Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GrapplePalooza 2012- Springtime for Grapplers! April 21st

Options
  • 20-01-2012 5:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hello grappling community,

I have just confirmed the Spring date for Grapplepalooza, Ireland's largest nogi competition. It will take place in Whitehall Colmcille GAA club on Collins Avenue, Dublin 9

Saturday April 21st!

Pencil this in your diaries!

There will be no Elite competition in the Spring event, the Elite, prize money event will take place in the Autumn.

What will there be?
    The categories will go by grade in BJJ, so there will be no more novice/inter/advanced. Instead you will register with your weight and grade in BJJ. If you do not train in a BJJ club, don't worry! You can still register and compete in the division that best suits your abilities.

There will also be a teenage (12-17yrs) event.

Adult early registration cost: €25
    Teen Registration cost €15

There will be a late registration cost which will be implemented 1 week before the event.

Registration form and details coming real soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rianmac

Any idea what way the weights will work? is there an open weight class, or will it all be divisions, and if so, what are the limits, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Rianmac wrote: »
    Any idea what way the weights will work? is there an open weight class, or will it all be divisions, and if so, what are the limits, thanks!

Weights work on IBJJF NoGI weight classes!

They are on Barry's entry form (see below)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtZSnFDZzNyZ2VaVmZWVVhKZENCdnc6MQ#gid=0

From what I can remember last time there was an absolute division at the end for white and blue belt!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Rob01 wrote: »
    Weights work on IBJJF NoGI weight classes!

They are on Barry's entry form (see below)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtZSnFDZzNyZ2VaVmZWVVhKZENCdnc6MQ#gid=0

From what I can remember last time there was an absolute division at the end for white and blue belt!

It is as he says it is!

It's important to note that you must make your stated weight division when your division is about to start or you will be disqualified.

Hey folks,

The following people have incomplete registrations and need to complete the Paypal element of the entry asap.

Stephen Ring
    Alan Phillips
    Luke Geoghegan
    Ciaran Mcilvenny

Thanks,

Barry

In addition to the names above, the following people have not completed payment. Please go to the paypal link after the web form to complete your entry. No money is accepted on the day:

Padraig McLarnon
    Petesy Carroll
    Andras Szuszan
    Ross Finnegan
    Kaspars Jankovics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Hey folks,

The following people have incomplete registrations and need to complete the Paypal element of the entry asap.

Stephen Ring
    Alan Phillips
    Luke Geoghegan
    Ciaran Mcilvenny

Thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry,

I'm not sure if I can make the event for definite yet. If you want to delete my entry, and then when I find out if I can go I will complete another entry with the payment.

Cheers. Ciaran

jitz wrote: »
    Hi Barry,

I'm not sure if I can make the event for definite yet. If you want to delete my entry, and then when I find out if I can go I will complete another entry with the payment.

Cheers. Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for the info. I'll delete the current one and then you can enter again when you know for sure.

We've fixed the big in the system that eats McIlvenny's by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Any chance of keeping the early reg fee till Monday. I know I wont be registering until then just incase anything happens at the Irish Cup on Sunday.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Any chance of keeping the early reg fee till Monday. I know I wont be registering until then just incase anything happens at the Irish Cup on Sunday.

Good idea. I'll extend early registration until Monday night at midnight.

The price for registration from Tuesday onward is €30

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for the info. I'll delete the current one and then you can enter again when you know for sure.

We've fixed the big in the system that eats McIlvenny's by the way :)

Lol good to know Barry. These things happen, just glad I still got the opportunity to compete. Cheers for deleting the entry, hopefully get down to this one the last comp was excellent :)

• Advertisement

A reminder to all that you have until midnight on Monday to get the early registration fee of €25. If you register after that it costs €30. Registration closes at 11.59pm on Thursday night.

Please find attached the current competitor list for ADULT MALE divisions.

The following entries are incomplete and will be deleted at midnight if payment through paypal isn't issued. If these guys are your clubmates let them know. Any further entry after midnight tonight will be €30.

Stephen Daly
    David Collins
    SEBASTIAN KOZOK
    Chris Mullins
    Brian O'Donoghue
    Petesy Carroll
    Ross Finnegan
    Kaspars Jankovics
    Luke Geoghegan
    Adam Brennan

Teenagers
    dean hornibrook
    Dylan Tuke
    rory gallagher

2 hours to go before the €30 fee kicks in. Please get your entries in early to avail of the €5 discount

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Super Cam

Sorry Barry but is there a rough idea of how the timetable is gonna work on the day? I know you haven't got a full list of competitors yet and I hate to be "that guy" but I don't even know exactly what time it's starting at either and I don't want to be late and get disqualified

Super Cam wrote: »
    Sorry Barry but is there a rough idea of how the timetable is gonna work on the day? I know you haven't got a full list of competitors yet and I hate to be "that guy" but I don't even know exactly what time it's starting at either and I don't want to be late and get disqualified
    Polite questions always answered promptly!

First division is at 10am sharp. That's first match not first call. I'm afraid I can't give definite times as yet since all entries are in but I can tell you that the teens will run first on mat 1 and 2 and the we'll start with the heaviest white belt divisions and work backwards on mat 3. I'll know more on Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Super Cam

Cheers thanks very much :), 10am should be plenty of time to get up their ,of course being probably the heavyiest lad there means I might have to pull a superman change while running into the GAA club if you're starting with the heavyiest guys first,still can't wait for this now

Super Cam wrote: »
    Cheers thanks very much :), 10am should be plenty of time to get up their ,of course being probably the heavyiest lad there means I might have to pull a superman change while running into the GAA club if you're starting with the heavyiest guys first,still can't wait for this now

Just leave earlier?:)

Incomplete registrations below. If you know these guys let them know they need to re-register and pay or the entry will be deleted.

Dylan Tuke
    Lee hammond
    rory gallagher
    dean hornibrook
    Luke Geoghegan
    rob byrne
    Adam Brennan
    Padraig McLarnon
    Ross Finnegan
    Kaspars Jankovics
    Brian O'Donoghue
    Christopher Connolly
    dermot kavanagh
    wilson da silva

Thanks guys. I want to give everyone the best chance of registering so please help out.

Last day for entries!

Currently we're sitting at 120 competitors! There are still a number of guys who haven't completed the payment schedule, they have until midnight, same as everyone, to do this.

I'll have a complete timetable and competitor list tomorrow morning. Thanks to everyone who has entered so far!

Competitor list so far with incomplete entries in BOLD. These will be deleted if not completed by midnight tonight. No exceptions.

Barry

• Advertisement

Teenage Entries so far.

Unpaid in bold, you totes need to get ur entry completed alri?

Amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭slammer187

Will there be an updated competitors list before mid-night so we can confirm that we're registered?

slammer187 wrote: »
    Will there be an updated competitors list before mid-night so we can confirm that we're registered?
    In about 5 minutes :)

Guys,

I'm going to keep the registration open overnight since I won't be tallying divisions until 9am tomorrow anyway. This give the people in bold letters an opportunity to complete their entries.

If your name is in bold and you think it shouldn't be, get in touch at baz.oglesby[at]gmail.com and I'll sort it out.

Some massive divisions!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

lookin forward to it, best of luck to everybody organising it ,also will there be absolutes

Teenage divisions attached. There will be some play with these tomorrow as we must also match ages as well as weights. These are for reference and confirmation of entry only.

Timetable for all divisions

Final ADULT and TEENAGE competitor lists. If your name's not down you're not coming in! Please arrive an hour before your division. There will be snacks, tea, coffee, water etc. available at the venue all day thanks to the good folks at Whitehall Colmcille GAA club (senior hurlers for the first time in 20 years this year don't you know)

Thanks to everyone who has entered I'm off to set up now so it just remains for me to wish you all good hunting.

Enjoy the day!

It's going great here and we're about 30 minutes ahead of schedule. If you're coming down give yourself plenty of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Just want to say thanks to Barry & his crew for another great competion held! Looking forward 2d next one :)

Advertisement