lay side is blank for Midnight Game on Betfair. Last price matched was only 15.5 though.

Wrong thread!

Grandouet
    Zarkandar very weak in the betting. Now a full two points behind Binocular on the exchanges having been ahead of him a week or so ago. 6.4 v 8.4

Binocular
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Zarkandar very weak in the betting. Now a full two points behind Binocular on the exchanges having been ahead of him a week or so ago. 6.4 v 8.4

I will be going in again on the day, on the morning line he looked a whole lot tighter than he did at the Betfair. Huge ask to beat HF but 9/4 w/o looks close to the bet of the festival for me.

• Advertisement

Zarkandar
    11/10 HF with Betfred

1.98 to lay on Betfair.

Timeform have him 8lbs clear FWIW

Advertisement