Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland in Kenya 2012

Options
  • 12-02-2012 2:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Carnage on the first day of the Intercontinental Cup match:

Ireland 75 all out in 33.5 overs
    Kenya 109 all out in 35.1 overs

Ireland currently 30/0 in their second innings, all before tea on Day 1!

All 20 wickets so far are catches, all Kenyan wickets taken by spinners (5 each for Dockrell and Van der Merwe).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is it a bad pitch or just bad cricket? 22 catches would suggest the latter to me...

Ireland 81/2 at stumps. 211/22 is a pretty remarkable days cricket for the bowlers!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Ed Joyce being the key tomorrow. If we can get Cusack with a nice 30/40 and likewise with Wilson, Kevin, White, Mooney and whatever we can get from the bowlers is important also.

A lead of 250 can be a winning one, especially with Dockrell and van der Merwe bowling together...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

More craziness today. Looks like the whole thing will be done by lunch on day 2 :eek:

Ireland 75 & 152
    Kenya 109 and 35/7

Dockrell 18/4
    VDM 7/3

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

36/8 now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there a place i can stream this online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Pudsy33 wrote: »

We need to be careful around this area for the next while - please post only free streams, we do not endorse any copyright violations.

This is getting a bit tense for my liking. 72/8 now, requiring 47 more. Need to break this 9th wicket partnetship...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Don't have a stream, but live updates here - http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-intercontinental-cup-2011-13/engine/current/match/516849.html

big fight from Kenya. 36 needed with 2 wickets remaining

Last wicket was 50 runs ago. If they don't break this partnership up really soon, I think they'll lose.

• Advertisement

WICKET!!!

24 runs or less to get one more out!

Victory by 10 runs!

That was serious squeaky bum time.

That was a better finish than it needed to be! Looked a comfortable victory at 36/8.

Does anyone know what sickness Joyce and Dockrell had?. Joyce had to retire out this morning from sickness, he shares a room with Dockrell and he was also sick...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Cremated wrote: »
    Does anyone know what sickness Joyce and Dockrell had?. Joyce had to retire out this morning from sickness, he shares a room with Dockrell and he was also sick...

An upset stomach, apparently. I would imagine it was less than pleasant, so major credit to both, and Dockrell in particular, for their performances today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Great win for the lads, a win in Africa is impressive, no matter how it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Would Kenya have been big favourites for this game? Great result if thats the case.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Would Kenya have been big favourites for this game? Great result if thats the case.

Ireland would have been I'd say. Consistently the best associate team over the past few years and Kenya have gone back a bit. Still though, Kenya are up there with Holland as the best of the rest, and a win away against them is not to be sniffed at.

I dont think any associate will be favorites over Ireland at present, regardless of the conditions or where the game is played. Not that that takes anything from this victory; its still a very difficult away game and a fantastic result given how the game went and how tight it turned out to be.

Yeah also it looks like Joyce is getting into some form. The only batsman to look good on the minefield. Was out scoring Stirling at a s/r of over 115 up till his 47th run. When two wickets fell and he slowed down.

Still the ODI's are up next, TJ and Boyd were rested for the four-day game, so I imagine they come straight back into the squad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Not looking too good in the one day game which is also a world cup qualifier Ireland 200 all out, Kenya 100-2 off 27.3 overs. Partnership of 56 at the moment, need a wicket or two quickly or it could be a costly defeat.

Edit: 101-3 now badly needed wicket

Doubt we will be entering the World Cup anytime soon. Cusack shouldn't be allowed to bowl. Why didn't Will give TJ or Boyd the 2nd PP overs. Shocking display all together :(...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Kenya cruising to victory. Need just 41 from 12 overs with 7 wickets in hand. Another game in a couple of days, need to win that now, there are a lot of tough games to come.

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES5/articles/000004/000410.shtml

Nice to see the lads getting back to winning ways.

Didnt realise that game was on today. Good to get that result after Saturday. Nice to see Joyce making some runs as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

We're 40/3 now chasing 107, could be an exciting finish

Ireland are 65/3 after 10 with 43 from 60 needed :)...

http://www.cricketeurope2.net/LIVE/CHANNELS/5/live.shtml

Comfortable 6 wicket win. Good omen for T20 Qualifiers.

Also Dockrell wasn't too bad with his bowling, 4-0-15-3 - - 3.75 MOM :)...

• Advertisement

Cremated wrote: »
    Also Dockrell wasn't too bad with his bowling, 4-0-15-3 - - 3.75 MOM :)...

Indeed, he opened the bowling and got 2 wickets in his first 2 overs. :)

Advertisement