Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Last episode of the season tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heckler wrote: »
    Mickey is the one of the most cvntish characters i've seen in a long time. The sooner he gets a bullet the better. Ray could be fvcked for the g-man though.

Killing off Mickey this soon would be a big mistake, he is one best characters on the show imo and Voight plays him brilliantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Meh ending episode I thought.

Kinda figured the Mickey turn on Sully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Poor finish to a good opening series,the minute they were meeting at the marina i twigged with was going to happen,pity there wasnt a cliffhanger to keep us guessing till next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nothing spectacular in that final season but a promising season of television and I'll be looking forward to season two.

The final scene where the kids didn't react at all to Ray in his blood stained shirt and Abbey going over to lie beside him while he's wearing same said a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

pity there wasnt a cliffhanger to keep us guessing till next year.

Well, we'll have to keep guessing what Frances is going to do with that information, which has also come to Mickey's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I loved it and can't wait for season 2.

Big plot hole in the penultimate episode though. How did Bunchie get the priest from the church to the boxing club?

Guess Bunchy dragged/carried the priest to the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Such a phoned in finale. Good series but they really need to think of something better for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Excellent finale, the Ray and Mickey scene was very acted/written. Overall a very satisfactory way to finish whats been a super season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thought it was a good end to the season.

Me thinks, the final episode was already done before a second season was ordered, hence they had it all pretty much wrapped up.

Finially watched the finale and ive got mixed feelings on it. On one hand it did a lot right and managed to deliver on some of the early promise but on the other hand it was all rather generic and the whole Marina scene felt like something out of a cheap direct to VHS 90s crime thriller starring Eric Roberts. It's clear that the show was never intended to be an on going one and the way that it wrapped up most of the storylines really doesn't leave you anticipating a second series all the much. I'll happily watch it as it airs but whereas the series finale of Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy leaves you counting down the days till it returns I'd not exactly be all that disappointed if they left things as they are.

The one moment that I really loved were those final moments on the beach. They way the kids and Abby reacted to a blood spattered Ray said so much. Really was a powerful moment and one that perfectly illustrated just how much like his father Ray is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mc Love wrote: »

he was great in Huff, looking forward to seeing him in it.

Ann-Margret joins in a recurring role as June Wilson, a former film star who has a past with Ezra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

I'll watch S2 but it just seemed quite a boring, slow moving show that never seemed to have much of a spark. I started to lose interest a few episodes in. It wasn't low quality though, just fairly boring so they might change the tone in Season 2 to counteract this. Will have to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If you found it boring and lost interest why watch it?

I liked it myself, enjoyed the pacing and didnt find it in the least bit boring but if I found myself losing interest Id stop watching, lifes too short :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I loved the show and can't wait for more. Glad there wasn't a shoot out every episode, watch Sons of Anarchy for that

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    If you found it boring and lost interest why watch it?

I liked it myself, enjoyed the pacing and didnt find it in the least bit boring but if I found myself losing interest Id stop watching, lifes too short :)

I watched because it was a Summer show with a strong cast. There wqas a quality there. Boring is probably the wrong word. I think some of it was too dragged out. Other episodes were nicely paced. TBH just when I started to get to the stage where I was about to give up, an episode came along that dragged me on for another while. It just wouldn't be in my top 10 summer shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only thing I disliked about the show was his wife and her awful accent. Roiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Back tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sky atlantic on tuesday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Watched this last night. It was ok.
    Bit like a previously on.. summed up Season 1 in one episode.

The wife's Bawwwwwwwsten accent was kept to a near minimum which was excellent.

Not sure I can be bothered with series 2, the first series felt overlong as it was and I'm not sure the material is there to stretch it out over another 10 hours or so.

Not sure I can be bothered with series 2, the first series felt overlong as it was and I'm not sure the material is there to stretch it out over another 10 hours or so.

Ya you said that last time and we all disagreed, bit like a season 1 recap with you.

Watched the new episode tonight, good start, as said above was like a catch up and few interesting stories to start, like the look of Hank Azarias character and looking forward to 'the Bunk'.

Ya you said that last time and we all disagreed, bit like a season 1 recap with you.

Watched the new episode tonight, good start, as said above was like a catch up and few interesting stories to start, like the look of Hank Azarias character and looking forward to 'the Bunk'.

That it was originally conceived as a film or mini series, would hint at there not being all that much story to it. There is a great story at the heart of it but series 1 had far too much episodes where nothing of any note happened. I rewatched a few episodes of series one in the past few weeks and you can see how it could be a truly exceptional 3 or 4 hour film. The series 2 opening was decent if not exactly all that different than what we've seen in series 1. It was pretty much a here's what happened last year with a few new storylines set up with all the angst and brooding we've seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Half way through season 1, really enjoying it so far. Strong cast and interesting character development keeping me interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I never really had a problem with Abbie until last night's episode (episode 2 series 2) but she is really starting to grate on me now. It's like she is taking all the worst elements of Carmella from the Sopranos and Skylar from BB and also that annoying accent. Ugh. Single handed-ly ruined that episode.

I thought the episode was good. I lost interest last year and I'm hoping that this season is more on point. It all got a bit boring for a finish last time. This time around was quite immediate and all the events were fairly well packaged. Let's just hope they can keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jaysis that was a boring episode!

Bunk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Enjoying the series so far, the additions of Bunk and Hank Azaria have been very good, both good characters, especially Azarias.

I'd like to see Terry feature more in Season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just got renewed for a 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brandon F

I really want to like this show. Enjoyed season 1 but season 2 is just dire. It seems like they just got the same scriptwriter as the GTA games. That works in that universe, but in reality it does make for great viewing here. Ray's wife couldn't be more annoying. I'll continue to watch it though for Schreiber and Voight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got renewed for a 3rd season

I hope Bunchy's problem goes away by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Latest episode was pretty decent. Final scene with Ray and Conor was good

I only realized last night that I missed Episode 5. I only realized that because I saw a scene with the daughter and her boyfriend that I didn't recognize on the recap for the latest episode. The thing is though that it didn't really matter! The series moves so slowly that the wife being more into the cop didn't seem too out of place. Bunchie deciding to move to Ireland just came out of nowhere anyway so, feck it and we always knew the daughter was going to end up closer to the rapper anyway. At least last season we had Sully and that plotline which was worth a look. This season there's the FBI guy which seems to be moving a lot more slowly. Now, maybe Season 5 moved that along and I'll go back and watch but, still. It's a lot of style over substance really.

Fundamentally I don't get Ray's obsession with that Ira Goldstein guy. The guy's an idiot and seems to be living more off his reputation as a hard man than is actually the case now. That hullaballoo over the lady and her having to sell her paintings was pointless. If Ray had told Ira to feck off, what the hell was Ira going to do? I certainly couldn't see him calling around to Ray with the intention of wacking him.

It's almost like they're stretching a 2-3 episode season over 8-10 episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

squonk wrote: »
    Bunchie deciding to move to Ireland just came out of nowhere anyway

It's actually Terry that has decided to move to Ireland.... #justsaying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Anyone else feel that season 2 just doesn't have the same edge as season 1?

Having said that, the latest episode was probably the best one so far (of the series). Let's hope it gives the storyline a bit more vigour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyone else feel that season 2 just doesn't have the same edge as season 1?

Me!

Yeah it finally started to kick off with this latest episode. So little was happening so far that I missed episode 5 and barely noticed it. I actually don't really think it mattered greatly which is damning enough. I suppose there'll be a bit more impetus though from now on!

It really took ages for something exciting to happen. His daughter's storyline had been meh for so long until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

It really took ages for something exciting to happen. His daughter's storyline had been meh for so long until now.

I was shouting at the tv when the gunman was there - "she's hiding in the back seat!"

Advertisement