Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay off Credit Card?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a credit card which i owe 3600 on it and they are looking for full payment since i cancelled it 6months ago. I have recently come across 2400 which was left to me.

My question is would the credit card company accept this payment and call it quits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barney2012

I think the short answer is No. I paid off a bigger credit card bill last year and when I suggested rounding it off and not paying the twenty odd euro I was told that I could do that but, it would be written down against my name as a bad death and could come against me if I required credit in the future. Banks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

thanks for the reply barney, advice followed...

Regards

Spades

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

barney2012 wrote: »
    I think the short answer is No. I paid off a bigger credit card bill last year and when I suggested rounding it off and not paying the twenty odd euro I was told that I could do that but, it would be written down against my name as a bad death and could come against me if I required credit in the future. Banks!!

:confused: "Banks!!"?

So you're annoyed because they wanted you to pay back the full amount of THEIR money that you used? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

thanks for the reply barney, advice followed...

Regards

Spades

Wait , what advice ?

Anyway, please tell us that you at least tried to ask the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What you should do if its not too late is get a credit card that gives you 0% interest for 9mts on balance transfers, transfer over the 3600 and work on paying it off over the next 9mts. Forget your inheritance, put in a savings account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement