Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months New 02 MNVO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

what phone is it that you've got

their APN is 48months.liffeytelecom.com

you should find internet settings in your phones main settings to change the access point name to 48's it should work fine after this .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

its an n8

ill try that anyway.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭garde2k10

here lads i just ordered a sim on 48months.com and i got an email that said my age was confirmed and my sim card is on the way im only 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

garde2k10 wrote: »
    here lads i just ordered a sim on 48months.com and i got an email that said my age was confirmed and my sim card is on the way im only 12 :D
    :confused:...someone lying on the interwebs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Is there no other way to top up or pay membership other than with cards ? No way to pay in shops ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Piliger wrote: »
    Is there no other way to top up or pay membership other than with cards ? No way to pay in shops ?

All info here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

nava wrote: »
    All info here

Thanks Nava ... I find it curious that they are so card orientated yet their offer is aimed at an age group that is unlikely to be high in card carrying.

Also it says "Within the gift shop you can top up another 48 members account. This will be useful if you need to add credit to a son or daughter’s "

How many 18-24 year olds will be topping up an 18-24 year old son or daughter ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Piliger wrote: »
    Thanks Nava ... I find it curious that they are so card orientated yet their offer is aimed at an age group that is unlikely to be high in card carrying.

Also it says "Within the gift shop you can top up another 48 members account. This will be useful if you need to add credit to a son or daughter’s "

How many 18-24 year olds will be topping up an 18-24 year old son or daughter ??
    something tells me they're willing to allow people to lie in their application forms, if it means more cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone have an issue when someone is calling you the phone rings once and automatically hangs up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

i am estatic.fast internet.coverage is not as good as vodafone.but for tenner a month im happy as a pig in ****.so for 18 a month i have all i need:D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

hmm i got my sim anyway. my monthly with meteor (36e/month) ends the 14th so im switching then. will let ye know how it goes anyway :)
    seems mixed reviews heere, but most people having trouble seem to have done stuff wrong in setting up etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wytchy01

prety wrote: »
    I would not recommend this network. Got mine few days ago and topup 10euro. I can not make any phone call to any network except freecall to 1800xxxxxx. Be careful, guys.

did you convert your top up to membership?:confused: im on 48 and can make calls and send texts without problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

My phone has been working fine. I just attempted to call a landline. I got cut off and it said I did not have credit.

I went my my48 and it says my 20 minutes to landlines has 0 minutes left, but YOU CANNOT ADD MORE MINUTES (edit you can: see below)

I cannot call any landlines at all until my 4 weeks membership rolls over (another 7 days).

From the FAQ:
    Has your 20 minutes landline allowance run out? Go to your My 48 account where you can see how many minutes you have left. And if they're all gone, then you'll have to wait 'til next month to get another 20.

There seems to be a way to add landlines by text (assuming you have already added credit)

http://help.48months.ie/entries/21293086-get-your-bundles-by-text

Landline add-on
    Send “Losers” to 1745
    €3.50

Seems to only have been added in mid April. I have not found a way to do it through the website yet.

Landline - €3.50

•10 minutes of calls to Irish landlines (geographic numbers) including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix
    •Perfect for topping up the 20 minutes of landline calls in your membership

So that's 35 cent a minute.

Further to my last post, your extra minutes to landline dissapear when your monthly membership rolls over. So I paid 3.50 for credit, did not use it to call landlines, and now that money is gone.

So I would warn people, if you run out of landline credit, the minimum credit you can add is 3.50 and this will automatically be deleted at whatever date your membership rolls over. So in my case I had 6 days left on my month. I made 0 calls to landlines. Thus it cost me €3.50 for zero minutes to landlines. So I would not recommend adding landline "minutes" if your membership is about to roll over.

In other news they seem to have an APP now that you can use to add credit and see you balance etc. I have not used it.

They also seem to be having an issue where some phones display "Tesco Mobile" instead of showing 48 Months. This makes no difference to your calls etc, it's just a cosmetic error. They hope to update and fix the problem over the air automatically in the future. It makes no difference, but it looks funny, and unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

How do I port to 48? Do I just order a sim on the site?

Having one of those days where I can't seem to find the details anywhere.

coillcam wrote: »
    How do I port to 48? Do I just order a sim on the site?
    Yes just order a SIM.

But read all this thread before you decide to change.

Remember, if, you decide to change make sure:

1) Your phone is network unlocked. Comfirm 100% first by trying another networks SIM. If it's not unlocked then get it unlocked first

2) Backup all your contacts. Ideally transfer them from the SIM onto the phone or at least write down all favourite contacts in case they go walkies when you change SIM.

3) If on top up use up every penny credit before asking to change

4) If on bill pay give the required notice. E.g. 30 days in writing. You may also be stuck on a 12/18 month contract you cannot cancel.

5) Only switch over on a weekday during office hours, as someone needs to manually switch you over. Make sure you have another landline or mobile close in case it does not work and you are unable to call anyone. They do not have a call centre so you can't ring anyone if you have problems, so internet access is required to ask for help.

Read all the catches on this thread first. You know if it sounds too good to be true .....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Data speed is quite poor to be honest i never seen it top 1.5Mb/s and thats it in the middle of the night.

Day time speeds were between 0.50 - 0.90Mb/s compare that to 2-5Mb/s with Three or another network 48 have the same data speed limits as tesco mobile have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

For 48 do you not have to be aged 18 and no older?

Please explain it thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

For 48 do you not have to be aged 18 and no older?

Please explain it thanks...

You do but they dont check to see that you are

Thank for posting that...your signal looks very weak though...

What is the advantage of it though? I am with Tesco and find it AMAZING...

Top up by 10 Euro gives me 10 free internet is 6.99 leaving me with 13 euro for the month free calls to Tesco and other calls are 20c per minute - Landlines in UK and all European countries are 1c per min.

Anytime you top up you get the exact same for life I personally think its amazing explain the advantages of 48?

As far as I can see it you just need to keep topping up where as with Tesco you can do it when ever you feel like it :)

I had to leave Vodafone the offers are just rubbish 25 euro = 150mb of data is a joke lol and the call prices are to expensive etc I wont rant.

Yeah I see the advantages of 48

Tesco for me is perfect as top up by 10 or 20 or 30 and they give you double it,

I mainly am in WI FI so 10 euro gives me the free calls and picture messages and texts where as with you you can call anyone and Text so it aint to bad really what you are getting.

I dont want to Top up by 20 that is why the Tesco suits me as it was just too much with Vodafone,

How does 48 work? Is it direct debit you pay is it a contract or do you just buy credit in normal shops or what do you do sorry if that sounds stupid.

Im staying with Tesco but its nice to find out details - I know Three are offering what I have been told as a brilliant deal UNLIMITED DATA but again I dont need it and again it is a 20Euro top up...

With 48 btw if you dont top up by 10 say but do the next month is the offer back again how does that work etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

its not "unlimited" its 15Gb..but yeah for a mobile phone its nice :D
    if you want a broadband stick even they cost 10 euro a month for that on bill so the data allowance is awesome, and you can tether most phones nowadays on most networks (ahem, vodafone, dont bother)

im gonna get a sim and try them out anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cowmania

At the end of the 48 months what happens? Do you lose your number or can you keep it and move back to your old network??

At signup they ask for your date of birth. We all assume you will be asked to leave before your 22nd birthday. At this point I assume you can bring your number with you.

This deal seems too good to be true, so they seem to offer a great deal to get users of a certain age. I don't think anyone has reached the age limit yet. If you wanr sign up and give a near limit age and see what happens.

It would not surprise me if nothing happens. They seem to be struggling to get the basics working. My SIM used to display "48 months" but for the last 6 weeks says "tesco mobile". If they can't get the name of their network to display properly I can't see them implementing other features any time soon.

It seems to be a work in progress. They might not even know the answer to this question themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

With 48 do you lose your number if you decide to port back to a different network? I'm tempted to try it out for a month and see how I find it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement