Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite survivalism / prepping jokes?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

Favourite survivalism / prepping jokes?
    Surely a sense of humour is essential edc for teotwaiki.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

One cannibal says to another: "Yore Ma makes a lovely stew"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Took a while to find, but this was on an American site (so not all apply here):
    :D
    You might be a survivalist if:
    • You have emergency rations stored for your pets, and you view your pets as potential emergency rations.
    • Bert from 'Tremors' is your favorite movie character.
    • Your coffee table is actually a board with a table cloth over it, to disguise your food storage underneath.
    • You've ever served MREs at a dinner party.
    • You're planning to dig an emergency escape tunnel from your basement, to the nearest stand of trees.
    • You've made bugout cargo packs for your dogs, and they also have their own gas masks.
    • You know how to use a vacuum cleaner in reverse, to filter air in your designated bio-chem attack safe room.
    • Your koi pond is stocked with tasty catfish.
    • You view the nearest wildlife conservation area as a potential grocery store, for after SHTF.
    • You know all the ways out the building where you work, and you have an escape kit stashed in your locker.
    • You have enough ramien noodles stockpiled in your basement to feed your family for three years.
    • You've made a range card for your neighborhood.
    • Your ideal weekend consists of hauling a newly-completed cache container into the woods, and burying it.
    • Your favorite 'self help' book is Nuclear War Survival Skills.
    • When you go to McDonalds, you ask for one order of fries, with 25 packs of salt, ketchup, and mustard.
    • You've numbered the deer romping in the yard by their order of consumption.
    • You're a single male, but you have an emergency childbirth kit, in case you have to deal with that possibility.
    • You have 30,000 rounds of ammo stashed away, and you consider this to be inadequate.
    • You own more than one grain mill, and you have a kerosene lamp in every room.
    • You have two water heaters in your basement, but one is a dummy that's been converted to a hideaway safe.
    • When you hear animal calls on nature shows, it sounds to you like they're saying "Eat Me!", "Eat Me!".
    • The box springs under your mattress are actually Rubber Maid storage containers, filled with rice and beans.
    • Your basement walls are insulated with crates of toilet paper, from floor to ceiling, all the way around.
    • Your group has detailed plans to take over a national forest, after the collapse of civilization.
    • You have different grades of bug out bags, for different disaster scenarios.
    • You bought your stockpile of grains (for human consumption) through your local animal feed store.
    • You're still using up your Y2K supplies.
    • While other people are saving for vacations, you are saving to get solar panels put on your house.
    • You were excited beyond all reason when they came out with cheddar cheese in a can.
    • You spend your spare time practicing making survival foods, like hardtack, jerky, pemmican, and fruit leather.
    • You have better items in storage than the stuff you use everyday.
    • You can't put groceries in the trunk of your car, because it's already full of first aid kits and Bug Out Bags.
    • You've ever considered buying an above-ground pool for water storage purposes.
    • Your significant other gave you another sleeping bag for Christmas, and it was just what you wanted.
    • You must open the door to your pantry very carefully, for fear of a canned goods avalanche.
    • You own so much ammo that you had to cache it underground, simply due to lack of storage space.
    • You own several hassock-style portable toilets, for use in case flooding disrupts your septic system.
    • You own enough army surplus equipment to open your own surplus store.
    • You keep your survival info on computer CDs and jump drives, but have hardcopy printouts, 'just in case'.
    • You've mapped out the best places to block the roads leading to your area.
    • You have a backup hand pump on your water well, and more 55gal blue water drums than family members.
    • You carry a pocket survival kit, knife, flashlight, and concealed handgun on you to church every Sunday.
    • You keep sneaking into the woods to plant bamboo and other useful and edible plants, in strategic locations.
    • You own a hand-operated clothes washer and a non-electric carpet sweeper.
    • You have two of every size of Dutch oven (the ones with the legs on the bottom), and 20 bags of charcoal.
    • You've sewn secret mini-BOBs into the bottom of your children's school backpacks.
    • You have rain barrels at each corner of your house, and a Big Berkey filter to purify the water.
    • You start evaluating people according to 'skill sets'.
    • You know where the best defensive positions and lines of fire are on your property.
    • You have space set aside in the fallout shelter for your chickens, rabbits, and miniature goats.
    • You have a 'Volcano' stove, you know how to cook anything, and you cast evil glances at your neighbor's
    • annoying, yappy poodle, muttering "your day will come, hotdog" under your breath.
    • You own tons of modern survival gear, but you know how to improvise crude replacements, just in case.
    • You're so busy making preparations, that you own guns you haven't even had time to shoot yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

• You have emergency rations stored for your pets, and you view your pets as potential emergency rations.
    • Your coffee table is actually a board with a table cloth over it, to disguise your food storage underneath.
    • You've ever served MREs at a dinner party.
    • You're planning to dig an emergency escape tunnel from your basement, to the nearest stand of trees.
    • You've made bugout cargo packs for your dogs, and they also have their own gas masks.
    • You know how to use a vacuum cleaner in reverse, to filter air in your designated bio-chem attack safe room.
    • Your koi pond is stocked with tasty catfish.
    • You view the nearest wildlife conservation area as a potential grocery store, for after SHTF.
    • You know all the ways out the building where you work, and you have an escape kit stashed in your locker.
    • You have enough ramien noodles stockpiled in your basement to feed your family for three years.
    • You've made a range card for your neighborhood.
    • Your ideal weekend consists of hauling a newly-completed cache container into the woods, and burying it.
    • Your favorite 'self help' book is Nuclear War Survival Skills.
    • When you go to McDonalds, you ask for one order of fries, with 25 packs of salt, ketchup, and mustard.
    • You've numbered the deer romping in the yard by their order of consumption.
    • You're a single male, but you have an emergency childbirth kit, in case you have to deal with that possibility.
    • You have 30,000 rounds of ammo stashed away, and you consider this to be inadequate.
    • You own more than one grain mill, and you have a kerosene lamp in every room.
    • You have two water heaters in your basement, but one is a dummy that's been converted to a hideaway safe.
    • When you hear animal calls on nature shows, it sounds to you like they're saying "Eat Me!", "Eat Me!".
    • The box springs under your mattress are actually Rubber Maid storage containers, filled with rice and beans.
    • Your basement walls are insulated with crates of toilet paper, from floor to ceiling, all the way around.
    • Your group has detailed plans to take over a national forest, after the collapse of civilization.
    • You have different grades of bug out bags, for different disaster scenarios.
    • You bought your stockpile of grains (for human consumption) through your local animal feed store.
    • You're still using up your Y2K supplies.
    • While other people are saving for vacations, you are saving to get solar panels put on your house.
    • You were excited beyond all reason when they came out with cheddar cheese in a can.
    • You spend your spare time practicing making survival foods, like hardtack, jerky, pemmican, and fruit leather.
    • You have better items in storage than the stuff you use everyday.
    • You can't put groceries in the trunk of your car, because it's already full of first aid kits and Bug Out Bags.
    • You've ever considered buying an above-ground pool for water storage purposes.
    • Your significant other gave you another sleeping bag for Christmas, and it was just what you wanted.
    • You must open the door to your pantry very carefully, for fear of a canned goods avalanche.
    • You own so much ammo that you had to cache it underground, simply due to lack of storage space.
    • You own several hassock-style portable toilets, for use in case flooding disrupts your septic system.
    • You own enough army surplus equipment to open your own surplus store.
    • You keep your survival info on computer CDs and jump drives, but have hardcopy printouts, 'just in case'.
    • You've mapped out the best places to block the roads leading to your area.
    • You have a backup hand pump on your water well, and more 55gal blue water drums than family members.
    • You carry a pocket survival kit, knife, flashlight, and concealed handgun on you to church every Sunday.
    • You keep sneaking into the woods to plant bamboo and other useful and edible plants, in strategic locations.
    • You own a hand-operated clothes washer and a non-electric carpet sweeper.
    • You have two of every size of Dutch oven (the ones with the legs on the bottom), and 20 bags of charcoal.
    • You've sewn secret mini-BOBs into the bottom of your children's school backpacks.
    • You have rain barrels at each corner of your house, and a Big Berkey filter to purify the water.
    • You start evaluating people according to 'skill sets'.
    • You know where the best defensive positions and lines of fire are on your property.
    • You have space set aside in the fallout shelter for your chickens, rabbits, and miniature goats.
    • You have a 'Volcano' stove, you know how to cook anything, and you cast evil glances at your neighbor's
    • annoying, yappy poodle, muttering "your day will come, hotdog" under your breath.
    • You own tons of modern survival gear, but you know how to improvise crude replacements, just in case.
    • You're so busy making preparations, that you own guns you haven't even had time to shoot yet.
    Reads more like a to-do list to be honest! :D:o

I kind of wondered how many here would read it and every so often say "haha, yep" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭the monk5845

Liking the dog bug out bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Reads more like a to-do list to be honest! :D:o

Just what I was thinking...shouldn't it be in 'what I did to prepare today'?

This one stands out because really all a "water heater" is use for is a dummy safe.

The water heater, like the massive cars with the big engine is a perfect symbol of american waste and anyone wanting hot water after SHTF or anyone wanting to heat water in a somewhat efficient way in a country that doesn't use 100% renewable energy to generate electricity shouldn't use one.

We're really blessed in a way over here that indirect heating cylinders are so readily available. You just can't get them in the states and a water heater is just a self-contained immersion heater with no possibility of using an external heat source to heat the water (back boiler, oil boiler, solar) so in the states most people are 100% dependent on electricity or sometimes piped gas to have hot water.

Some solar heating designs over there actually involve drilling a hole in the side of one of these "water heater" things and shoving some pipes in. It's why in Florida where the sun always shines you see so few solar panels for heating water, and the ones you do see are Eco-bling and only for the swimming pool. On average they use about 4,000+ KWh a year each and its normal to leave them on all the time.

People here don't realise how good they have it that they can just walk into a shop and buy a cylinder with two separate coils in it and also an electric element. I think it could be a conspiracy that those things are so scarce in the states or maybe people are too fixed in their old wasteful ways to bother and would rather complain about the high electricity bills. In some states electricity costs the same or more as it does here so its not like there's nothing to be gained by firing that ould bastard of a water heater out the nearest window.

Really hate those water heater things. Sorry for bringing this into a thread about humour

/rant

eth0 wrote: »
    Really hate those water heater things. Sorry for bringing this into a thread about humour

/rant

Don't be, it made me smile!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

From another Survival site.:)

shelter-basic-necessity.jpg

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

eth0 wrote: »
    People here don't realise how good they have it that they can just walk into a shop and buy a cylinder with two separate coils in it and also an electric element. I think it could be a conspiracy that those things are so scarce in the states or maybe people are too fixed in their old wasteful ways to bother and would rather complain about the high electricity bills. In some states electricity costs the same or more as it does here so its not like there's nothing to be gained by firing that ould bastard of a water heater out the nearest window.

/rant

Hmmmm,wonder could an enterprising chap make a few quid exporting lagged copper cylinders to the US for the survivalists over there?Apart from getting the fittings changed back to imperial..:rolleyes:.They are stil abit behind the times with that over there too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hmmmm,wonder could an enterprising chap make a few quid exporting lagged copper cylinders to the US for the survivalists over there?Apart from getting the fittings changed back to imperial..:rolleyes:.They are stil abit behind the times with that over there too.

Probably. I dunno do the lads over there have a different kind of setup for heating water without electricity

wouldnt be just survivalists you could sell them to, anyone wanting to save a few bob but of course many are very fixed in their ways and won't change from the good old reliable shiny water heater with a whirlpool logo that helps transport their cash to the "utility company"

I was tempted to try it myself. and i might try it some day if i have the spare cash. would have to install them as well. the solar panels you can buy over there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Lads, any chance we can stay on-topic in one thread ;)

SHTF cookery book
    38S36.jpg

survivalist.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Took a while to find, but this was on an American site (so not all apply here):
    :D

You might be a survivalist if:

And why not :confused: I have the boxed set. btw IMDB says calls the character Burt not Bert ;) Perhaps I know to much :o

If your favourite survivalist babe is Heather then you just watch just far too many films :D

Nah! Sarah Connor [1984 version please,shes too skinny in T2]and/or Lara Croft is who I want in my rack and shelter if things go bad!:D:D:D

Nah! Sarah Connor [1984 version please,shes too skinny in T2]and/or Lara Croft is who I want in my rack and shelter if things go bad!:D:D:D
    No no no, she's a lean mean survival machine in T2, I'd definetely go for that. Or maybe Rachel Luttrell. Basically if they can beat up a gang of ninjas I'm there.

No no no, she's a lean mean survival machine in T2, I'd definetely go for that. Or maybe Rachel Luttrell. Basically if they can beat up a gang of ninjas I'm there.

Ah That was proably the cancer[Sarah Connor] had in the story line of T3..:D Too skinny aint nice either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Perhaps a joke more about life in general:

Dilbert_funny_jokes.jpg

126195.strip.sunday.gif

The cheapest type of survivalist preppie!:D

• Advertisement

Ah That was proably the cancer[Sarah Connor] had in the story line of T3..:D Too skinny aint nice either...
    What?

Sarah Connor is supposed to have died of cancer/leukimia by the T3 film.She went from this

T1SarahPromo.jpg

To this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsQbKZk08sJUPxZFn8gheF8633lVh8yNxrN7uX1SoaNoYiBZ_Alw

Which ties in at the Terminator : Sarah Connor chronicles of her being aware of having leukimia.Which is what I meant by that kind of skinny aint nice!

Sarah Connor is supposed to have died of cancer/leukimia by the T3 film.
    We're talking about T2, I thought. You may mock women who can beat up a gang of ninjas if you like Grizz, but what will you do when you get attacked by said cohort of multitalented martial masters?

The smile will be on the other side of your face then I can tell you.

We're talking about T2, I thought. You may mock women who can beat up a gang of ninjas if you like Grizz, but what will you do when you get attacked by said cohort of multitalented martial masters?

The smile will be on the other side of your face then I can tell you.

Are you being serious here?????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Cos if you are thats a great joke !!!!

Are you being serious here?????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Cos if you are thats a great joke !!!!
    Yes I get attacked by gangs of ninjas on a quarterly basis, usually around when my ninja gang membership fees are due.

OH...We call them tax collectors!

OH...We call them tax collectors!
    Sadly the woman has not yet been invented that can beat those bastards back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Perhaps a joke more about life in general:

Dilbert_funny_jokes.jpg

I use this picture for customer presentations, always goes down well and gets some giggles. Until this morning in Berlin :( Two customer representatives almost came to blows after a realization their plans were like the cartoon.

krissovo wrote: »
    I use this picture for customer presentations, always goes down well and gets some giggles. Until this morning in Berlin :( Two customer representatives almost came to blows after a realization their plans were like the cartoon.

oops.:D

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w

not for the sqeamish.

thinking of removing all the canned peaches from my food storage.:D

Advertisement