Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth crumbling/falling out?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Haven't posted here before, but was wondering if anybody could make any sense of this.

I've had a few recurring dreams about my teeth falling out, but this one was different.
    Had this dream a few weeks ago where I was in one of my mates house and my teeth started to crumble and fall, I was freaking out so I ran into the bathroom(don't remember recognizing the bathroom) and looked in the mirror to see all my teeth coming out in my hands.(felt real too) Then all of a sudden I became lucid because I remembered I had a similar dream to that before, tried to pinch my self(yes i actually did) nothing happened immediately, but a little after I woke up(or at least I though I did) and i'm in the bed in his spare room. To my relief I check my teeth and there all there, next thing all of a sudden they start to crumble and fall out again(but as i'm lucid I know not to freak out), I go to get out of the bed and I wake up for real this time!

One question, how F*cked up am I :P

Also had dreams where I can't open my mouth. Feels like there's huge pressure on my Jaw, like i'm constantly biting down as hard as I can, and it hurts like a b*tch too. Doesn't hurt when I make up though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catbird

Do you grind your teeth at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Haven't posted here before, but was wondering if anybody could make any sense of this.

I've had a few recurring dreams about my teeth falling out, but this one was different.
    Had this dream a few weeks ago where I was in one of my mates house and my teeth started to crumble and fall, I was freaking out so I ran into the bathroom(don't remember recognizing the bathroom) and looked in the mirror to see all my teeth coming out in my hands.(felt real too) Then all of a sudden I became lucid because I remembered I had a similar dream to that before, tried to pinch my self(yes i actually did) nothing happened immediately, but a little after I woke up(or at least I though I did) and i'm in the bed in his spare room. To my relief I check my teeth and there all there, next thing all of a sudden they start to crumble and fall out again(but as i'm lucid I know not to freak out), I go to get out of the bed and I wake up for real this time!

Also had dreams where I can't open my mouth. Feels like there's huge pressure on my Jaw, like i'm constantly biting down as hard as I can, and it hurts like a b*tch too. Doesn't hurt when I make up though!

Hey OP, I used to have these exactly same dreams aswell. Really freaky stuff to pull your teeth out and have it feel real. Used to always breath a sigh of relief when i awoke to find I still had all my knashers. This website I had a look at back then had an explanation for it.

http://www.realmeaningofdreams.com/teeth-dreams.html

While the explanation could apply to just about everybody. At the time when I had them the most was during a period of extensive dental work. My guess was, that it cost so much money, it would have been my worst nightmare to loose them after all that. So it was most likely never far from my subconscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

stevenf17 wrote: »

Inception, eh?:eek::)
    I actually used to have this dream regularly years ago. The relief when you wake up with a mouthful of teeth intact is HUGE. Ive read the article about possible reasons for dreaming this, but isnt it amazing that so many people dream of teeth in particular as the expression of insecurities etc when there are so many other ways it might express itself while dreaming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Read in a dream book that Teeth falling out signifies a loss of friends (or possible fear of loosing friends).

Anytime i;ve ever had that dream though it;s cos i never brushed my teeth that night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aod113

Curmbling teeth can mean a fear of losing control. My friend had these dreams during her PHd. Seems to occur alot during stressful times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

I hate these dreams with a passion! I've heard that it is a sign of being stressed! I often have this dream but it's usually happens to me after stressful times such as exams!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Do know if you grind your teeth or clench your jaw in your sleep? If you're dreaming about it could be because you're doing it in reality or visa versa. I've always gotten these dreams on and off throughout the years (but I have severe dental phobia so could be something to do with that so not going to get caught up in the potential meanings behind the dreams). I do clench my jaw in my sleep and recently started sleeping with a mouthguard (specially fitted kind from the dentist). Last night I had a dream that the mouthguard crumbled and feel out of my mouth!! Definitely better than teeth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I had a dream that I pulled out every tooth. Individually and grusomely pulled each one, blood everywhere. It seemed to last hours. And yes, I grind my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susanmiller696

If you look for a valid reason of grinding teeth then I would say it means you have a digestion problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missroro

and you feel so luckly when u wake up and you have youe teeth lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lizerb23

catbird wrote: »
    Do you grind your teeth at all?

yeh this happend to me before these dreams, and i do grind my teeth and clench them during my teeth, but i asked a dream interpreter and they said if you dream of you teeth falling out that you feel like your losing your youth or your looks..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

Yeah I have similar dreams sometimes, where you genuinely think you wake up from the dream and then something weird happens and you release your still dreaming :D

Some really vivid dreams are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pinkmoonfan

I have the same. I also grind my teeth in my sleep, or so I'm told. I'm really reluctant to attribute these dreams to anything other than just routine. I've had them pretty much all my life, through stressful times and good times. I'm really sceptical about the 'true' meaning of dreams. I think they're just the wanderings of an unconscious mind. I think people get quite worked up trying to figure out what they really mean when there's no conclusive evidence to suggest they do in fact mean anything definitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Jaysus, thanks for all the reply's guys!
    For some reason I wasn't subscribed to updates from this thread so never got any notification of reply's.

Eh yeah I think I'm going to put it down to some sort of stress.
    It was around the time of college exams and I was to be starting a new job in a few weeks, so maybe I was stressed/worried about it all!

Thanks again everyone! Oh and I haven't had any since btw!

Advertisement