Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Routine check + advice

• 26-01-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently changed my workout routine and I just want to run it through this forum for any improvements or mistakes that more knowledgable people may see.

I was for the last 6 or so months working out to roughly the same routine. It involved 3 days of work out a week, 7 excercises on those days, push / pull / legs.

I've gotten bored of it and wasnt finding it intense enough, so I've stolen a few workouts I've seen on the net and took the bits I liked to make this:

This routine would be 4 or 6 days a week depending on my work schedule.
    There are 2 different routines that I rotate throughout the week as opposed to 3.
    Each day has 10 exercies which are done 3 x 10

Day 1 (back shoulders arms)
    Bench Dips
    Military press
    Incline D-bell curls
    Pull ups
    Dbell press
    Standing dbell curls
    Standing bent over 3 arm tricep extension
    Barbell pullover
    Bent over row
    hammer curl.

Day 2 ( chest legs abs )
    Push up
    Barbell squat
    Bench press
    Barbell lunge
    incline dbell press
    hanging leg raises
    oblique crunches
    plank
    Deadlift
    Dbell flys

As well as my evening weight lifting, I run for 40 mins in the morning before breakfast.

My intentions for this routine are that after each excercise it will be a different primary muscle group used to perform the exercise so very little pause between exercises, which will keep it intense.

I should add my aim is defined abs as well as getting bigger in the arms shoulders and chest. I know it wont be easy to do both at once but I hope my diet will allow it.

While I'm making this post I might as well get feedback on my diet :).

Porridge for breakfast
    1 or 2 eggs + chicken breast + 1 or 2 slice wholemeal bread for lunch
    fruit + yogurt for snack
    Protien shake after workout
    small portion of potato w/ meat and veg for dinner
    fruit for a later snack if i want it.

Any help that given would really be appreciated. Don't worry about being too critical! I'm thick skinned. . . too thick skinned that i cant see my abs dammit :P

Advertisement