Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wispa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Snowie wrote: »
    I hate bounty bars :mad:

they make me physically anxious i hate the wrapper theres nothing nice about them.. who even eats them??

I'm parial to a Bounty every now and again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm parial to a Bounty every now and again :)

Don't smile at me while telling me that i think your sick sick sick deprived weirdo who likes coconut shaving and chocolate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

My da eats Bountys. but he's a wierdo
    anyway.

Don't like Drifters ... they're too chewy for chocolate!

I would happily eat a box of Crunchos if they were sat in front of me. Fake hot dog favoured goodness. Mmm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If you blended a Bounty into a Lilt you would taste the totally tropical taste of paradise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Sky King wrote: »
    If you blended a Bounty into a Lilt you would taste the totally tropical taste of paradise.

And all your teeth would fall out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

there's a shop in limerick called Mr. Simms (a quick google tells me they're in a lot of towns), but they sell a lot of these nostalgic sweets and bars- macaroons, chomps, big time bars, i just go in there though for the lemon fizz bombs, or grenades as i used call them! :D

ps. bounty bar dark chocolate are just moreish, if you hold it in your mouth and crack the chocolate off with your tongue, then squeeze it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth til all the sticky stuff is gone- coconut flakes you can nibble on for hours! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

xsiborg wrote: »
    there's a shop in limerick called Mr. Simms (a quick google tells me they're in a lot of towns), but they sell a lot of these nostalgic sweets and bars- macaroons, chomps, big time bars, i just go in there though for the lemon fizz bombs, or grenades as i used call them! :D

ps. bounty bar dark chocolate are just moreish, if you hold it in your mouth and crack the chocolate off with your tongue, then squeeze it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth til all the sticky stuff is gone- coconut flakes you can nibble on for hours! :p

I <3 Mr. Simms, one of the few places in this country where I can get Marshmallow Fluff:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

OwaynOTT wrote: »

And wipply wobbly wonder.

its called Wibbly Wobbly Wonder... not wipply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

its called Wibbly Wobbly Wonder... not wipply

Wipply wobbly wonder, no wonder I couldn't get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

ElleEm wrote: »

Don't like Drifters ... they're too chewy for chocolate!

...ah.....im..sorry, ....care to repeat that? Did you read post #19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Pointless nostalgia isn't what it used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lippy chick bars I used to love them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

cadburry's chocolate raisins

nom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Beefies. The camenout the exact same time as Meanies in the 80's, same company but a beef flavored chickatee style crisp. Nobody remembers them :( but I was absolutely gutted when they finished making them. I still think of them the odd time these days. Would really love if they made a comeback.

Anyone remember them? They were in a red pack.

Fuse bars, we will never forget you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Bring back the secret bars, they were fuçking delish son!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Black Jacks, probably renamed now.

Kola Cubes.

Oatfield Emeralds, getting harder and harder to get.

On ice creams, Arctic Roll!, too common now!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just the general penny mix, I loved the 100 penny mixture you'd get from a shop for a punt.

SteoL wrote: »
    Beefies. The camenout the exact same time as Meanies in the 80's, same company but a beef flavored chickatee style crisp. Nobody remembers them :( but I was absolutely gutted when they finished making them. I still think of them the odd time these days. Would really love if they made a comeback.

Anyone remember them? They were in a red pack.

i remember 'burger bites' alright, beef flavored corn snacks in an orange/reddish pack, they were out the same time alright as meanies, and wheelies, and monster munch... ohh monster munch- more artificial flavors, colors and preservatives than you could shake a sherbet dip-dab stick at! :D

Just the general penny mix, I loved the 100 penny mixture you'd get from a shop for a punt.

100 golf balls please... :o

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »

Kola Cubes.

black jacks, fruit salads and apple jacks are still around, available in mr. simms sweet shops... :)

dont think they have cola cubes, but they have frosties!

cant remember an artic roll, but i remember scribblers and chilly willys, fat frogs, jesus the ad for the fat frogs, used drive me insane, the ice pops were nice though... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Shhh.. Wispa it

the tiny bubbles give the chocolate a unique texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Shhh.. Wispa it

the tiny bubbles give the chocolate a unique texture.

I said I'm sick of Wispa!

I had a golden crisp earlier. Is that real gold in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Kola Cubes.

You can still get all of them,except for the arctic roll i'm not sure about.used to love them.i think I saw them in some shop a while back,probably different now though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

100 golf balls please... :o

Lol they were lovely and chewing gum at the same time. I'd get a day's worth out of a pounds worth of golf balls.

i remember 'burger bites' alright, beef flavored corn snacks in an orange/reddish pack, they were out the same time alright as meanies, and wheelies, and monster munch... ohh monster munch- more artificial flavors, colors and preservatives than you could shake a sherbet dip-dab stick at! :D

Sam Spudz made them, don't think they still do, made in Donegal like Emeralds, Football Special and a Banana drink!

They do a brilliant Smokey Bacon, crinkley but very hard to find now, even in Donegal.
    black jacks, fruit salads and apple jacks are still around, available in mr. simms sweet shops... :)

dont think they have cola cubes, but they have frosties!

cant remember an artic roll, but i remember scribblers and chilly willys, fat frogs, jesus the ad for the fat frogs, used drive me insane, the ice pops were nice though... :D
    You can still get all of them,except for the arctic roll i'm not sure about.used to love them.i think I saw them in some shop a while back,probably different now though

Arctic Roll is Swiss Roll except ice cream for the cream! Gorgeous!

I think somebody said before when I posted about my love for it that Iceland still does it. Makes sense, lovely processed 70/80's food goodness!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Arctic Roll is Swiss Roll except ice cream for the cream! Gorgeous!

I think somebody said before when I posted about my love for it that Iceland still does it. Makes sense, lovely processed 70/80's food goodness!

I loved the sponge on it,such a great idea with the ice cream! If I remember tomorrow i'll pop into iceland and see if they have any.used to be our sunday treat!

I loved the sponge on it,such a great idea with the ice cream! If I remember tomorrow i'll pop into iceland and see if they have any.used to be our sunday treat!

You commoner! ;)

It was just the perfect mix. I've a notion Lidll or Aldi had it at one time but obviously the commoner demand didn't keep up. Could well have been Iceland, got it a few years ago but the Iceland closed near me! :eek:

You commoner! ;)

It was just the perfect mix. I've a notion Lidll or Aldi had it at one time but obviously the commoner demand didn't keep up. Could well have been Iceland, got it a few years ago but the Iceland closed near me! :eek:
    Ah now,there's a lidl and aldi near the iceland too,but nah i'll just give iceland a go for now. I'll let you know the result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Fat Frog Icepops

Burger bites, Banshee Bones, Hotlips. All the cheap taytos except for Wheelies which were ranks, collected in our house for the year and then given out at Halloween.

Advertisement