Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aldi Car Specials

Options
  • 08-02-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Bulbs good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭pcardin

Yeah, need to get that bulb replacement kit to please the french communists. Gona do my summer trip and unfortunately France is included. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Miscreant

The bulb sets are fantastic. Very bright and clear headlight bulbs especially...... Worth buying the set just for those alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Think I might invest in one of them trolley jacks myself. been meaning to get one for quite a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The trolley jack is excellent, I have one for 3 years and it hasn't given a moment's grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

That bulb kit isnt that great value lads

I bought some last week from a supplier for 3.75 each wholesale, and it's much better stocked and better quality than that one, will probably retail it around 6.99, and I only bought 25 of them so no huge bulk discount !

Have a look around first

*car mat set is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

any thoughts on the wipers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I don't know about the wipers, but that Bardolino Chiaretto Classico looks delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I get halfords wipers for the missuss car in halfords, €22 retail for the pair, €8.40 with trade card

Tesco flat blades for my own car, €16 or so for the set.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

theyre a bit dear without the card alright, no idea how the Aldi ones are tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Owen wrote: »
    The trolley jack is excellent, I have one for 3 years and it hasn't given a moment's grief.

I need to get a new one.........mine isn't what you'd call safe :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I have the Aldi wipers on my Yaris. Done about 3000 miles with them. No issues and every bit as good as the Bosch set that was on before.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

are there any cheaper options for the bmw/vw flat blade type wipers, they seem to cost about 50 euro a pair in auto factors or dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

pcardin wrote: »
    Yeah, need to get that bulb replacement kit to please the french communists. Gona do my summer trip and unfortunately France is included. :D

Unlike Ireland where such things as working lights and aligned headlights are optional, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

dharn wrote: »
    are there any cheaper options for the bmw/vw flat blade type wipers, they seem to cost about 50 euro a pair in auto factors or dealers

Try misterauto.ie

They are doing a promotion on Valeo blades at the moment. 45% off and delivery is cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

pcardin wrote: »
    Don't forget your mandatory breathalyser...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Bulb set is good value...gonna grab myself one of those. Wouldn't go for the wipers though. Only ever get Bosch blades now. Any of the non brand ones I've gotten were noisy as hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anyone here know what the car seat covers are like? Are they good quality? They've got a 3 year warranty so I'm assuming they can't be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Hammertime wrote: »

I bought some last week from a supplier for 3.75 each wholesale, and it's much better stocked and better quality than that one, will probably retail it around 6.99, and I only bought 25 of them so no huge bulk discount !

Have a look around first

That is cheap. it includes 2 halogen bulbs for main headlights that go for at least 7 euros each in my local motorfactor

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Does it include 2 of each type of bulb? e.g. 2 x H7 bulbs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Hammertime wrote: »

Have a look around first

Well considering that you can pay €10 for a H7 bulb, it is good value. Your on wholesale prices which aren't available to the normal Joe Soap on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I bought generic Halford wipers and replaced them with the Aldi ones which were far smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I've used Aldi/Lidl wipers for about 2 years now. I get around 9-12 months out of them, so good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I got the wipers today
    Put them on .. No problems . Look good .
    Got 2 of the bulbs packs
    One h7 and one h4
    Great value
    2 headlight bulbs in each pack with a selection of other bulbs and 4 fuses
    Very handy and great price

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FrontDoor

dharn wrote: »
    You can get wiper refills as far as I know. I remember the garage put two in the last service, for maybe a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ciaranott

I'm kicking myself just bought overpriced 40.00 blades from halfrds I knew I should of checked alright didn't know there on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    I have the Aldi wipers on my Yaris. Done about 3000 miles with them. No issues and every bit as good as the Bosch set that was on before.

+1 on that

Advertisement