Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***MOTORS MEET - Sunday Feb 19th Portlaoise***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

boyler07 wrote: »
    I'm up for this one!.

Any chance of a spin in the burg if i can make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Any chance of a spin in the burg if i can make it?

It's a Sunday now to suit the likes of you so yes, you CAN make it :p

i work saturdays AND sundays :D

i work saturdays AND sundays :D

Ah there's always something up with ya isn't there?! haha

Forget about work and your time and a half and have a good day out!!

i dont give a sh!t about the money man id go if i could! where i work isnt a place where its optional to work sundays, you have to! ill know on monday if i can make it cos thats when that weeks hours will be up

• Advertisement

i dont give a sh!t about the money man id go if i could! where i work isnt a place where its optional to work sundays, you have to! ill know on monday if i can make it cos thats when that weeks hours will be up

*Ring ring*, "hello Dunnes Stores, how can I belt you"

*cough cough* "well garl, ti's ardennes here. I'm sick biy, fair can't work. G'luk!

Off to motors meet :D

*Ring ring*, "hello Dunnes Stores, how can I belt you"

*cough cough* "well garl, ti's ardennes here. I'm sick biy, fair can't work. G'luk!

Off to motors meet :D

:D

you'll need to start working sundays to pay for the petrol to go to all these meets. two more full tanks :)

:D

you'll need to start working sundays to pay for the petrol to go to all these meets. two more full tanks :)

Well it wasn't exactly 2 full tanks. More like a tank and a half :P

oh....thats ok so **** sundays boss! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls
    10. Nissan Doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

It might be no harm in the future to consider a meet that coincides with some free motorsport event , say an autotest, hillclimb, rally etc to make a better day out of it.

Just a thought ?

lets all head to galway for the rally so!

based on the last meet in midway anyway it wouldnt seem there needs to be something to draw people.

good idea though maybe, maybe :)

The way it worked at the Midway was very good. It was a day for us all to chat to one another and drive cars with no distractions.

If you have a meet at some event say a rally, some people mightn't be into rallying and either won't go or won't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bigus wrote: »
    It might be no harm in the future to consider a meet that coincides with some free motorsport event , say an autotest, hillclimb, rally etc to make a better day out of it.

Just a thought ?

Pretty sure we've done meets at Mondello once or twice, have done dyno days aswell.

If you want to organise something,go for it!No one is stopping you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The way it worked at the Midway was very good. It was a day for us all to chat to one another and drive cars with no distractions.

If you have a meet at some event say a rally, some people mightn't be into rallying and either won't go or won't enjoy it.

The only thing about the meets that I dont like is that you dont know who your talking to most of the time.. I was lucky enough to met the Cork crew but I didnt know who was who in Portlaoise..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm the same Corkie. I remember Gary introducing me to you but I only remember because you were the opposite of what I was expecting. Meets like this though are by far the best way to get to know people on here and it leads to a much better environment online aswell, as you eventually put names to the faces. Sounds a bit 'American' but name tags with your screen name would help a lot of people, even if it does scream 'NERD'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Pretty sure we've done meets at Mondello once or twice, have done dyno days aswell.

If you want to organise something,go for it!No one is stopping you :p

Ok so thinking cap on !

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm the same Corkie. I remember Gary introducing me to you but I only remember because you were the opposite of what I was expecting. Meets like this though are by far the best way to get to know people on here and it leads to a much better environment online aswell, as you eventually put names to the faces. Sounds a bit 'American' but name tags with your screen name would help a lot of people, even if it does scream 'NERD'

Ya its sounds silly but it works.. I couldnt believe you were from where you said.... I was expecting a dub..

stickers on cars ftw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Ya its sounds silly but it works.. I couldnt believe you were from where you said.... I was expecting a dub..
    Of all my sins being a jackeen isn't one of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I couldnt believe you were from where you said....

I'm from there aswell... :D

I'm from there aswell... :D

Thought you had a bogger head allrite...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

stickers on cars ftw :D

F3kk off :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

bump :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vectra wrote: »
    F3kk off :D

Show plates:D

I'm a maybe for this now. Completely forgot have a club dinner dance thingy the night before at home in Cork. I'll see if I can get a lift up maybe...can see it going down like a lead balloon...

EPM wrote: »
    Show plates:D

I'm a maybe for this now. Completely forgot have a club dinner dance thingy the night before at home in Cork. I'll see if I can get a lift up maybe...can see it going down like a lead balloon...

This meet? Maybe a bit too soon after the last one. Once every 3 months might be a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This meet? Maybe a bit too soon after the last one. Once every 3 months might be a better idea.

I think EPM meant the dinner dance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

draffodx wrote: »
    I think EPM meant the dinner dance :)

I actually meant convincing herself to not drink and to drive up the following day:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

EPM wrote: »
    I actually meant convincing herself to not drink and to drive up the following day:pac:

Just take all the beer out of the Kitchen no probs then :D

Advertisement