Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Us marines urinate on dead taliban

• 12-01-2012 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16522973

In the video US marines are seen to be urinating on dead taliban fighters.

I think it is disgusting they way they are treating dead bodies, the dead are still someone's brothers, sons and dads. I hope the marines are dealt with properly and get done for misconduct. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BLAST THEM WITH PI................

Oh............ wait......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

deisedave wrote: »
    I think it is disgusting they way they are treating dead bodies, the dead are still someone's brothers, sons and dads. :mad:

Their family will probably be more upset about them getting shot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Their family will probably be more upset about them getting shot though.

By taking a leak on the bodies it is making the US soldiers just as bad if not worse than the guys they say are "evil". I understand that you have to kill over there but you are not suppose to enjoy killing and humiliate the dead bodies.

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

When you gotta go you gotta go.

Seems odd that all 4 had to go simultaneosly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Get Bear Grylls on the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Can't understand that people still do stuff like this on video

can they not see a flaw in their plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Like the taliban treat dead people with respect?

Oh that's right, the taliban get their kicks filming civilians getting their throats slit.

Pearl was beheaded by the taliban. On May 16 his severed head and decomposed body were found cut into ten pieces, and buried—along with the jacket of a tracksuit Pearl was wearing when photographed by his kidnappers—in a shallow grave.

old_aussie wrote: »
    Like the taliban treat dead people with respect?

Oh that's right, the taliban get their kicks filming civilians getting their throats slit.

Pearl was beheaded by the taliban. On May 16 his severed head and decomposed body were found cut into ten pieces, and buried—along with the jacket of a tracksuit Pearl was wearing when photographed by his kidnappers—in a shallow grave.

So what the allied forces should act like animals as well ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

By taking a leak on the bodies it is making the US soldiers just as bad if not worse than the guys they say are "evil".

I think what the US marine did is sick and ethically repugnant. But what kind of warped ethical standpoint are you adapting in suggesting it's as bad as blowing up an innocent civilian?

later10 wrote: »
    I think what the US marine did is sick and ethically repugnant. But what kind of warped ethical standpoint are you adapting in suggesting it's as bad as blowing up an innocent civilian?

I never said it was the same thing but just because they act like animals dont mean that the Americans have to as well. The lads were already dead there was no reason to pee on the bodies.

Plus do you think the allied forces have not hit innocent farmers but the topic is about the Marines desecrating the dead bodies its not about what the taliban have done before.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

So it's not "ok" to p1ss on dead people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Stick their noses in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

So they can kill them, but they can't piss on them, ok, got it!

Lads, it's war.

But oh no, a bit of piss! What's the world coming to?!?!?!

A bit of perspective here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I never said it was the same thing
    Read back a few posts. You said they were as bad or worse as people who blow up innocent civilians. why? for having peed on a dead body.
    By taking a leak on the bodies it is making the US soldiers just as bad if not worse than the guys they say are "evil".

Your might want to get your morality-meter recalibrated,

I never said it was the same thing but just because they act like animals dont mean that the Americans have to as well.

Lol!!

They are ALL animals my friend, that's why they're there!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, it's war.

Well I think the point is what this suggests. You know, Afghan-American relations and all that, the role of the American army, common decency, some dignity and the like.

Lads, it's war.

Its war but I would like to see the Americans show a bit of respect for there enemies.

In your opinion does anything go while at war?

Sindri wrote: »
    Well I think the point is what this suggests. You know, Afghan-American relations and all that, the role of the American army, common decency, some dignity and the like.

Exactly all this video is going to do is drive future insurgents to join up and plan more attacks on the west. I think the Americans should be trying to get good relations with the afghan people, not pissing on there relatives ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

old_aussie wrote: »
    Pearl was beheaded by the taliban.............

Nope. Even when talking about an organisation at which one would have thought there'd be no problem in criticising, you can't get it right.

• Advertisement

Why do all the good threads start when I have to go to bed.

Common decence? Dignity?

Do you have any idea what goes on over there? Can you imagine the kinds of things that are happening?

Can you imagine some 18 year old kid going over there, he's scared as sh*t, he's being shot at all day, some Talaban blow up 3 of his buddies with an IED, another of his buddies is captured and they chop him up into little bits! These people have been butchering children and then in the line of duty they kill a couple of them........... you think they should give them a hero's funeral?

I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying have a bit of perspective. It's war. They're there to kill each other!
    Its war but I would like to see the Americans show a bit of respect for there enemies.

In your opinion does anything go while at war?

Is pissing against the Geneva Convention?

Common decence? Dignity?

Do you have any idea what goes on over there? Can you imagine the kinds of things that are happening?

Can you imagine some 18 year old kid going over there, he's scared as sh*t, he's being shot at all day, some Talaban blow up 3 of his buddies with an IED, another of his buddies is captured and they chop him up into little bits! These people have been butchering children and then in the line of duty they kill a couple of them........... you think they should give them a hero's funeral?

I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying have a bit of perspective. It's war. They're there to kill each other!

I don't know what I said that you actually addressed in your posts rather you tried to validate that foolish statement.

Should I not expect/demand more from the American Army?

I don't know what I said that you actually addressed in your posts rather you tried to validate that foolish statement.

It's pretty simple. I'm sorry it went over your head.

Common decence? Dignity?

The 18 year old choose to sign up and go to war so no sympathy, the afghan people have no choice it is there home.

By the way I am not anti American troops I have all the time in the world normally for the soldiers I just found this incident didnt really sit right with me, it is putting progress in Afghanistan back when they should be doing the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

Wheres the headline Taliban plant IED and and kill "X" amount of Marines and leave "X" amount limbless :mad:

The 18 year old choose to sign up and go to war so no sympathy, the afghan people have no choice it is there home.

By the way I am not anti American troops I have all the time in the world normally for the soldiers I just found this incident didnt really sit right with me, it is putting progress in Afghanistan back when they should be doing the opposite.

So, you have no sympathy for an American soldier, but you have sympathy for a Taliban soldier? Is that what you're saying?

Do you know anything about the Taliban?

It's pretty simple. I'm sorry it went over your head.

You didn't actually, you tried to validate a ridiculous statement that was validating a ridiculous statement that condoned pissing on the bodies of dead men.

Well done.

You didn't actually, you tried to validate a ridiculous statement that was validating a ridiculous statement that condoned pissing on the bodies of dead men.

Well done.

I never condoned anything.

What I DID say is you need to have a bit of perspective (it's in a post on the first page there).

I gave you a wildly general scenario where it might be possible that "common decency" might not be the first thing on there lads' minds.

Again, i'm sorry it went over your head!

• Advertisement

Lol!!

They are ALL animals my friend, that's why they're there!

Are they?

Americans as well. The whole American army?

So, you have no sympathy for an American soldier, but you have sympathy for a Taliban soldier? Is that what you're saying?

Do you know anything about the Taliban?

Ok all I am saying is the pissing on a dead body is wrong, are you saying that it is right?

An American soldier has a choice on if he wants to go to war or not so why would I have much sympathy?

I do not think that any of there attacks were right but I do think a lot of the fighters now are people who saw there family be killed by American soldiers and join up because of that.

I never condoned anything.

What I DID say is you need to have a bit of perspective (it's in a post on the first page there).

I gave you a wildly general scenario where it might be possible that "common decency" might not be the first thing on there lads' minds.

Again, i'm sorry it went over your head!

I am not saying that what they did is the worst thing in the world but it will put progress that American soldiers have died for on hold and possibly be the cause of an attack on American soldiers over there thats why I think its so wrong.

Are they?

Americans as well. The whole American army?

They are trained killers, fighting an unjust an illegal war.

Perhaps saying they are "all animals" was a bit of an over statement, but they are a foreign force occupying their country and have killed countless civilians.

Ok all I am saying is the pissing on a dead body is wrong, are you saying that it is right?

Nope, if you read my posts you'll see i've already said that...........

An American soldier has a choice on if he wants to go to war or not so why would I have much sympathy?

That's not what I asked. Is it that you have sympathy for the Taliban?
    I do not think that any of there attacks were right but I do think a lot of the fighters now are people who saw there family be killed by American soldiers and join up because of that.

From what information have you formed this opinion exactly?

What these American soldiers did is wrong and it cannot be condoned.
    One could surmise many reasons why they would do it but that does not subtract from the fact that soldiers in a professional army, against common ethics and decency, decided it was all right to urinate on the dead bodies of men they presumably killed, regardless of the fact that they were members of the Taliban.

These men, by no means, are a suitable example for the whole American Army and no one condones what they did.

Additionally just because the men who were urinated on were members of the Taliban does not validate urinating on them.

\thread.

• Advertisement

What these American soldiers did is wrong and it cannot be condoned.
    One could surmise many reasons why they would do it but that does not subtract from the fact that soldiers in a professional army, against common ethics and decency, decided it was all right to urinate on the dead bodies of men they presumably killed, regardless of the fact that they were members of the Taliban.

These men, by no means, are a suitable example for the whole American Army and no one condones what they did.

Additionally just because the men who were urinated on were members of the Taliban does not validate urinating on them.

\thread.

Wow, good for you :rolleyes:

Again, it's simple. Pissing is not the worst thing that is going on here. Why this is in the news is beyond me!

It's war, not football!

Nope, if you read my posts you'll see i've already said that...........

That's not what I asked. Is it that you have sympathy for the Taliban?

From what information have you formed this opinion exactly?

No I would not have much sympathy for them being killed because they are also fighting but I would have sympathy for the innocent farmers killed over there.

But this thread is about the incident that happened in that video.

Again, it's simple. Pissing is not the worst thing that is going on here. Why this is in the news is beyond me!

It's war, not football!

If it was your kid would you liked them to be pissed on because its "war" seriously cop yourself on.

They are trained killers, fighting an unjust an illegal war.

Perhaps saying they are "all animals" was a bit of an over statement, but they are a foreign force occupying their country and have killed countless civilians.

I wish they had done many things differently in that war and they had approached it differently, and they have, as all wars usually do, caused more damage than they will ever repair, especially that Afghanistan is such a cluster fuck of a country.

But America, while taking into account the above, has the right to, and actually has to defend itself.

Practically, if you evaluate the reasons this war took place, regardless of Bush, it is hard not to see why they went.

If it was your kid would you liked them to be pissed on because its "war" seriously cop yourself on.

Lol!! I think i'd be a bit more preoccupied with that fact that my kid is missing the back of his head!

• Advertisement

It's war, not football!

Again it's simple. Obviously the war is far worse, its the behaviour that this is indicative off that is what is important.

I don't like the idea of the American acting like this.

We all know what the Taliban do, but the American army have to held to a higher standard.

Again it's simple. Obviously the war is far worse, its the behaviour that this is indicative off that is what is important.

let me ask you this.

There is a group of American soldiers ok? And they have taken the lives of these 3 Taliban soldiers. They have KILLED them.

Does this not bother you? Why is it that the piss annoys you, but the fact that they have murdered these 3 men who were sons, husbands, fathers etc hasn't prompted a discenting word from you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I'd proably be a bit more concerned about that fact that they'd joined the Taliban and then gotten killed.

let me ask you this.

There is a group of American soldiers ok? And they have taken the lives of these 3 Taliban soldiers. They have KILLED them.

Does this not bother you? Why is it that the piss annoys you, but the fact that they have murdered these 3 men who were sons, husbands, fathers etc hasn't prompted a discenting word from you?

It's very simple. The American Army has to be held to a higher standard. It's the American Army, the one we all complain about, with its quasi imperialist agenda, but still it's the one we call when we need help.

And these scum bags, feeling this is appropriate, is disconcerting. They're at war, well done, but behaviour like this is dangerous in an army because of what it may be indicative of.

And, hence, what may happen to (innocent) Afghan civilians. (that hasn't already happened).

It's very simple. The American Army has to be held to a higher standard. It's the American Army, the one we all complain about, with its quasi imperialist agenda, but still it's the one we call when we need help.

And these scum bags, feeling this is appropriate, is disconcerting. They're at war, well done, but behaviour like this is dangerous in an army because of what it may be indicative of.

And, hence, what may happen to (innocent) Afghan civilians. (that hasn't already happened).

Very good.

Now if you could answer my question................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

as much as i disagree with the occupation of Afghanistan. I think its very easy for us to judge the US soldiers who are out there in horrid conditions fighting an army that have no morals watsoever. To do that job, you would have to have an overwhelming hate for your enemy, and this obviously leads to fairly nasty things like this..

Very good.

Now if you could answer my question................

You absolute troll.

Obviously it bothers me. But this argument isn't about me???

I sort of take it for granted that it is horrible, not that I have to declare it before I decide to comment on it.

You absolute troll.

Obviously it bothers me. But this argument isn't about me???

I'm not trolling and it's against the charter to suggest that I am!

My original point was that some perspecyive is needed here and it would seem that you don't have any if the worst thing about that situation is a bit of piss!

I'd proably be a bit more concerned about that fact that they'd joined the Taliban and then gotten killed.

I am sure the taliban is not hated that much by the locals and joining would not be seen as that bad.

I'm not trolling and it's against the charter to suggest that I am!

My original point was that some perspecyive is needed here and it would seem that you don't have any if the worst thing about that situation is a bit of piss!

Yeah...

I never suggested that the actual act of urinating was the worst...

I said what it may be indicative of.

The American army treats civilians fairly well, but maybe not all do?

Maybe occurrences like this are more common throughout an organization that is the worlds police.

How can you not think that? That if they're doing this, what else are they doing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement