Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have any regrets?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

bullets wrote: »
    I lot of my regrets are about missed opportunities when it came
    to women growing up. Have very few other regrets.

Regrets eh Mmmmm.
    If I could re-live my early years knowing what I know now and somehow
    magically re-enter my body and experience what it would have been like
    to have made different decisions in my life it would be fun.

Senior Infants Primary school. Flirt with the twins from cork they will be hot.

4th 5th 6th class in primary make bloody move on the girl you fancy.
    Stop being so fussy about getting a shift and play spin the bottle on the
    school trip to the Aran Islands

When the bird you fancy asks you out stop being ****in shy and get what you can instead of messing things up and it never happening and she ends up hating ya.

When the hot Bird that you fancy at the GAA disco is trying to convince ya
    to shift her best friend....shift her best friend!!! Hot Bird has no interest in you! so take what you can get with her good looking but not as hot friend.

When the bird you fancy wants to kiss you out a window dont waste the opportunity!!

If your in a situation where there are sisters that both like you and and you can only pick one, the younger one fancy's you more and is game ball. The older one will prick tease you and you will never end up sniffing near her.

That time you loose your virginity make damn sure you dont tell anyone you've just got laid (ie the whole class)...she wont be impressed and rumours will follow you about for years. Also keep that condom in your wallet and beg borrow or steel one so you can have your fun and not have to pull out before you cum!

When you in college and going out with your first long term girlfriend
    dont leave your end of year exams early just to meet up with her she's going
    to two time ya with a bloke that looks like Mark Owen!!!
    This is what will happen...... You will fail and leave college be destined to spend 15 years as a technician without a promotion. If you stuck to doing your exams you might of actually went on to get a bloody degree.

When it comes to making a decision between the Hot Blonde thats older than you and only gives innuendos or the amazing bird that is randy....
    you've had your fun with randy move onto blondy. Randy has no interest in you long term, and you never know what might of happened with blondy.

If you goto a house party with an flaking looking lass and she's up for it.
    Dont make the mistake of leaving your condoms in your coat while you go upstairs with the lass. You may not be able to get back to them and it will ruin your chances of getting laid..so what might have turned out to be getting your hole ended up with just a jerk off and finger bang.

The bird that looked like Angelina Jolie with the big blow job lips and huge tits it going to dump you when you least expect it and end up riding her cousin. Drop the hand, get a blowjob and enjoy yourself for as long as it lasts. It wont last

Stop having such high moral values in Life.
    when the bird you fancy drags you off bush drinking and throws herself at you dont refuse her cos shes already going out with somebody! she will two time him over and over again and you might as well have had some fun.

When your in the bedroom of the girl around the corner who loves Nirvana
    and makes the effort to lure you into her room while here parents are away and your not too sure if there is a chance or not. **** it man go for it!!

dont end up spending 2 years of your life going out with a bird that you
    argue with every weekend and that you dont find physically attractive.

I wonder if in future you'll regret talking this amount of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Precious1

Saying something on impulse at a crucial time, not thinking how it "looks" "sounds" "feels" to the other, and actually causing the opposite effect of what I might have gotten. It's coming from that insecure inner child rather than the strong wise-self. Say little, but say it well. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 happyfounder

Yes
    I have many regrets
    such as:dont say some sweet words to my first love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yep. The time I tried to hang myself and family member heard the noise. The times I cut me wrists. The time I crashed me motorbike and survived. Lots more times. Basically I regret not being able to do it properly. Turns out im tougher than I thought.
    Ill get there eventually though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

thats it man, think positive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Nope, zero, none.

I've said a lot of sh1t I shouldn't have and I've made a lot of mistakes but I wouldn't take any of it back.

I tried my best, that's all anyone can do.

Wasting my time regretting sh1t - that's probably something I'd regret on my deathbed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Loads. Mostly being an asshole to my parents and loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Lanaier wrote: »
    Nope, zero, none.

I've said a lot of sh1t I shouldn't have and I've made a lot of mistakes but I wouldn't take any of it back.

I tried my best, that's all anyone can do.

Wasting my time regretting sh1t - that's probably something I'd regret on my deathbed. :)

Not wasting time regretting it, but more of a learning curve I suppose. In the wise words of Homer Simpson:

“You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day I kept saying, "I'll go a little later. I'll go a little later." And then when I got there, they told me he'd just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he would ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again! I'm going into space right now!”

Edit: 500th post with a Simpsons quote. Oh Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Precious1

Precious1 wrote: »
    Saying something on impulse at a crucial time, not thinking how it "looks" "sounds" "feels" to the other, and actually causing the opposite effect of what I might have gotten. It's coming from that insecure inner child rather than the strong wise-self. Say little, but say it well. Sigh.

But then what are friends for? Never say never in the university of life.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've a few, very few.

In 1989 I was going to join the Israeli Defence Forces - I regret not following that ambition.

But on the flip side of that I got married here and had two great children.

I bought a taxi licence thinking I'd retire from the army and make my fortune, sh*t job with sh*t earnings.. I haven't used it in two years, anyone wanna buy a taxi plate?.

Thats about it, the rest would have me shot or arrested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

ciano1 wrote: »

Sean from Kilkenny was brilliant on this.
    Biggest regret: Wasting time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

There are a few things I might change but life is all about learning from your mistakes. Anything I have done I wanted it at the time, can't undo it no point in regretting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LemonPledge

I have a few regrets!
    I wish I stayed in contact with my friends from secondary school! :(
    I wish that I had the courage to stay in that job instead of walking away!
    That I shouldn't have let two really good opportunities pass me by, If I had of done my CAO properly I wouldn't have to waste another year in a course that I have lost all interest in and I regret convincing myself that its just a stepping stone into another course :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Only the one.. Not working hard enough on the old leaving cert.. Not getting a college place when I did the leaving screwed me over big time, and it took me years to find my feet and figure out what I wanted to do and where I wanted my life to go.
    Although it did lead me into some experiences I wouldn't of had in college, so it has a plus side.
    Finally have my path set out now though, and am happier than ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Twis

No because i try to Learn from my regrets and its only a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah there are things I'd do differently if I could go back, but it's pointless agonising over them - learn and move on. A lot of the time, regrets are based on knowledge we have now that we wouldn't have had at the time anyway, so they're pretty illogical and tough on ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have done some things I should not have done and it got me into a whole lot of trouble but I don't regret them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ciano1 wrote: »

That video is actually inspiring!

I'm 22 now and since this weekend, I'm trying to learn the guitar. Something I regret not doing earlier.

Hearing the people saying they wished they had travelled more, immigrated etc has only made me more determined to go travelling after the Euros now instead of wasting my life away working at a medicore job.

This better not turn into a regret in 6 months time :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I've been lucky so far in that, broadly speaking, I haven't broken anything that I was unable to fix.

I still have some things to fix, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

I regret 3 or 4 things. All alcohol related btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I make a conscious effort not to... hard sometimes, especially when you are in bed trying to sleep (why does the brain not shut up then?!) But worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

yeah they're called exes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Only the things I didn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I regret not listening to my family and friends when they warned me about someone I was in love with. That person was toxic and held the power to redirect my life in a different direction. God knows where I'd be today if I had listened. But hindsight is a great thing and I really have stayed the same person as I was because regret coud have potentially changed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Regretfully, I find regrets a waste of time, and especially on a deathbed. There's not much you can do about anything then.:):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzy2wZSg5ZM&ob=av2n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I regret not making a move on the beautiful tan skinned girl that was clearly hitting on me in the A&E waiting room in Beaumont Hospital in 2000. Even to this day I'm kicking myself :rolleyes:

I regret selling my Kawasaki VN1600 cruiser, it was beautiful and noisy :(

I also regret not having the balls to end a relationship with a toxic manipulative c*nt of a girl I met through another site that messed me up no end. 10 months later and I'm just about back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giving up football in my late teens is probably my biggest one.

I played at a decent level and was getting quite a bit of attention but just got sick of training 5 nights a week and barely getting a break so packed it in.

I'm still fairly happy with things as they are these days but if I could change one thing I'd never have given it up, especially when I see how well a few of the people I have played with have gone on to do.

Advertisement