Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Revue for camper?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I've been following the thread over in Bargain Alerts pretty closely with the Logitech Revue:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497385

I was thinking of using it as an entertainment centre in the van, I know a lot of things probably depend on internet but for things like playing movies/mp3 etc might be a good option? I could possibly tether the wireless on my phone for any internet stuff too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Be careful that you're allowed to tether on your plan, you could end up having a very expensive break. I'm on Vodafone and it's expressly forbidden on my plan I need to buy an upgrade to tether.

You could use it on campsites WiFi but it could be very laggy depending on the quality and speed of the WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Del2005 wrote: »
    Be careful that you're allowed to tether on your plan, you could end up having a very expensive break. I'm on Vodafone and it's expressly forbidden on my plan I need to buy an upgrade to tether.

You could use it on campsites WiFi but it could be very laggy depending on the quality and speed of the WiFi

I'm on meteor, never knew it could be forbidden surely it'd be hard to trace?? Had my phone rooted and was using the Wireless Tether app. Find it very handy on the go to do a few bits on the laptop. Must look up the T&C of the contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's simple to track and if you've done it before without incurring extra charges then I'd guess it's allowed. No harm in checking.

Forgot to say what data plan have you got? Watching videos will easily eat a Gig in a few hours.

Advertisement