Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top up online [banking] - selected wrong network

Options
  • 11-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Okay, so the first time I did this I let it go [it was €10]. I was a Meteor customer for 9 years and was just so used to selecting Meteor, although now I am Vodafone! I've since done it a second time [€20] although it was ages ago - but just wondering, who do I contact in this case? I know it's my own stupidity, but still, I can't be the only one! Is it the bank? Meteor? Vodafone? Who?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

usually you contact the network that you credited in error. so if you sent the money to meteor by mistake then i would contact them. they will prob want a copy of your bank statement as proof to track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Random wrote: »
    usually you contact the network that you credited in error. so if you sent the money to meteor by mistake then i would contact them. they will prob want a copy of your bank statement as proof to track it down.

Ta, to be fair, it was months ago, I'm obviously just that bloody loaded that I can afford to waste €30 on incorrect topups, and then €30 thrown away with my code written on it. Boo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

personally id take a print screen of my online banking and email meteor transaction info and see if they can track it down for you. itll take 5 mins and might earn you a few euro. worst case scenario is that you get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Random wrote: »
    personally id take a print screen of my online banking and email meteor transaction info and see if they can track it down for you. itll take 5 mins and might earn you a few euro. worst case scenario is that you get nowhere.

I'm going to do that now :) Can't find the €20 transaction online, but I know I definitely made a mistake. Oh well. Will push for me tenner ;)

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Banking forum

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement