Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten Free Scones, help!! :)

Options
  • 01-02-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know how to make scones using the Tritamyl White Bread Mix? Or any nice goodies? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

The boyfs mothers is coeliac and only found out recently but she loves to bake -scones, buns, bread, etc.. She uses gluten free flour all the time and her stuff comes out perfect! Everytime I go there its like nom nom nom :)

I tried my hand at buns, use a regular all in one madeira recipe and just replace the flour with your gluten free stuff and use about 1tsp baking powder. They will still rise a bit without this and I think it makes the buns drier but its up to you. Trial and error works best :). Lots of icing is good too! Betty crocker vanilla cream icing mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

CurlieSue wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make scones using the Tritamyl White Bread Mix? Or any nice goodies? :D
    Gluten free brownies here you go - delish

http://oliveoilandlemon.ie/2012/01/29/dinner-on-a-wet-sunday-brownies-but-not-as-you-know-them/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

CurlieSue wrote: »

Scones - my achillies heel! Be intetested in a healthy scone recipe also! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Transform wrote: »

even though they do look nice, that's a lot of chocolate and sugar and would be a rather unhealthy alternative to a scone! OP, I would think any plain / fruit scone recipe could be used, swapping the normal flour for the one you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

I just picked up odlums wheat free scone mix in Tescos. I haven't made it yet but it looks worth a try.. There's a good scone recipe in the Rosemary Kearney/Darina Allen gluten free cook book as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

Thanks Corkcomp, i followed the Odlums recipe and used the GF flour instead of the regular flour, added a few sultanas and sesame seeds :) pretty yummy :)

Busymum1 i dont think those scones are gluten free? They might be wheat free but have a feeling they are not gluten free

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

I have bought that mix. It says wheat free, underneath that it says that it is gluten free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

The problem with a lot of gluten free products is that they are full of sugar and rubbish. While it may not satisfy a short term craving, maybe look for an alternative?

Advertisement