Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Round 3 12/2/2012 8.30ish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

There should be a 5th round for undecided matches, titan mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

think the best way is making mcoms worth tickets then the ticket count can solve everything

it makes sense if one side forces another 2 the last stage and final mcom they get the credit, while holding off an attack gives u points based on how many u are able to defend at the end of the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

So what are we saying then, its a mutually agreed draw?

Yeah, ALPHA didnt lose!!!!!....................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Blazer wrote: »

Plus maybe move this to mid-week maybe wed nights?
    Lots of people don't seem to be able to make Sunday's...

For who's team ?
    Delta managed 8/9 again, as did CI and TiG

I think it's just Alpha, but they don't have the 8 to get anyways, so I don't see why it should be moved.
    However, I'm not opposed to more matches in any way !! :D as I can do both :D

On the same time as corrie are you all insane!!!!

Definately be able for wednesday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    For who's team ?
    Delta managed 8/9 again, as did CI and TiG

I think it's just Alpha, but they don't have the 8 to get anyways, so I don't see why it should be moved.
    However, I'm not opposed to more matches in any way !! :D as I can do both :D

That was a one off for Craggy...the first 2 weeks we barely got 8 people..
    only reason we got the numbers last night was that everyone wanted a piece of Horse's ass :)

And ye got it as the horse sat on you all.

Can we get another friendly vrs CI on wednesday then ? outside of the Boards league maybe...pick 2-3 maps with gametypes we all like

Can we get another friendly vrs CI on wednesday then ? outside of the Boards league maybe...pick 2-3 maps with gametypes we all like

I'd be up for that....ranked mode?

I cant play on Monday or Wednesday nights, I am usually playing in my own clan matches on those nights. Delta Strike Team.

Anytime you guys feel like an 8 vs 8 Conquest match on any map in hardcore mode, then give me a shout.

We use the standard hardcore settings, which means no crosshair, no kill cam, no 3D spotting, 60% player health (vital), no health regeneration. All weapons unlocked.

• Advertisement

I'd be up for that....ranked mode?

Yeah sure why not. Everyone is lvl45 or whatever, so noones gonna complain of weapon imbalance.

It's just a laugh for the craic anyways, adds a bit of spice to the normal game.
    I can see if Delta would be up for it.

Even 8v8 would do I guess, and if either team can't make 8, sure there are probably other boardies or friends who can make up the numbers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Delta would be up for that match, if we need more we can grab friends etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Definitely. Last night the real fun started after the boards match :D Especially when it came to Protius and Horse "trying" to fly jets :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*head-desk* Guys, I'm really sorry I was a no-show last night, went completely out of my head. Apologies to all my fellow Deltas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

instead of just simply setting the play time as a a particular night,
    both teams should try come up with a good time for both teams.

the team leaders can discuss it.

on a side note, i agree with abe, mcoms need to be added as tickets,
    as using 2 different game modes is useless. they cant be mixed and matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah think the mcoms should definatly be converted to tickets. Also definately up for a friendly with CI on wednesday great games last night

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Its simple Alpha won Conquest TIG won Rush makes it a draw.

But for some reason TIG need to win so have it after all its only a game and Alpha is only random members having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Its simple Alpha won Conquest TIG won Rush makes it a draw.

But for some reason TIG need to win so have it after all its only a game and Alpha is only random members having fun.

I wonder if it was the other way around, would you accept it as a draw.

if you wana go by rounds won, then it would have to be alpha won 1 round of conquest and TiG the other.

but rush would need to be classed as 1 round altogether, as both teams have to take turns doing the same task, which as a single round altogether TiG won 7 to 1.

The only other way to make it fair is through the other method mentioned above where it goes by ticket count. and mcoms are given a value of 25 tickets each.

Your right though, it is a game, and im very sure people arent getting too serious about who won or lost. But theres still no harm in determining who winner is, instead of just chalking a game up as a draw, just so that you dont have to class it as a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    I wonder if it was the other way around, would you accept it as a draw.

if you wana go by rounds won, then it would have to be alpha won 1 round of conquest and TiG the other.

but rush would need to be classed as 1 round altogether, as both teams have to take turns doing the same task, which as a single round altogether TiG won 7 to 1.

The only other way to make it fair is through the other method mentioned above where it goes by ticket count. and mcoms are given a value of 25 tickets each.

Your right though, it is a game, and im very sure people arent getting too serious about who won or lost. But theres still no harm in determining who winner is, instead of just chalking a game up as a draw, just so that you dont have to class it as a loss.

Its not ESL or Clanbase here its a boards mess ladder so a draw doesn't really matter either way plus im not the one making up points systems so there cant be a draw in any of the matches.

I figured we had won our rush round cause the idea of rush is to destroy all M-COMS which you did not do

we even got a "you win" at the end of our rush round.

If you want to count rush as one round then conquest must be counted as one round which again would make it a draw.

I really don't care what happens its kdjac choice its his ladder i just want to play the game.:cool:

the score table for the 2nd round was stated as

............. P W L
    TIG....... 2 2 0
    Alpha.... 1 1 0
    Craggy.. 2 0 2
    Delta.... 1 0 1

posted by dreamers i think,

this table has no draw column or points column. if we are having draw'ed games should we not be using a pionts system?

yea i agree its only a fun game but every group of people are playing to win surely.
    we are just trying to get a system setup thats set in stone :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol, and the game rages on, well beyond the final whistle!

When all was said and done last night, after 4 great rounds of Battlefield, I came away happy we had won it overall, owing to our strong performance in Rush.

The scoring rules for this fun league are simply not clear enough, due to the mixed modes being played. So scoring can be interpreted for our games' result last night as a win for *either* side or a draw.

I would leave the decision on score and outcome to the tourney organiser and am already looking forward to getting on and playing the next one.

gg
    i just want to play the game.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Three groups of people out to have fun & one group of people being very ungracious when victory is clear cut and getting annoyed when someone says good game, thanks for the draw.

Well it's a start everyone and at least we'll know going for the next one how to set it up properly...this one is only a bit of laugh at the end of the day and roll on the next one..:)

1. Sort out scoring system
    Suggest Abe's suggestion I think of awarding points for each MCOM but definitely additional points if you win the rush round, seeing that the whole point of Rush is to destroy all 8 MCOMS or make sure the enemy doesn't.

2. Server set ups--Need to be standard across all the game nights and the settings agreed before the league starts. Majority rules on poll.

3. Mix it up between default and infantry only nights maybe?

4. Pick out maps for each mode and stick to them. Before the first round even starts have the map list for each week readied and posted.
    Same goes for ensuring servers are set up and configured correctly before rounds.

Any other thoughts?

hijacking br4tpr1nce's suggestion ftw ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Any truth to the rumours that Boards Team: Alpha have filed for administration?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Any other thoughts?

Just play conquest!

karma_ wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumours that Boards Team: Alpha have filed for administration?

Only filed, some Oil tycoon shall swoop down and save us!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Vote that we forgo organised matches next week and instead invade an empty public 64 player server with

TiG and Alpha vs CI and Delta

Or something similar! No need for same TS, just play and have fun.

How will the sides work ?
    There will be mass suicide and switching

Also noticed you picked Alpha, as MickFitz and his ringers managed to get a draw (sorry, nearly a draw) from TiG ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I don't see the point of that. Keep it as it is.

Advertisement