Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopathy for Dogs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I would never recommend it as is completely un regulated.

Funny how people say it "cured" them or they're animal but refuse to see how it can't be possible. Show me evidence that proves 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom has a "memory".

All your doing is playing Russian roulette with your animal.

You also might be interested to know that any vet caught administering homeopathic remedies can be hauled over the coals by the veterinary council and struck off if they see fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Do you have any other hobby apart from annoying people on Boards? Go and patronize someone else.

ill just take that as a no then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

As an aside, I'd like to point out for those of a view that Homeopathy stands apart and above pharmaceutical companies ethically, in the end of the day, the French Homeopathy company Boiron turned over over €300m in 2004 and the worldwide turnover is in the billions. They're driven by profit just the same.

The difference is, they're not backed by any evidence whatsoever. They have the same lack of scruples as "big pharma" without any evidence to justify their existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Irishchick wrote: »
    You also might be interested to know that any vet caught administering homeopathic remedies can be hauled over the coals by the veterinary council and struck off if they see fit.

Any vet can be hauled over the coals by the veterinary council, and struck off the register if they do not adhere to the code of professional conduct.

Can you tell me where exactly in the CPC it mentions that you can be struck off if "caught" administering homeopathic remedies? Have any of the numerous homeopathic vets in this country ever faced disciplinary procedures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

boomerang wrote: »

Any vet can be hauled over the coals by the veterinary council, and struck off the register if they do not adhere to the code of professional conduct.

Can you tell me where exactly in the CPC it mentions that you can be struck off if "caught" administering homeopathic remedies? Have any of the numerous homeopathic vets in this country ever faced disciplinary procedures?
    We were specifically told by the Irish medicine board. Look it up yourself.

Vets will hide homeopathic remedies before an inspection from the council so they won't get caught.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If anyone has an issue with a post - use the report post function.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no-one wants opinions rammed down their throat either.

We were specifically told by the Irish medicine board. Look it up yourself.

Vets will hide homeopathic remedies before an inspection from the council so they won't get caught.

You can't point to any evidence at all then?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I follow these homeopathic threads with varying degrees of amusement/bemusement. If there's an upside to this one, at least its about an owner considering taking a dog to a bulls1t salesman and not a parent considering taking a child. That's all I really have to contribute to this one.....

The only reason to take a pet to a snake oil salesman is if the pet is a squeaky snake.

The vet in college told us that homeopathy is about as useful as teats on a bull. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Do you have any other hobby apart from annoying people on Boards? Go and patronize someone else.

RhodeislandRed--I suggest you read the rules.I see no problem with this thread as it is but you obviously only want to hear what you want to hear.

Now stop responding to people if they arent saying what you want to hear and get on with the discussion.

You have received invaluable advice from both sides of the argument from what I can see.Just because users arent saying what you want does not mean they are patronising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 RhodeIslandRed

Hellrazer wrote: »
    RhodeislandRed--I suggest you read the rules.I see no problem with this thread as it is but you obviously only want to hear what you want to hear.

Now stop responding to people if they arent saying what you want to hear and get on with the discussion.

You have received invaluable advice from both sides of the argument from what I can see.Just because users arent saying what you want does not mean they are patronising.

To consistently badger someone about whether they know about a topic is patronizing. You may not agree. I will not be posting again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

To consistently badger someone about whether they know about a topic is patronizing. You may not agree. I will not be posting again.

Having read through the whole thread I cant see anyone badgering you here at all.What I do see is you refusing to listen to anyone elses opposite opinion on the matter and getting frustrated at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

Does anyone have any experience of going the homeopathy route? My dog has atopic dematitis and after nine months of vet visits, six months of very expensive medicine that didn't really help at all, I'm looking into other options.

So you are looking for something to help your Dog. I'd suggest you change his diet.

Many dogs with atopic dermatitis are as a result of the food they eat, filled with low grade meats, meat meals, beatbulp, fillers and wheat or soya.

I'd suggest you try either making the food yourself or feeding a Raw diet, if you google either of these you will find lots of info on what to feed, there are even premade RAW diet packs you can buy and I'm sure you'll see results in no time.

Can i ask out of interest is your dog also over weight, alot of overwight dogs are so because they arent being fed suitable food for THEIR needs and this flares up the atopic dermatitis.

Give it a try and good luck

Advertisement