Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Alpha Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)
    3. Creature (DrNeptunious)
    4. Dublin_Gunner (Dublin_Gunner)
    5. Dazza (DazaStrike_IRL)
    6. ... (stoned2dabone)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Boards Delta Squad
    1. Squad Leader Ktulu123 (imawesome1987)
    2. Dreamers75 (kdjac)
    3. Igster
    4. AnCapaillMor
    5. EIRELEGEND
    6. Seantheman
    7. DOW
    8. DOW
    9. DOW
    10. Jigsaw124
    11. Shiminay
    12. Soul Assassin IRE
    13. Umpsfar

So what we doing? Mick reckon you can get your mates in to make a team ro we combine and i redo the fixtures?

I would prefer 2 teams but if we cant field them no point. I never got a chance to spam my steam list last night Max Jigsaw Gonzo Yitsack Pog etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Sure ask the whole world to join in!

:p

TheFairy wrote: »
    Sure ask the whole world to join in!

:p

Whats the highest score you can get in Darts?

Now add 6 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

If everyone from A thats there now show up i should be able to fill the gaps:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

cool Daza can u join alpha platoon plz

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241205612717/
    404 Sorry, that page doesn't exist

Edit:Nevermind I went to your profile and added the platoon that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Kefa wrote: »
    Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)
    3. Creature (DrNeptunious)
    4. Dublin_Gunner (Dublin_Gunner)
    5. Dazza (DazaStrike_IRL)
    6. ... (stoned2dabone)

Disband ! Go into Administration !
    Currently 20:20 and only poor Mick on TS alone, 10 Delta.
    Kind of unfair on everyone, especially if people made plans or went out of their way to make the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

Can anyone hop in here? Cause I'd be delighted to get some actual organised, teamplaying matches going. There's only so much I can do by screaming PTFO in chat in public games :(.

Here's my Battlelog page:
    Clikc

Alpha going no where spent my last sunday hanging around waiting for no shows.

Funny thing is most are on battlelog but wont join, some that join decided delta was the place for them and didn't bother joining alpha channel.

Then there's the organization which oh wait there wasn't any.
    Once again the server wasn't set up and the person in control of it doesn't even know how to use it.

Thats my few cents, alpha has gone under.

Maybe park this league as it stands till player numbers build up again? In the mean time maybe organise a 5 man inf only or 8 man rush league until that time. Games on a Wed / Sunday night?

We could also do a ladder, however would need a few more teams, maybe an invite only ladder?

Wouldnt want to see this die, allright theres a bit of argy bargy but sure thats all part of it isnt it :D

• Advertisement

Alpha and CI both gone.

Delta wins the league by default :p

TIG had a server for us to use last night in the event of Boards one not being available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I agree. :D

Alpha and CI both gone.

TIG had a server for us to use last night in the event of Boards one not being available.

Thats half the problem there,you knew we had a sec server and said nothing to alpha about it, we where asking for 20mins to lock the boards server so we could play the game.

If this is to happen again its need to be run properly at the min its a joke every part of it

I posted we had a server available on boards here, its not like it was kept a secret! We have to be fair to KD here, and all have some sort of responsibility in keeping this running smoothly!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

and yet we ended up with a full game of over 24 players, ok 25, still over 24 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A good few of those had nothing to do with the boards thingy. Good crack though.

umpsfar wrote: »
    and yet we ended up with a full game of over 24 players, ok 25, still over 24 :D

A public game with public players and no one on the side they should be with the server open so that anyone can join ???

I came into delta channel a few times asking whats going on but no one said diddly or wanted to do anything about it.

I then asked shiminay who was in the server but not on ts to lock the server which he couldn't, at this stage it was 9:20 so no reason to play.

Im not saying it KD fault not once did i say that but you cant say it was even remotely organized. We didn't even have servers set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

locking the server is a pain in the ass..not only do you have to set it in the config and do a reboot but also in bf3cc...It was also the only way I could get it to work for Craggy.
    It also needs the unranked mode to be set in the config file as well.

Im not saying it KD fault not once did i say that but you cant say it was even remotely organized. We didn't even have servers set up.

But we did we had 2 servers, as our match was getting closer and we had an admin. I wasnt going to bug Fairy whose match was about to start to sort out another server.

Only problem last night was Alpha and CI had no teams, we ended out playing a public game which wa s abit of craic. Somehow Delta had 15 as people who couldnt make the 1st 2 were around.

Any sort of game relies on people to show up, infairness without you there wouldnt be an Alpha team in the 1st place.

Fcuk all i can do if people dont show up.

But we did we had 2 servers, as our match was getting closer and we had an admin. I wasnt going to bug Fairy whose match was about to start to sort out another server.

Only problem last night was Alpha and CI had no teams, we ended out playing a public game which wa s abit of craic. Somehow Delta had 15 as people who couldnt make the 1st 2 were around.

Any sort of game relies on people to show up, infairness without you there wouldnt be an Alpha team in the 1st place.

Fcuk all i can do if people dont show up.

Im not saying its your fault but if the person who has control over the server (i know he has asked for someone who knows how to work it to do it but no one came forward, personally i haven't a clue been awhile since i messed with a bf server) cant lock it in the first place then doesn't matter if all 12 are there we cant play.

If this happens again there needs to be dedicated servers for it or at least set up a day in advance and dropped from 12 to 8 or 5 players.
    Also unless people are actively playing bf3 they shouldn't be allowed into the ladder cause all you get is no shows.

The best thing would be 5 player teams with matches taking place any day within a week (Squad leaders can sort date and time) that way we would have more teams and less reason for no shows as the game can take place over any day of the week

And for the people who cant usually make it could be subs for the teams so that way your not relying on people to show who mite not make it

• Advertisement

/me stands back and watches

Lads the server tools for BF3 are bad, not the fault of the tool, but moreso the way the system works. The server config file doesnt always change when you make an admin change, so when you close the tool and the map changes the bloody thing reverts. There are more stupid problems too!

I've set up and adminned lots of servers for lots of games and none are as troublesome as BF3!

Alpha and CI couldn't field squads.

Delta could, but it's not guaranteed each week. We are just a ragtag bunch of public.

TiG can seem to field a decent team every week, has tactics and is always looking to play.

My suggestion would be TiG join a legitimate league if they want competitive play.
    And the rest of boards (CI, Alpha, Delta) all just meet up on CI/Boards server and TS every sunday and have a laugh.

Depending on how many turn up on the Sunday, say at 8.30-9 , we can pick 2 captains, and then just do a schoolyard pick with all the people on TeamSpeak ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Alpha and CI couldn't field squads.

Delta could, but it's not guaranteed each week. We are just a ragtag bunch of public.

TiG can seem to field a decent team every week, has tactics and is always looking to play.

My suggestion would be TiG join a legitimate league if they want competitive play.
    And the rest of boards (CI, Alpha, Delta) all just meet up on CI/Boards server and TS every sunday and have a laugh.

Depending on how many turn up on the Sunday, say at 8.30-9 , we can pick 2 captains, and then just do a schoolyard pick with all the people on TeamSpeak ?

Sounds like an idea.

Never liked how you had a use a program for bf servers, cod4 was so much better just change the value within the config file and restart server sorted.

(Did he just say something about cod is better than bf..........lol)

LOL you exclude us because we spend 10 mins thinking of an idea on how to play a map, and have a decent number of players?

Some of the guys who play with us only ever jump on TS on a Sunday evening, Brat and James for example. The rest of us play in small groups now and again on public servers.

I don't want to join a public ladder with a pile of dikc siht 15 year old teams who do nothing but spout verbal diarrhea to you the whole game!

Its annoying to see players not be bothered to turn up just because they got beaten a few times. Its happened to us often, by some of the best clans. We played Exit11 one night in BFV and we literally could not move, I think they lost something like 15 tickets the whole map!

We are not by any means a pro team, in fact we are far from it LOL. Most of the teams we have played in this mini league have better players than us, but we just play better as a team.

Its a real pity we cant keep it going.

(Did he just say something about cod is better than bf..........lol)
    moving BACK onto the subject..:cool:
    how about...
    boards vs TIG every sunday, boards are allowed to sport 12-16 players @8pm sharp.
    followed by boards vs craggy and if Alpha can ever get more than 1 player we could play the origional PP week 1 match :P
    @the fairy : i agree ive witness some hell on wheels, 2 nights ago on CBorder game starts, 2 jets take off 1 destroys our chopper other pilot parashoots out dropping c4 over chopper spawing point, blows it up just as it respawns, then pilot skydives straight into our chopper exactly as it respawns again, no fun

We could do a mixed team vs TiG no problem, anything to keep a semi organised game going! We wouldnt have to close the server either, and take turns on Boards, Ci and TiG Servers?

But then the Onus falls on TiG to produce every weekend which they said in earlier posts they can't do. They can safely make near 8.
    So asking them to manage 12-16 is crazy.

We can include TiG in the boards sunday game then fine, but I would assume and think the teams would need to be picked by those on the TS. So would be better if you all joined.

And I never said TiG were pro, but you have at least "SOME" kind of organisation and tactics for the matches, and seem to be that more serious than the rest

im suggesting we are allowed to sport 12-16
    and if we win we dont get bragging rights due to more players, its all for fun.
    if we get 20 boardies- then 1 squad moves to TIG
    or if they have 8 boardies have 16

We can easily do around 12 players, and prob up to 16 at a push. What I did say is that most leagues and teams play 8 player teams, ie more managable.

We could try and get ourselves and our sister clan of sorts {SAS} to make up around 32 players and we could play against a boards/CI mix if you want some night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

these are good ideas

we form a ragtag plucky bunch of rebels to fight the evil corporate TiG and
    if that falls apart we still have enough heads for a good fun kick-about.

I hearby endorse this project.

Advertisement