Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Feature length documentary about the drifting lifestyle

Not in to drifting but really enjoyed that! The Japs workmanship is 2nd to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dying to watch that drift movie, tomorrow night when my girlfriend goes home. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

In IT circles it is called a Layer 8 problem. :p

Yep, somewhere between the keyboard and the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Advertisement

Mmmm, Nissans!

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

^^car didn't indicate and straddled the middle line with no regard for other road users.

/waits for the bikers had knives and blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

kaimera wrote: »
    ^^car didn't indicate and straddled the middle line with no regard for other road users.

/waits for the bikers had knives and blah blah blah

You could see they were going to do that about a quarter-mile away. If you're going to joust Mad Max-style every time some toolbar in a car does something stupid you won't have much fun and will probably be badly hurt sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jimgoose wrote: »
    You could see they were going to do that about a quarter-mile away. If you're going to joust Mad Max-style every time some toolbar in a car does something stupid you won't have much fun and will probably be badly hurt sooner rather than later.
    Oh I agree, car > bike all the time in a 'joust'.

Annoys me seeing a) bikers act like dicks and b) seeing a car driver act with such disregard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

In IT circles it is called a Layer 8 problem. :p

I believe the error code is id-10t

184201_south_park_i_just_came_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

The new GT-R Nismo set a new record on the Nurburgring, 7:08, impressive, thats faster than a gumpert apollo.. now is the 4th faster lap time behind the radical LM, radical and Porsche 918...

Anything with turbos and flaming pipes, I'm in!

Bohrio wrote: »
    The new GT-R Nismo set a new record on the Nurburgring, 7:08, impressive, thats faster than a gumpert apollo.. now is the 4th faster lap time behind the radical LM, radical and Porsche 918...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87630248&postcount=2423

:p

The car that did the lap had an optional performance pack so it's kind of trickery really as it wasn't exactly a stock nismo, but w/e :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87630248&postcount=2423

:p

The car that did the lap had an optional performance pack so it's kind of trickery really as it wasn't exactly a stock nismo, but w/e :)

Are the rest of the hot laps done without optimal extras?

The whole trip was done in a tweaked car with the performance pack which you can buy for 9000e or something like that bigger wing tweaked suspension etc

• Advertisement

Can't find youtube link, this will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

thats about the best explained video of the ring ive seen, after years of lapping it on the Ps2 GT4 its unimaginable how rough, twisty and hilly it is in real life.

I was there in july while touring europe on my Bike. Out of self preservation I completly chickened out of lapping it on the bike but luckily i got a couple of passanger laps in with a former bike lap record holder who runs a bikers guesthouse and is more then happy to take guest out in his Mx5 track car. Gifted driver

Anyways here some footage of a 9min 10 lap in a 98 N/A 130 bhp Mx5 , Skip to 5min for some big game hunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEeUqUTdwk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2tiw63fVSqYXhq5Flm1WBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEeUqUTdwk&feature=share&list=UU2tiw63fVSqYXhq5Flm1WBg&index=1

The whole trip was done in a tweaked car with the performance pack which you can buy for 9000e or something like that bigger wing tweaked suspension etc

The Nissan GT-R Nismo is an upgraded version of the previous GT-r. But is actually more than that. The Nismo version is based on bits of the GT3 racing version of the same car. It is not a track pack upgrade that can be bought and added on regular GT-Rs, this track pack you mention will be available early next year for the new GT-R models premium, black and Track Edition which are all different to the Nismo GT-R.

I dont know how much this car will cost but based on what nismo has charged on some of their previous modified GT-R (Skyline) it could be a lot, there are mentions of costing around 200.000 dollars.

I remember cars like the R34 GTR Nurburgring Edition or the much more expensive Z-Tune Nismo version of the same car. This car had 500 bhp and cost more than 120.000 euro, compared to the 55.000 of normal V-Spec II.

And they are much more expensive now too! So pre order now ;)

The Nissan GT-R Nismo is an upgraded version of the previous GT-r. But is actually more than that. The Nismo version is based on bits of the GT3 racing version of the same car. It is not a track pack upgrade that can be bought and added on regular GT-Rs, this track pack you mention will be available early next year for the new GT-R models premium, black and Track Edition which are all different to the Nismo GT-R.

I dont know how much this car will cost but based on what nismo has charged on some of their previous modified GT-R (Skyline) it could be a lot, there are mentions of costing around 200.000 dollars.

I remember cars like the R34 GTR Nurburgring Edition or the much more expensive Z-Tune Nismo version of the same car. This car had 500 bhp and cost more than 120.000 euro, compared to the 55.000 of normal V-Spec II.

And they are much more expensive now too! So pre order now ;)

Nope it's an optional extra on the Nismo GT-R edition.

The car that did the lap time was not a normal spec Nismo.

Nope it's an optional extra on the Nismo GT-R edition.

The car that did the lap time was not a normal spec Nismo.

Sorry I thought you said this was a normal GTr with the Track upgrade. my bad!

Sorry I thought you said this was a normal GTr with the Track upgrade. my bad!

No problem maybe i wasn't clear enough in my explanation :)

There is a package you will be able to buy similar to the car that did the hot lap with a slightly bigger version of the nismo wing, slightly different ratios in the gearing slightly more torque and adapted suspension.

Nissans way of kind of cheating the ruls to get the best possible track time out of what is a road car albiet a optional extras loaded limited edition road car :p

It's not really though, they're all factory parts, all available to the customer.
    If they're going for a lap time, why would they spec the car down?

I dot for a second believe that VAG don't spec all their cars with carbon ceramic brakes, etc.

• Advertisement

What the hell, that's fast.

Advertisement