Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audit Elective FAE 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think they are finished but you can watch it on the CAI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Thanks. I find it hard to concentrate watching them online but I'll just have to try and focus!

Yea being at a computer can be very distracting!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

I find it impossible to stick with the lecture on line. Just to much other stuff calling to me
    Starting to up the work a bit now as we are nearly into April ..................... at least I should be starting to up it

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

password to print supplementary document anyone know it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Guys thanks so much for posting the notes very useful for people who are repeating as all lectures are online but no notes! Hence very useful indeed!

Thanks A million. Hope we all pass and get the three initials!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cookieincork

I have the tax elective timetable..I need a link to the notes tho...Anyone have it??? There is a lecture in Cork next Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cocomonkey

Thanks for putting up the notes Kitten K. Time to start back into it now i guess!

There are no notes on the website for this weekends case study session, the notice says that the cases will be given out in hardcopy on Sunday.

kitten_k wrote: »
    There are no notes on the website for this weekends case study session, the notice says that the cases will be given out in hardcopy on Sunday.

I was just going to put a post asking about this! Thanks Kitten k! :)

Edit: Does it say to bring all the books or any notes in particular?

• Advertisement

Going by the planning and delivery schedule it says bring the standards, the technical handbook and the elective book.

I will be away for the lecture on 20th May so can somebody else have a look a couple of days before to see if there is any notice / notes up for the lecture.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Going by the planning and delivery schedule it says bring the standards, the technical handbook and the elective book.

I will be away for the lecture on 20th May so can somebody else have a look a couple of days before to see if there is any notice / notes up for the lecture.

Do we not need current FAE login details for that ? :confused:

Yea but hopefully someone who has them will be reading the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlbertoGranado

Do we not already have those cases from last year? I definitely have Zeb Dallas and Whelan Engineering rings a bell too... the others are from last year's paper I think.

Yes but this class is suppose to be for people who are just doing FAE this year so they won't have them.

Apologies. I'm a repeat student following the thread. Found these in my downloads at work from last year...

Solution Whelan.doc

Draft Case Zeb Dallas.doc

DRAFT CASE Whelan Engineering Limited.doc

Yea I am a repeat student too but still attend these lectures, they have no way of tracking who is attending.

Thanks for the cases.

You clearly didnt have to go to the Cork lectures last year... Dire! No way I'm going back to them! Watching the Dublin lectures online this time around. Getting through them slowly but surely. Definitely a step in the right direction I think.

No I am based in Dublin so go to those ones.

Did they give out any other notes at the case study session?

• Advertisement

Cases from the institutes revision course- haven't looked at them yet but hopefully they're some help.

Two more cases from the revision course.

Hi All

can someone please uploaded the notes for Core Audit lectures please for Sean Murray. Also if someone has gone to the lectures, are they any good. I am going through the elective lectures ( streaming) by the looks of it its more about taking what needs to be read form the APB , technical Handbook etc.

2) is there is anything lectures provided for the Money laundering lecture as part of the audit elective lecture?

3) Are there any other case studies provided as part of the sessions, apart from the ones upload above.

Index of Case for 2012 audit Elective

Guys

just did a little index of all cases i have for Audit Elective. I am sure i am missing a few!

1) Cool It
    2) Dexter
    3)Whelan Engineering Limited
    4)Zeb Dallas
    5) Ebony
    6)Pybex Limited
    7)Perchant Hotels Ltd
    8)Mulligan Ltd
    9)Kerrigan Medical devices Litd
    10)Chemical Sisters
    11)white distribution Ltd
    12) Red Ireland Limits

Can someone please upload solutions for Chemical Sisters and White distribution ltd.

Also would be great if anyone can compare the above list to theirs and uploaded an missing ones above. Above list doesn't include the cases from the past apers/mocks and is merely a list of cases that have been uploaded on the ICAI or where there in my previous files.

I am sure there will be some cases in the list that are from the papers, but i am more keen on getting hold of cases which are provided by the institute outside of sample/mock exams/past papers etc.

Thanks

Have a look at the planning and delivery document on back page 2. Gives a fairly good list of cases you should have.

thank mate. I will get a list together comparing the one i uploaded and based on the cases at the back of delivery schedule.

In the meantime can someone upload Transactions Involving Directors (Resource pack) document please. I dont have this.

Many Thanks

Hi All
    The following is a list of cases which if someone can upload would be great with the solutions.

Combined with ones uploaded is all we need in terms of case studies. This list has been compiled from the Delivery schedule. I would be grateful if someone can help us guys doing retakes with this by uploading case studies. I have uploaded a number of case studies provided by the institute for CORE FAE 2012. Please go through the thread to download these.

Missing Cases

1) RBG
    2) Becker & Co
    3) Cusiter
    4) Julliet
    5)NorthCee
    6) Moon Designs
    7) Devices Ltd
    8) Fundi Ltd
    9) Interplant Plc
    10) Tangent Ltd
    11) SX Max ltd
    12) RAPS Ltd
    13) Pension Fund Ltd
    14) CarCas ltd
    15) Burke Mechanical Ltd

Can any one help with the cases above! someone doing the main FAE course or Elective FAE course for 2012 will definitely have the cases for 2012 listed above.

Well you'll find 1-5 on page 2 in elective session 1/2 notes at the end... And at the end of elective session 3/4 notes!

• Advertisement

Thanks Alberto.

Does some one have the money laundering notes??? I cant find this in Session 3/4!!!

Advertisement