Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted places to visit in westmeath

Options
  • 14-01-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi my friends and i are hoping to visit a haunted place in the westmeath area next week but we are having trouble finding a suitable place. We have previously been to kinnity castle, leap castle, our ladys mental asylum in cork and Balarney castle. We did not actually go into leap castle because i believe you have to ring for a tour. Just wondering if this tour is worthwhile? We are looking for a place where we can just explore ourselves, think been given a tour kinda takes the fun out of it ! so we would really appreciate it if someone could tell us a few abandoned houses or haunted places. Would reccomend kinnity to everyone the staff are lovely and they just let us wander around the castle and even gave us the keys to the rooms . Very creepy there and the hanging tree is terrifying :) Oh we were thinking about going to colonony castle or maybe ringing sean the man who lives in leap . anyone been to colonony ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

kattiiee wrote: »
    Hi my friends and i are hoping to visit a haunted place in the westmeath area next week but we are having trouble finding a suitable place. We have previously been to kinnity castle, leap castle, our ladys mental asylum in cork and Balarney castle. We did not actually go into leap castle because i believe you have to ring for a tour. Just wondering if this tour is worthwhile? We are looking for a place where we can just explore ourselves, think been given a tour kinda takes the fun out of it ! so we would really appreciate it if someone could tell us a few abandoned houses or haunted places. Would reccomend kinnity to everyone the staff are lovely and they just let us wander around the castle and even gave us the keys to the rooms . Very creepy there and the hanging tree is terrifying :) Oh we were thinking about going to colonony castle or maybe ringing sean the man who lives in leap . anyone been to colonony ??

Clonony Castle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonony A McCoughlan castle. Two of Queen Elizabeth I's cousins, the Boleyns, are buried there.

Haven't been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

There's no such thing as ghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

darokane wrote: »
    There's no such thing as ghosts

I'd say the OP is very glad you cleared that up for her. Definitely saved her a lot of time. Any advice pertinent to what she asked, great teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I'd say the OP is very glad you cleared that up for her. Definitely saved her a lot of time. Any advice pertinent to what she asked, great teacher?

No, you've covered that with your wikipedia link.

Advertisement