Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

liability insurance

• 08-02-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I have 4.5 acres which I am going to grow willow on and other projects. It's not commercial, just a garden extension a few miles from my house.

Do I need to get insurance of some kind. Any time I read about public liability insurance it is to cover businesses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

El Kabong! wrote: »
    I have 4.5 acres which I am going to grow willow on and other projects. It's not commercial, just a garden extension a few miles from my house.

Do I need to get insurance of some kind. Any time I read about public liability insurance it is to cover businesses.

you need insurance, if anyone has a accident they come after the insurance company not you.

i have an acre rented with pigs on it for 6 months a year & i have farm insurance on it with Fbd €120 a year, peace of mind

A

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭victor8600

El Kabong! wrote: »
    cool, thanks.

Hi El Kabong!,

Did you get the insurance then? Did you contact FBD? Was it difficult or expensive to get?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

I, too, am interested in hearing how you got on and any tips you have to offer. I am not farming or running a business but have various useful old sheds and a barn on my small patch. A roofing contractor will be repairing the shed roofs in the coming weeks, and a couple of friends have offered to help harvesting apples shortly in the garden, and I am promised a days' (voluntary) labour by a local lad to scythe banks of brambles. What type of insurance cover is required to cover this kind of thing? The insurer with whom I have standard home insurance policy does not extend to this, which I believe might be Third Party Public Liability? I would like to be as well prepared as possible before approaching the insurer so I get adequate cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Iansheridan18

Chisler2 wrote: »
    I, too, am interested in hearing how you got on and any tips you have to offer. I am not farming or running a business but have various useful old sheds and a barn on my small patch. A roofing contractor will be repairing the shed roofs in the coming weeks, and a couple of friends have offered to help harvesting apples shortly in the garden, and I am promised a days' (voluntary) labour by a local lad to scythe banks of brambles. What type of insurance cover is required to cover this kind of thing? The insurer with whom I have standard home insurance policy does not extend to this, which I believe might be Third Party Public Liability? I would like to be as well prepared as possible before approaching the insurer so I get adequate cover.

How many acres do you have?
    You could get insurance to cover them & your apple trees as growing crops.
    Easy enough done

• Advertisement
Advertisement