Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The YooToob thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Total lack of common sense there, why idnt he either just ditch it and be 100% guaranteed not to hit any other road users or just ram it into the centre divider.

He screams at cars ahead like it's their fault for being in the way, just ditch it ffs.

The way he stopped cause the least damage possible probably.

To ditch a truck?
    How do you know what was he carrying?

Need to transport a house - no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

CiniO wrote: »
    The way he stopped cause the least damage possible probably.

To ditch a truck?
    How do you know what was he carrying?

There is clear opportunity to put the truck in the grass to the right all along.

Much better than using the smaller vehicles infront of you as a means of slowing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

There is clear opportunity to put the truck in the grass to the right all along.

Much better than using the smaller vehicles infront of you as a means of slowing down.

The only reason I can think of him not ditching it at the start was that he thought he could get the brakes back, the truck shudders a few times as if the brakes were cutting in then failing again, probably by the time he fully realised all hope was lost he was travelling too fast to ditch, and maybe he had cargo too dangerous to ditch, also, he was remarkably close to the escape road, maybe he thought he could've made it that far either.

Also, the grass verge had a drop would have more than likely caused the truck to tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Good way to use your car to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Need to skip past the opening commentary but stadium trucks on a road circuit with jumps. Makes for interesting racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Big weekend for crashes, that Porsche one is mad.

Franchitti had a big one yesterday too:

Loeb also crashed out of his last Wrc Rally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Very interesting take on the autonomous car. Nice and slick design keeping the look of an original car. It fits perfectly with the S-class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Street racers...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hoping this ain't a repost. RC racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Dord wrote: »

Very interesting take on the autonomous car. Nice and slick design keeping the look of an original car. It fits perfectly with the S-class.

would never work in ireland, our chaos factor is off the charts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Notch000 wrote: »
    would never work in ireland, our chaos factor is off the charts

Just install extra loud horn and wire it into a pop-up finger, but you do have to use a dodgems car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

Is this ever done anymore?
    I know there's autotesting but tandem autotesting racing against each other rather than against the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I lol'd at 1:41 :pac:.

Magown3 wrote: »
    Is this ever done anymore?
    I know there's autotesting but tandem autotesting racing against each other rather than against the clock.

Not so much really, its done in displays mostly. There is a big event in Belfast next year though: http://www.paddyhopkirkgala.com/paddy-hopkirk-gala/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Ive done Auto solos in the UK. They are against the clock instead of tandem but they are a great form of motorsport. The car has to be a road going car as you have to get to the venue in your car. It means you cant spend a fortune and except for a couple of tires and a tank of fuel your set.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Is there any way to get into autotesting without having a farmyard to practice in? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Possibly the worlds most dangerous driver (and a complete wanker)

I just watched that expecting the worst. The road full of cyclists and slower moving cars and he couldn't stand to be in a que of traffic in his rs3/tdi what a ****tard.

Why did that porsche try to force right of way on audi driver at the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

CiniO wrote: »
    Why did that porsche try to force right of way on audi driver at the beginning?

The junction layout seems a little odd, would need a better look at it really to figure what happened.

The junction layout seems a little odd, would need a better look at it really to figure what happened.

Looks perfectly clear to me. Audi driver had a right of way.

Obviously it doesn't change a fact that he was mad to drive like this around so many cyclists.

rovoagho wrote: »
    Is there any way to get into autotesting without having a farmyard to practice in? :-)

Ive been competing for 5 years, we got an ok car to start off with and upgraded as i got better to the point where the car is capable of winning events in the national championship. I havent won yet, my best result is second but i never had anywhere to practice, i only ever drove my car on events, entrys are only 50 quid for an event and there are autotests on almost every weekend, i did 30 events one year so why practice when you can compete!

An entry to an average national rally would be about 500 euro, plus at least 300 on tyres per event, over 150 quid of fuel plus fuel for recce, costs of hotel, service crews etc.

Overall a recce and rally costs in the region of €1200 to compete in.

for that you could do a 10 of 12 rounds in the irish national autotest championship minus the transport costs 2 and from events. €400 on entries €150 on fuel €400 on tyres, €150 for 2 hotel stays.

Great thing about autotesting is that if you break down there is always a shed-load of fellow competitors willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That road looks absolutely amazing, maybe without the cyclists it would be better but wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jLY0X2n.gif

Advertisement