Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting days - Swap - Meet ups.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 POWER111

Hi

I would like to treat myself and my new gundog to a days rough shooting not really to worried about numbers 30 birds would be fine just looking to give the dog a good workout my budgt 300-500 can anyone reccemond somewhere.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

You mean driven shooting, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 POWER111

No rough / walk up shooting really anywhere from 10- 30 birds would be ok any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

there is an ad on donedeal every year for driven and walked up shooting based in the north i think. i think there is also a place in cork that has something similar if you google it i'm sure you'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Co. Down - http://www.donedeal.ie/othersports-for-sale/pheasant-shooting-2013-14/3354571

It usually goes up on donedeal every 2-3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Wildsport

anthonyos wrote: »
    hello im looking for someone that has a rabbit problem or that would like to do a bit of ferreting and has access to land with clear ditches i want too break in some new ferrets and have no where as of yet to do it....can repay with a bit of pigeon decoying??? kildare dublin wicklow areas thanks

Hi I have a lot of rabbits spreading form sand dunes would like to do some pigeon but we are far apart I live in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Wildsport

johnny3 wrote: »
    hi lads any one interested in a swap im looking for a good day woodcock shooting in return i can take ya pigeon shooting we do shoot big bags pm me plz im in meath will traval :D

If you want get in touch and we might be able to work something out

Just a tip be carefull when ferreting in sand. Can be quite easy to lose a ferret and become trapped.
    Tunnels collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mrbrendank

hi, has anyone any land where they wouldn't mind me coming on with my gun and gun dog to shoot up some phesents. a bird of offering wouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭sniperman

hi all.anyone around the nenagh area,(or up to 20 miles around nenagh),with a fox,rabbit,rat problem,i have .22 and .17hmr,no charge,insured with IFA,im shooting 36 years,so i have the experience,pm me for details,thanks;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 markgil

Hi guys, I'm wondering what the best way to go about getting a start on deer stalking is? I have always wanted to do it, but have never known anyone who does so it has always seemed like a hard thing to get in to.. I'm aware of the permissions required etc. However I would not apply for these, or ask for permissions on land without any experience!! Are there any facilities/groups around that cater for somebody that just wants to tag along and gain experience in the sport? I obviously wouldn't mind doing heavy lifting and making sure I took care of myself... I'm just asking for advice here any would be great, I'm trying to get in to the sport just like you guys..
    Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I posted this in the main Hunting form sorry mods did not see this section!so in case people did not see it here it is again.
    Lads just being reading back as far as 2/4 years ago there was a simulated rated Duck shoot organised by fellow bordies and by all accounts it went very well!! Would the people that organised past shoots be up for doing another one come September?
    I don't mind orginising something if we get enough people interested of course nothing will be booked till Augest or there abouts.at this time it's just a feeler and I don't want to be messed around with numbers a deposit will be required via pay pal or somethin.But first things first who would be up for it? Somewhere around Wicklow or the East cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

Looking for a bit of pidgeon shooting in exchange for some woodcock shooting or whatever ur into.I know distance and timing can be a problem but sure try me.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Padda1972

Waterford deer hunter interested in hunting in Donegal. Have HCAP, insurance, relevant licences (firearms & deer hunting).
    Willing to buy into letting / exchange days for fallow shooting in Waterford.
    Have house in Falcarragh area, so this suits best.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Rescueme0007

I'm looking for some permissions for shooting rabbits and other vermin in preferably the south cork area. Fully insured and over 30 years experience in sooting, centrefire and rimfire.

I have some skills which might be of use to those in farming or industry to trade in exchange for permission to shoot.

Anyone interested pm me and i'll respond asap!

If anyone in Dublin area or anyone willing to travel up to Dublin I have a bit of land that is literally riddled with bunnies and I wanna hit them hard before they get mixxy
    So anyone with a .22 and moderator can pm and can organise for Sunday maybe. Wanna head out for at least 6 hours and Keep as many as you want
    Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭marty555

I'm trying to pm you but can't for some reason. If you still have space maybe you could get back to me.

marty555 wrote: »
    I'm trying to pm you but can't for some reason. If you still have space maybe you could get back to me.

Should be able to I've deleted a lot of messages

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

I pmed you there tooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi I have permission to shoot land in north county Dublin mainly crows etc if anyone want to come out on a Monday or Tuesday pm me thanks must have own insurance and license obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

looking for rabbit shooting have all licence and insurance 10 years experience rifle or shotgun your preference. located in rural galway will travel

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countryhunt

Two lads looking to go pigeon shooting in the midlands. Would like to try it out and maybe get a few decoys and help out some farmers.
    Have been duck and pheasant shooting in the west for years
    Have license and insurance
    Weekends only
    Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭sniperman

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all.anyone around the nenagh area,(or up to 10 miles around nenagh),with a fox,rabbit,rat problem,i have .22 and .17hmr,no charge,insured with IFA,im shooting 36 years,so i have the experience,pm me for details,thanks;)

up date.....now only have .22 lr, and also willing to give my service free as a painter/decorator, for new suitable permissions, pm me for details,thanks all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement