Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildy goodness

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

i was just going on the hire car thermometer :o at liverpool, just saying felt so cold in comparison at knock

Well Ed, you should know that precision is a religion with us weather folk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Nabber wrote: »
    Mild is good, gets you ready for the extremes. Come on March heat wave, 'dew can do it' :D

NO , no march heatwave I want our seasons back! For about the last two years or so the seasons have been completely messed up, cold summer 2010,hot spring 2010, super cold autumn and start of winter 2010 then very mild rest of winter 2011, then very hot spring 2011, then very cold summer 2011, super hot autumn 2011, unusually warm winter 2011/ 2012 and then another very hot spring will continue the cycle of crazy seasons:pHow about we save up the heatwave for the actual summer months, we dont want another last year fiasco, where we got a very very hot march april heatwave and then one of the coldest,dullest most miserable summers in living memory:pac: Lets hope we dont get a summer as bad as that again, god knows we deserve it after this horribly mild boring winter:( Though the past few days in dublin have been really nice,sunny and warm, very springlike:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Nice stretch in the evenings weather mild but in no way warm. Half decent early spring weather is the best way to describe it. If we get another summer like last year this year I'm heading to Australia for the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a fella i know recorded a temperature of 34 c in his growing tunnel on thursday in barndarrig, co. Wicklow

a fella i know recorded a temperature of 34 c in his growing tunnel on thursday in barndarrig, co. Wicklow

It was 250c in my oven last night :cool:

Beef casserole....hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Wild Bill wrote: »
    It was 250c in my oven last night :cool:

Beef casserole....hmmmmm
    It was even hotter on my bbq yesterday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A quiet weather forum is usually good news for mild lovers like myself. May it continue unless theres a good storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Some really nice days recently, today included (Till it started raining 20 minutes ago!). Just feels very nice out even if tempertures arn't anything amazing, but hit 15 degree's on Thursday and with very little wind, it felt fantastic!

So another good april maybe this year? I hope so. One thing is for sure, I dont expect an amazing summer like some people on here do every year. People seem to have clouded judgement when it comes to hot summers and Ireland. 95/03/06 seem to have some thinking Ireland is guarenteed amazing summers every year, and then they never stop complaining when it rains! We've been extremely close to a spanish plume the last two years, and I dont know how many more times I can watch wimbledon with the commentators saying it's 30 degree's! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lets hope the change starts this summer because i think we all need a break here after the worst winter I can ever remember and a countless run of cold & wet summers. I think at this stage were in need of a decent summer more so than a cold winter.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think at this stage were in need of a decent summer more so than a cold winter.

I'd take either!

But five poxy summers in a row during a period with two of the coldest winters in a century is Little Ice Age stuff - despite this mild winter.

So who knows what's ahead? :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

mildygood.png

Cooler weather later this week aside, the charts just keep on giving. If only it were summer :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Muck today, stubbornly overcast, even the grass is still a bit damp.

mike65 wrote: »
    Muck today, stubbornly overcast, even the grass is still a bit damp.

We've been unlucky. England basking in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

dsmythy wrote: »
    We've been unlucky. England basking in it.

Same old same old..:(

bryaner wrote: »
    Same old same old..

Some glorious sunshine here today! :D

Hope ye find that consoling :cool:

To be fair the previous 3 days were very decent down here, hopefully better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

8 degrees and misty here in waterford at the moment

if this is what passes for mildy goodness, I'll take cold and sunny any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Anyone notice how quiets boards weather is gone lately, just goes to show were just all winter followers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Think everyone's still here but there's only so much people can bother talking about miserable greyness. It'll hopefully liven up once convection kicks off over land again, we're well overdue some good thunderstorms after getting close to nothing over the past few years

On the current weather, it hasn't been noticeably mild here at all, high today of only 10.7C with plenty of mist and drizzle keeping things nice and miserable

hideous day! **** off quiet weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lawn cut. Heating turned off. Love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Anyone notice how quiets boards weather is gone lately, just goes to show were just all winter followers :)

TBH its probably cos the weather has been dull(in every sense of the word!!) for months now. Indeed since the big freeze at the end of 2010 there has been very little in the way of "eventfull" weather of any type to get stuck into(apart maybe from the rainfall event in Dublin and a bit of wind for some around Christmas)

Took this one this morning for the "current conditions" thread and as it turned out it summed up the whole day :(

IMG_0644-2.jpg

Incredible gloom in a world of meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

I would say since the turn of the year that in Sligo there has been less than 10 what you could call sunny days.

There was probably been around 40 misty or drizzly days , one or two haily days, theres were the sunny days too, 20 or so rainy days. The rest of the month looks meh enough too but hopefully the strength of the sun and the position of the High will mean that we get to see the sun in the West.

My babees are nearly 8 months old and have only seen the sun on 5 days in 2012. They get a bit frightened of it coz they dont know what it is. To them a cloudy misty day is what outside is like. On the other days they are sleeping in rooms where no light gets in or playing, crying pooping rolling etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I wounder how long it will be before will have hose bans in parts of Iireland, in general rain amounts have been bellow average. Parts of england all ready have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I think March is usually very reliable when it comes to the old saying "in like a lamb out like a lion" or "in like a lion out like a lamb". It looks like it is shaping up for a dirty cold end to the month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

We had the token lion bit last week..

I feel 1976 ( or failing that 1984) is returning, honest I do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Where's the 'mini heat wave' we were all banking on. It's cold and grey. :(

Milky badness

• Advertisement

grey day here in Lucan again today. Sky looks like concrete.

Got a letter from hospital during week, my blood tests show Ive a vitamin D deficiency. No bleedin wonder. Never any sun here. :rolleyes:

Advertisement