Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Castle Leslie Prize

• 23-01-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ doohey

On 24th October I received an email from Castle Leslie estate informing me of a prize that I had won in their hotel saying:
    "Congratulations on winning our 2 night break at Castle Leslie Estate via the www.ireland.com website.Your fantastic prizes includes 2 nights bed and full Irish breakfast for 2 people in a Castle Heritage Bedroom with dinner on one evening plus a bottle of bubbly!

I left a voicemail for you on Friday. Please do let me know what dates you would like to stay and I can book everything for you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Castle Leslie Estate,
    Warmest Regards,
    Eimear"

I replied saying that I didn't have dates in mind & wondered how long the prize was valid for & was told that it was for 6 months. Last week I email trying to book the 24th & 25th February to use my prize & got an email back today informing me that the prize is only valid midweek. After quering this & some emailing back & forth in relation to this matter I received the following:
    "I am the Marketing Manager for Castle Leslie Estate. Apologies but I thought this was communicated to you via Irish Times Digital Group. I should have reiterated it to you in my first email. Please see email below from Hannah Bates.
    Kind Regards,
    Eimear.

<SNIP>
    Sent: Thu 20/10/2011 11:19
    To: Eimear Winters
    Subject: Re: Castle Leslie Comp

Hi Emer

The prize:

Overnight stay (midweek) for 2 people in one of the Heritage Bedrooms. Full Irish Breakfast and dinner plus a bottle of bubbly is included.

Hannah"

Three points here:
    1. The first "prize" is a two night stay & the other is a one night stay
    2. In the first there is no mention of it being valid midweek only & the second does
    3. I only ever got the email about the two night prize
    When I returned an email with these points I received the following reply:
    "As I mentioned in my last email, it is a midweek prize. When we conduct competitions, our prizes are midweek. I forwarded you the email from Hannah Bates to illustrate that it was a midweek prize.
    Please do let me know what dates you would like to avail of between Sunday and Thursday.

Kind Regards,
    Eimear."

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do about this as it is obviously much preferable to go at a weekend & this is the prize I was lead to believe I had won if this was my choice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭ P. Breathnach

It's not entirely clear where the misunderstanding arose. That would need to be teased out.

I presume that you won some kind of competition. Have you any way of finding the terms and conditions of your competition entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ewinters

It's not entirely clear where the misunderstanding arose. That would need to be teased out.

I presume that you won some kind of competition. Have you any way of finding the terms and conditions of your competition entry?

In order to clarify the above query, I did send a screen shot of the competition which was entered and I attach once more for your reference. Eimear Winters, Castle Leslie Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭ P. Breathnach

That seems pretty conclusive: the headline reads "Win an overnight midweek break at Castle Leslie".

If OP doesn't want it, can I have it, please?

Advertisement