Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get up!!!

Options
  • 29-01-2012 7:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Lately I just cant get up. I used to be an early riser, 05.00am to start work at 06.45. Even then, I'd often sleep in until the last possible minute, waking up with just enough time to drive to work without eating etc.

But now I'm on the dole, and I sleep till nearly 11am every day. I know thats not the worst case of over sleeping out there, but its p!ssing me off! I'm missing important appointments because of it. I go to bed at 9 most nights, but cant fall asleep until 01.00am or later. I bought different alarm clocks to surprise my body into waking, but I just wake up whenever with them all going off for hours. Its like my body wont wake up until its good and ready, and there's feckall I can do about it.

All advice would much appreciated. Newmug.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Louder alarm clock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Nah, I sleep right through them. I have one that wakes everybody else in the house (in separate rooms), but it wont wake me!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

I'm really bad for sleeping in as well, but over Christmas my body clock went full circle so that I was going to bed at 9pm and waking up at 6pm totally fresh! It's annoying, but try going to bed at 8pm and just waiting it out, you'll be sick of being in bed by the time you wake up and will want to get out of it. I guarantee if you do this for a few days you'll be up early again no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

gypsy_rose wrote: »
    I'm really bad for sleeping in as well, but over Christmas my body clock went full circle so that I was going to bed at 9pm and waking up at 6pm totally fresh! It's annoying, but try going to bed at 8pm and just waiting it out, you'll be sick of being in bed by the time you wake up and will want to get out of it. I guarantee if you do this for a few days you'll be up early again no problem :)

21 hours? thats pretty hardcore sleeping.

As for newmug, you must be a very deep sleeper, how did you wake up for work before?

Do you take sleeping pills, coffee or drink alcohol before sleeping?

Maybe you need a routine, try to wake up early and go for a jog or walk the dog or do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Oops, should edit that, I meant 6am, going to sleep at 9pm :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Oranage2 wrote: »
    As for newmug, you must be a very deep sleeper, how did you wake up for work before?

Do you take sleeping pills, coffee or drink alcohol before sleeping?

Maybe you need a routine, try to wake up early and go for a jog or walk the dog or do something.

I dont know. Its like my body just knows when it has to wake up. If it doesnt have to, it just wont. Fcukin annoying I can tell you!

Never took a sleeping pill in my life, barely drink, dont smoke, tea or coffee after my dins at 5 or 6 pm.

I tried the morning jog. If its raining, my body "knows" and wont wake up. I'm seriously considering asking the doctor for some sleeping tablets and taking them at 7pm, so I can get up at 7am.

Advertisement