Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese attitude towards Irish?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah was gonna say, wasted opportunity there :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Confused OR lack of general knowledge ? The World cup hosted by and between Japan & Korea in 2002 Japanese officials were bewildered by English football fans sporting the George cross painted on their faces and producing British passports at immigration . The first batch off the planes were all held on suspicion of having false passports . The reason ? Football fans should have the union jack painted on their face .

Possibly lack of knowledge? I know when she went to school, Japanese kids would not have been taught about Ireland. But she eventually travelled around the world before coming to Ireland for a few years. One of our friends in Tokyo was well aware of Ireland - because of the Guinness. Herself and the wife visited about 8 pubs in 2 days to sample the black stuff, a year or two back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

old hippy wrote: »
    Possibly lack of knowledge? I know when she went to school, Japanese kids would not have been taught about Ireland. But she eventually travelled around the world before coming to Ireland for a few years. One of our friends in Tokyo was well aware of Ireland - because of the Guinness. Herself and the wife visited about 8 pubs in 2 days to sample the black stuff, a year or two back :D

Not to worry , many of my extended family ,the younger ones and some of the adults often ask when we meet up for a pint . "How long are you home for and when are you going back to China" About two weeks ago I was asked to say something in Chinese . I did ....... "Who Flung Dung" and the response was " yeah we know that one .. isn't he the Emperor .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

... I think there is a distinct difference in how nice Japanese people are over Chinese in my own experience too...

:pac: This

Advertisement