Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2700s being withdrawn, possibly sold off?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Anyone seen 2751 & 2753 recently? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Anyone seen 2751 & 2753 recently? :eek:

I thought I saw it reported somewhere that they were in Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I thought I saw it reported somewhere that they were in Inchicore.

2751 and 53 were removed from service in April and stored in Limerick. On the 6th of June a 2700 stock movement from Limerick to Inchicore was made up of a very rare to see 7 car formation. The numbers were 2723/26+01/02+53+05/06.

I don't know if 2751 is still in Limerick depot or has been moved to Inchicore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

I reliable source based in Waterford was telling me that some of the 2700s that have recently overhauled engines were going to be stripped as the engines were interchangeable. I always thought that the 26 and 2800 class had MTU engines and not cummins but it's got something to do with them having the same pattern flywheel housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

haulagebasher as far as I know the 26 and 28s are indeed Cummins NTA855s.
    http://www.irishrailcargricers.com/ie2600class.htm
    http://www.colinduff.com/ireland/railcars/2615a.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

thought that the 26 and 2800 class had MTU engines and not cummins
    no, the 26 27 and 2800s all have the Cummins NTA-855 engine as far as i know.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement