Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Drinking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I see what you mean OP.

I think it's wrong that kids are so over-exposed to alcohol, especially alcohol marketing. I think it would be a great idea to follow the French (I never thought I would say that) and introduce a total, blanket-ban on alcohol advertising.

I learned to swim because of Guinness as a child....I was on one the Guinness ships and it sunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

when are parents going to start bringing up their kids properly?

when are kids going to learn to have some respect for the places in which they live?

9pm curfew for under 18's 6pm if they are caught drunk

8.30pm this evening, walking the 300 metres to the shop and some little cnut in a group of 5 threw a stone at me, and hit me.. didnt see who it was but felt it hit me... went after them and most of them ran away.... one little fckuer had the cheek to talk back to me.. I warned him to be careful what he does (kicking doors of elderly/alone etc that kind of sh1t) told him next time I see him he is getting a broken jaw.....

my point being... when I was their age we respected our elders, and those 10 years above us, there was no bullying by those older guys and we all got on.... these little scrotes need to be taught a lesson... I'm not the batman, but if I see these little cnuts from tonight acting the pr1ck again, at least 1 of them will be very sorry

they were not drunk BTW, just being cnuts, thats why I said 6pm curfew if found drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

nice_very wrote: »

when are kids going to learn to have some respect for the places in which they live?

8.30pm this evening, walking the 300 metres to the shop and some little cnut in a group of 5 threw a stone at me, and hit me.. didnt see who it was but felt it hit me... went after them and most of them ran away.... one little fckuer had the cheek to talk back to me.. I warned him to be careful what he does (kicking doors of elderly/alone etc that kind of sh1t) told him next time I see him he is getting a broken jaw.....

my point being... when I was their age we respected our elders, and those 10 years above us, there was no bullying by those older guys and we all got on.... these little scrotes need to be taught a lesson... I'm not the batman, but if I see these little cnuts from tonight acting the pr1ck again, at least 1 of them will be very sorry

they were not drunk BTW, just being cnuts, thats why I said 6pm curfew if found drunk

Yeah thats an appropriate way to get him to respect you.

Physically (and sexually?) assault him.

Thats what we did in my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

my point being... when I was their age we respected our elders, and those 10 years above us, there was no bullying by those older guys and we all got on....

Did you grow up in a working class area?

Threatening children won't win you their respect btw.

You will probably just go to a different shop now.

I'm a certified alcoholic, gots me a card see, and I started drinking when I was 9.

It's been uphill from there.

To stop kids drinking you should send me €100 in an envelope. PM me for details.

This will solve our underage drinking CRISIS.

Then we'll send 'em all Saudi Arabia (which should be called Nearli Ally Arabia)

Note. I lost interest in this half way through. I'm going back to my pint of Jameson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cryano

Remember the good auld days when if you were acting the bolox the IRA would come round drag you into a van and beat the **** out of yea. Good times. :)

sindri: I never said anything about sexual assault, how dare you.. these little cnuts have NO respect for anyone, they went 50 yards up the street and I could hear them throwing their coke cans into the road, the same cnuts are responsible for kicking doors of elderly people on my street on a regular basis, he told me he "lives here longer than you.." he said he is 23, I am 35.. go figure.. he is the one who came agrresively to me when I confronted the group... he is (at 23, so he said) an adult therefore if he wants to start something with me, its 2 adults, at least I tried to do something against these cnuts frightening the elderly of my community.. what have you done?

pin cushin: what does where I grew up have to do with anything?? are there no scumbags in "upper class" areas?? as I have said, he told me he is 23,, hardly a child... and.. no, I will now be going a longer way to the same shop to try and protect more of my community from these little cnuts.... what are you doing?? or do you live in a non-working class area with 0 crime????

• Registered Users Posts: 82,157 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes let's just force kids to wear all the same style clothes, eat the same food, force them to watch the same television shows, hang out with the same people, read the same books,

basically let's just make everyone in society boring carbon copies of everyone else.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090223225246/gurennlagann/images/b/b6/Vlcsnap-000102.jpg

cryano wrote: »
    Remember the good auld days when if you were acting the bolox the IRA would come round drag you into a van and beat the **** out of yea. Good times. :)

if deserved, why not?

ohhh forgot about the people who believe in "rehabilitation"

if deserved, why not?

ohhh forgot about the people who believe in "rehabilitation"

This is an hilariously satirical post. Kudos.:D

• Advertisement

Sindri... keep digging

didnt answer my last post btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Xenophile wrote: »
    Introduce a law to make it illegal for under 18's to wear any clothing especially sports wear that advertises or promotes alcohol.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭30Min

I make shoes out of guinness cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭amacca

30Min wrote: »
    I make shoes out of guinness cans.

I make empties out of them.

then nice pyramid type arrangements of them on a mantlepiece.

then collections of them in a rubbish bag

after that I generally have no involvement in their lives.

I wonder what becomes of my functional erstwhile aluminium friends and their widgets? (sigh, life can be very sad sometimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Originally Posted by Xenophile
    Introduce a law to make it illegal for under 18's to wear any clothing especially sports wear that advertises or promotes alcohol.

Rabies wrote: »
    *sigh*

Not really such a radical proposal, France and Norway have already banned all television and billboard advertising for alcohol.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

What's terrifying about the OP is that this is the kind of thinking that would come from our government...

Advertisement