Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am living with Insulinoma has anyone heard of this its ruining my life

Options
  • 30-01-2012 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

That is pretty bad tbh. Although I recently had a medical student ask me if the initial symptoms of my diabetes were caused by an insulinoma. A tumour that secretes insulin causing the symptoms of diabetes? :rolleyes:
    Please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 j6972

I have Insulinoma and I wondered has anyone heard of it or does anyone know of a success story. I have this 7 months I have excessively high insulin levels and very low blood sugars. I am so tired all the time. It basically is a tumour in my pancreas that is very very hard to detect on scans and is a very rare condition. Would love to hear from anyone who knows about it. I have been given Insulinoma tablets to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

j6972 wrote: »
    I have Insulinoma and I wondered has anyone heard of it or does anyone know of a success story. I have this 7 months I have excessively high insulin levels and very low blood sugars. I am so tired all the time. It basically is a tumour in my pancreas that is very very hard to detect on scans and is a very rare condition. Would love to hear from anyone who knows about it. I have been given Insulinoma tablets to try.

Whenever I hear the word tumour I always assume that the only approach is to cut it out. Have you google other treatment options?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

j6972 wrote: »
    It basically is a tumour in my pancreas
    Google gave me this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001424/

Seems there is treatment for it (removal of the tumour and/or drugs), but what, if anything, were you advised to do when you got the scans done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sue1234

I have a similar situation. I get low blood sugars if I don't eat often. I had one documented high insulin during an OGTT of 185. How high was your insulin? Are you having surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi my husband had an insulinoma removed nearly 2 years ago in Dublin, there is a very good forum on facebook where people from all over the world talk about insulinoma that they have had removed or in the process of trying to locate. Hope this helps !

• Advertisement
Advertisement