Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing his face...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Any particular type of soap? I haven't bought a bar of soap in years and years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

He's very brusque and when we asked he said, "any kind!". I always buy soaps that are made with vegetable oil rather than animal fat - while I don't mind eating animals, somehow spreading them across my skin turns me off a bit. :D I also found that they were less drying than regular soap although I steer away from olive oil based ones as they either agree with you or they don't. To be honest I think most soaps are ok for kids though. In pre-history when I grew up that's all we ever used until our teens when we began to feck with ph of our skin by using alcohol based products.

It might be a good idea to steer clear of soaps containing parabens if the child has any other skin problems though.

Thanks.

We always used soap back in the day too..I remember feeling very posh when I bought my first bottle of shower-gel in the 90s!!!!!!

Can't believe I'm ressurecting this thread, but the spot I first mentioned in February is still there!!! I just wanted to check when I wrote this post because it seems like it's been there forever...

I used tea tree oil, and it seemed to fade...also ensured he keeps it clean, but it's still a tiny read spot that seems to come and go as it pleases.. Another one just appeared beside it this week...and so it begins I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I wonder is it somewhere on his face that he could be touching a lot, like if its on his chin and he leans on his hand in class. Also maybe the tea tree oil doesnt suit him might be worth giving that a break to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Could there be a little ingrown hair in there?

It's on his chin alright, right in the crevice!!

I don't think there's a hair...it has just stayed as a red 'mark' on him, and every so often flares up into a pimple...I will have another look at it later though - he won't let me near it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hi Fittle,

I use this Witch Hazel on my spots/pimples and find it excellent, within a couple of hours the spot has gone down a bit. Although if it is a big red angry spot/pimple it can take a few days to do.

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product_7681_witch-clear-pore-gel-35ml.html

What I do it, get a cotton bud and put a tiny amount of the gel on it and then just lightly dab it on the spot (and only the spot) and leave it be, don't touch the spot or anything, just leave it be and the witch hazel will get to work.

I get it in Boots and it's around €6, although about a month ago Boots had all Witch products on offer for half price, so it was €3 euros. The tube should last a couple of months depending on how often you use it.

I get about two months from a tube as I have quite bad acne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I'm in my thirties and still have a acne and can relate to having a spot that keeps coming back...I think its caused by a hair follicle that has a slight infection and the problem has never resolved at the source. And then every few weeks it bursts through at the skin. If it's going on since Feb, he might need something stronger. Maybe ask a pharmacist?

Re: products - part of my problem has been that i have incredibly sensitive skin. Even the shower gel and shampoo i use can set off my skin.It's having a flare up at the moment because i had shower in my sisters during the week and used loreal elvive! Sanex Shower gel and Pantene are all my skin can handle. It wasn't until i started spending money on good products that my acne actually cleared up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Try putting sudocrem on it at night, it's really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement