Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chrysler 9.9 outboard

Options
  • 25-01-2012 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

anyone any idea what these are like i did a straight swap for one but as there american cant find anything about them think its old enough aswell

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi davlacey can you find any numbers on it to work out the year, chrysler/force were taken over by bayliner and then bayliner were taken over by brunswick who own mercury so depending on the year it could be a mix of a few different engines. You might find it hard to get parts for it here but should have no probs getting them on line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

got this going in the end the model number is 917. impeller is pumping water fine. only thing is its hard to start from cold 5 or 6 pulls when its warmed up its grand. i even had to spray petrol into the carb to get it going after 5 or 6 pulls any ideas?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

917 would make it a 1969, you might have bad coils,points or plugs get a plug tester and see if you have the same bright spark on each cylinder it might also be worth doing a compression test.
    Another thing to try is pump the primer bulb then pull out the choke and pull the rope just to turn over the engine a few times not hard enough to start it then push the choke back in and try to start. If all that fails you will have to look at the carb.

cheers fergal just tried it there and it started first pull. i gave it a few easy pulls first to turn the engine over and a hard one then and it started. ill try that again tomorow after being out all night

Did you just put it up for sale :D

• Advertisement

must of been the woman:eek: yea hoping to get something easy to get parts for i would rather wait 3 days then 3 weeks for something to come from america with big shipping costs.hopefully something that will charge a 12v battery im going to be running bilge pumps,lights,radio ect

Advertisement