Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Exercise Headphones

• 30-01-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone recommend the best earphones for running and weight training. I'm thinking of going wireless but not sure which models have the best sound quality in that department.

Any help would be great, sick of running to find earphones constantly falling out of ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I have the Dre beats, they slot into my ears nicely, and the sound is quality, they are a bit pricey though, I only have them as they were bought for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like in ear ones, the ones you have to stick in. They can take getting used to at first but well worth it, they don't fall out. My latest ones are Jays brand and have tangle free wires, which really do work. The wires are like ribbons
    a-jays-three-e3.jpg

They isolate the noise which can be handy if you are in a noisy gym with crap music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

For running I'm on to my third pair of philips earbuds with clips.

They're cheap so when sweat eventually kills them it wont matter much and the sound quality is pretty good.

And the clips mean they dont fall out. ever:

http://www.pixmania-pro.co.uk/gb/uk/00677510/art/philips/shs3200-ear-clip-earphones.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Easily the best I have used as all those in ear ones are rubbish for running or working out in for me

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PMX-680-High-Performance-Headphone/dp/B0034L3G8U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327959255&sr=8-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I have the Dre beats, they slot into my ears nicely, and the sound is quality, they are a bit pricey though, I only have them as they were bought for me :)
    Beats by Dre are rificulous over priced imo. They are no different to a $30 set.
    Transform wrote: »
    Easily the best I have used as all those in ear ones are rubbish for running or working out in for me

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PMX-680-High-Performance-Headphone/dp/B0034L3G8U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327959255&sr=8-6

+1 on Sennheiser. The whole sport range is good.
    Even the regular ear buds are good for most stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I like the look of the sennhaiser earphones, guessing I could just get an arm strap?

No one has experience with Bluetooth at gym?

Arm stap, iPod and you are good to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I have a shuffle with beats by dre and find it great. A shuffle is only 50 bobs and a hell of a lot lighter than an ipod on your arm

If you are going to be doing a lot of abrupt movements it is probably a better idea to get a mp3 player with static/flash memory, like the shuffle, rather than one with a moving hard disk. The static ones are usually a lot lighter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

rubadub wrote: »
    If you are going to be doing a lot of abrupt movements it is probably a better idea to get a mp3 player with static/flash memory, like the shuffle, rather than one with a moving hard disk. The static ones are usually a lot lighter too.

who the hell has a moving hard disk on a portable music player in 2012

• Advertisement

Spunge wrote: »
    who the hell has a moving hard disk on a portable music player in 2012
    I would guess quite a few, e.g. ipod classics.

2012 Hard Drive MP3 Player Product Comparisons Displaying 1 to 10 of 46

colman1212 wrote: »
    I have a shuffle with beats by dre and find it great. A shuffle is only 50 bobs and a hell of a lot lighter than an ipod on your arm
    sorry meant shuffle - its what i have also but must say the arm band is a pain in the arse when doing anything on the rings as gets yanked about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/10533895/art/sony/nwz-w263-mp3-player-4-gb.html

Best set of earphones for working out I have ever used with the added advantage of 4gb of music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Last Two generations iPod nano Clips on so no need for arm band
    Definitely an improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, the classic iPod, or any 100GB+ mp3 palyer will prob be hard drive based.
    But the sheer size makes them a bad workout choice.

The other three iPods, shuffle, nano, and touch plus the iPhone aren't HD based. Plus they are smaller and lighter so all rounf better gym choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Ipod Shuffle with in-ear Sennheiser buds. Does the job.

Mastodon FTW!

There are a few types of inear of course, how they push in the ear.

These are the most common
    aurvana-in-ear_1.jpg

The you get semi disposable ones which are like foam ear plugs, you squish them and pop them in and they stay put. But they are messy.
    Foam_in_Ear.JPG

Then you have double or triple flange. These are great, I could not get Shure brand ones for mine but I looked up and some other brand fitted them. It would take a good bit of movement for these to accidentally fall out.
    1450.jpg

Advertisement