Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

not as good as 3's deal as it doesnt include net.

20e top up, free calls (call any network at weekend) + texts + free net + free 10e credit.

Yep. I've had that since switching from 02 in June. Brilliant tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Anyone still not received their sim? I requested one on the 27th and still nothing.

I got 2 in the post on Friday! :D

Handy for getting deals from other operators on their prepay phones

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magicgumdrop

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Anyone still not received their sim? I requested one on the 27th and still nothing.

Requested one on the 2nd, still nothing. My mate and my sister both have theirs (requested after mine) already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

i got mine last night. ive not had a chance to read most of the the thread though but is there a problem activating the sims? like is a passport required as proof of age? (im 30 btw ;p )

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

i got mine last night. ive not had a chance to read most of the the thread though but is there a problem activating the sims? like is a passport required as proof of age? (im 30 btw ;p )

No need for ID, I know a few people who have signed up, who were older and they just put in a date that was within the age bracket and had no problem... One person on here was asked and they said it was just random... See even old codgers can sign up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

They were in my college today and i picked up a sim. They were not bothered about my age but will I be asked for proof at a further stage??

Any problems so far with the services besides initial troubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I see they are sponsoring Home and Away on Network 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I see they are sponsoring Home and Away on Network 2.

Who's the bright star in the marketing department

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So it's not as good as 3's deal from your point of view given your usage

From someone else's point of view:

3 deal - 100 mid week minutes and loads of weekend minutes - total cost €20 - useless!!

48 deal - 3000 minutes for the month at any time mid-week or weekend - €10. Pretty damn good!

If you even take a tenner off the 3 deal to allow for internet there is no question of what deal is better minutes wise.
    What are you talking about 100 minutes? I get 6000(3000+3000) minutes and only over that I get a warning, no extra cost. Try talking for 6000 minutes anyway.

also you get 10e free every single top up which I use to buy 2 extra months of net. (it's something like 4 or 5 euro a month). I can then webtext off my phone on cabbage for free and have 20e for use on calls, essentially meaning you only need to top up every two or three months on heavy usage. Also get 15 GB data.

I don't see how this 48 deal is in any way better?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

What are you talking about 100 minutes? I get 6000(3000+3000) minutes and only over that I get a warning, no extra cost. Try talking for 6000 minutes anyway.

also you get 10e free every single top up which I use to buy 2 extra months of net. (it's something like 4 or 5 euro a month). I can then webtext off my phone on cabbage for free and have 20e for use on calls, essentially meaning you only need to top up every two or three months on heavy usage. Also get 15 GB data.

I don't see how this 48 deal is in any way better?

What plan is that on?

I was with 3 for a month. Topped up by €20, got €10 free, and it was gone within a week...all on calls!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think it's their only plan?
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

€20 top-ups or higher Weekday Weekend

Unlimited Internet Browsing Free Free
    Unlimited Three to Three calls* Free Free
    Unlimited Texts to any network* Free Free
    Calls to any network1 29.48c Free

Other network calls are not free on weekdays, I just made everybody join three :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What are you talking about 100 minutes? I get 6000(3000+3000) minutes

Sorry, maybe I've got it wrong. My understanding was that your free minutes were at the weekend. I referred to calls mid-week. I included your eur10 free credit to get a total of eur30. At 30 cent a minute for mid-week calls to other networks that would give me only 100 minutes. I ring other networks mid-week so the 48 deal is better - for me. Sorry if I've got it wrong.

Yeah you are correct to not use three if you call a lot of people midweek that are not on three. I just don't know any people that aren't on three any more after their new deal, as it was 10 times better than anything else for the last while.

If you make a lot of business calls, or friends are not on three, it would not be the best for you. I got really confused by the 100 minutes, sorry. :p At the start three was not ideal until everybody I knew switched to them, as you say, 100 minutes and it's all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I think it's their only plan?
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

€20 top-ups or higher Weekday Weekend

Unlimited Internet Browsing Free Free
    Unlimited Three to Three calls* Free Free
    Unlimited Texts to any network* Free Free
    Calls to any network1 29.48c Free

Other network calls are not free on weekdays, I just made everybody join three :p

Edit: Bit slow, and it's already been clarified above!

So your 6000 minutes are made up of 3000 three-to-three calls and 3000 weekend other network calls?
    Probably why my €30 only lasted a few days!

Yep that's correct. I made sure my family/gf etc were all on three :p So t this point all my calls are free for a month, net/texts etc too. then for the next 2 months after I buyt net topups for 10e(which gives you more free texts via webtext), and have 20e to use on calls. Which might not last some people! Luckily people call me more than the other way around heh.

Can anyone comment on 48months service??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

Hi Irishchick
    I'm still awaiting a port over from O2 placed over 24hrs a go, swift response back from the help desk this morning:

"Thanks for the email. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some issues at this early stage. I’ve been checking your 48 account and it looks like your account has been affected by a porting issue we have been experiencing. This is the cause of the problem, but we have been resolving a few of these issues this morning and are aiming to resolve yours today.

I understand it’s very frustrating, but rest assured, we have placed your issue as “top priority” and once it has been resolved we will email you straight away."

But still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

No need for ID, I know a few people who have signed up, who were older and they just put in a date that was within the age bracket and had no problem... One person on here was asked and they said it was just random... See even old codgers can sign up..

Just to note, that there is some spot checks on ages by them. They send a letter with your sim card asking for a photocopy of your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

When registering it gives the option to put in a friends number if you've been referred by them. Anyone know if they get anything out of this? Like free credit for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was just setting the APN for my HTC Desire and I noticed there are two APNs that need to be setup.

Which one do I mark as active? It's kinda odd to have two right?

http://help.48months.ie/entries/20876496-settings-for-htc-desire

• Advertisement

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Just to note, that there is some spot checks on ages by them. They send a letter with your sim card asking for a photocopy of your passport.

That sounds a bit dodgy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

Well this is the latest update for my port from O2 requested on Tuesday:

"I apologise that this is taking longer than expected to resolve. Since your email this morning I have been in regular contact with our escalations team in order to get this sorted ASAP.
    I'm afraid it now appears that this issue may not be resolved for a few days, however I can assure you that we are working towards getting this resolved as quickly as we can.
    As soon as this porting issue has been cleared up, we will email your straight away to notify you of this"

:(:(:(

I think ill wait a while until they iron out the creases. If they ever do with no phone in customer service !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Irishchick wrote: »
    I think ill wait a while until they iron out the creases. If they ever do with no phone in customer service !

While it looked good in the beginning, with the dodgy replies to emails and just the general feeling of the whole thing we ended up going with the Meteor 200 mins 200 texts and 1gb data. Like you said see how it goes in the future and can always join it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Lynchy747 wrote: »

I didn't get asked for a copy of my passport, I have registered my sim with no age verification check at all. I want to port my old o2 number to them, but I'm paranoid if I do that they'll see my real age that's on o2's computer system? What to do? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

doxy wrote: »
    I didn't get asked for a copy of my passport, I have registered my sim with no age verification check at all. I want to port my old o2 number to them, but I'm paranoid if I do that they'll see my real age that's on o2's computer system? What to do? :pac:

Your DOB data will not be shared data. Telefonica cant do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fungus wrote: »
    Your DOB data will not be shared data. Telefonica cant do that.

But there only sharing it amongst themselves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Received my SIM Monday and activated, but need to pay subscription and port my number. As some others my network shows as Tesco Mobile :confused: even in a couple of phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

But there only sharing it amongst themselves.

Yea, that's what's making me a bit paranoid about porting. Has anyone over 22 ported o2 to 48months?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Finally got my sim today, think i'll wait til march to see what the story is with data before porting over.

Advertisement