Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childhood cartoons that scared you/creeped you out

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

worzel gummidge scared the ****e out of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the music for 'Children Of The Stones' had me hiding under a cushion for years.
    Anyone remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

xzanti wrote: »
    It wasn't a cartoon.. but Supergran frightened the sh1te out of me :eek:

grane.jpg

I think it was the walking stick :(

I think it was the line "She'll do things that you never saw yer granny do"

Did you get Chocky in Ireland?

It was an english show that we got in Australia. Same writer as the Triffids.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I didn't actually see this when I was a kid, I saw it on when I was an adult but it still freaked me out a little so I'd imagine if I did see it when I was a kid, I would have shat myself...

• Advertisement

It is not a cartoon and my description is going to be massively vague but I remember a show from - I think The Childrens channel - where two pre teens were going around with a magic rock each. There was also a mentor, a man who would show up occasionally to help them use the rocks.

The rocks - which I think were egg shaped - when concentrated on enough would glow and become the only weapons that would be effective against the shows "monsters". I think only part of it glowed, though cant remember if it was one half or something deep in the rock.

The monsters in this show were pretty much piles of tentacle slime which by size and shape were obviously men or women under blankets and hunched up.

The monsters when moving would leave a trail of slime and make a weird kinds of "shooom" noise that almost sounded like a cheap effects laser gun.

Vague I know but that is all I can remember but I remember that it used to freak the hell out of me. If I remember right the two kids kept splitting up and cornered and their magic rocks would only work when they were together.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anewme wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone remembers the weird "Kinder Egg"

Freaky scary thing!

that terrifying fcuking ad

Ridley Scott's movie Legend used to freak the bejesus out of me, and it was alway on sky movies back in the 80's, especially the goblins and Meg Mucklebones

and Tim curry as Darkness, one of the greatest makeup creations ever, skip to 4min30, even the way he appears out of the mirror is creepy as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

It is not a cartoon and my description is going to be massively vague but I remember a show from - I think The Childrens channel - where two pre teens were going around with a magic rock each. There was also a mentor, a man who would show up occasionally to help them use the rocks.

The rocks - which I think were egg shaped - when concentrated on enough would glow and become the only weapons that would be effective against the shows "monsters". I think only part of it glowed, though cant remember if it was one half or something deep in the rock.

The monsters in this show were pretty much piles of tentacle slime which by size and shape were obviously men or women under blankets and hunched up.

The monsters when moving would leave a trail of slime and make a weird kinds of "shooom" noise that almost sounded like a cheap effects laser gun.

Vague I know but that is all I can remember but I remember that it used to freak the hell out of me. If I remember right the two kids kept splitting up and cornered and their magic rocks would only work when they were together.

I think thats "Under the Mountain" which freaked me out as well.
    The monsters were really scary to my little mind

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/plotsummary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus I had repressed that memory theg81der.

*rocks back and forth*

"Great Scott, Great Scott, Great Scott, he was Doc, Doc was a good guy... right?"

My god Marty ....

aaaaaaargh

*rocks back and forth*

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    I think thats "Under the Mountain" which freaked me out as well.
    The monsters were really scary to my little mind

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/plotsummary

Thats it. Whats more there appears to be a 2009 film remake of it. That I have to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭buswankers

This isnt a cartoon, but I remember watching this film years back & I'm tellin ya, to this day it still scares the crap outta me....

Even watching the trailer brings back nightmares!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFacqQp8uw

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3DFacqQp8uw&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How it was ever considered a kids film is beyond me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't know if it has been mentioned but, Trap Door:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

Snufin from the Moomins, have a mate that looks like him, Freckkkk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Jumpy wrote: »

Wah I actually remember that!

If ye want scary though look up "CANDLE COVE" on youtube.

I ain't linkin to that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Jumpy wrote: »

Remember that show. It was the classic theme song that was/still is creepy.

Chocky scared the sh*t out of me as a smallie. :(

Advertisement