Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

Smash Bros Ultimate leaks 2 weeks early. Massive banwave forthcoming i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

This thread is poison!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Smash Bros Ultimate leaks 2 weeks early. Massive banwave forthcoming i'd say

Won't be any new bans. Anybody stupid enough to go online with their hacked switch has already been caught.

Everybody else left and any new people who have recently hacked theris, will have backup nands and will have the common sense to stay offline to avoid being banned.

That being said while a leak TWO WEEKS before launch is awful from a PR point of view, it won't effect sales. Smash Ultimate will sell excellently. As has been said again and again, pirated copies do not equal lost sales. The people who were going to buy it are still going to buy it and those who werent....wont. A leak wont change that.

Kirby wrote: »
    Won't be any new bans. Anybody stupid enough to go online with their hacked switch has already been caught.

Everybody else left and any new people who have recently hacked theris, will have backup nands and will have the common sense to stay offline to avoid being banned.

That being said while a leak TWO WEEKS before launch is awful from a PR point of view, it won't effect sales. Smash Ultimate will sell excellently. As has been said again and again, pirated copies do not equal lost sales. The people who were going to buy it are still going to buy it and those who werent....wont. A leak wont change that.

Never underestimate peoples stupidity. Yeah sales won't be affected in the slightest, it's already the most preordered switch game and smash bros game to date

Not surprising to be honest. Everyone loves smash.

I already bought my copy weeks ago. It's sitting preloaded on my switch. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not surprising to be honest. Everyone loves smash.

I already bought my copy weeks ago. It's sitting preloaded on my switch. :P

I've never played it and doubt I'll buy this version either.

Do you own a switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you own a switch?

Me? Yup, working through Octopath Traveller so far. My favourite game on Switch so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Battle royal game (please keep reading) Ring of Esylum is now available on Steam. This was a long wait for some, It was for me as I had issues running Battlegrounds. This is completly free to play.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/755790/Ring_of_Elysium/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Totally missed this last week but it looks like Underworld Ascendant just got pushed out the door too early released.

Reviews seem thin on the ground but from what's out there, PC Gamer savaged it and John Walker over at RPS seems to have refused to do a proper review deeming it too unfinished. Reviews on Steam from some of the Kickstarter backers have been less than kind also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    Totally missed this last week but it looks like Underworld Ascendant just got pushed out the door too early released.

Reviews seem thin on the ground but from what's out there, PC Gamer savaged it and John Walker over at RPS seems to have refused to do a proper review deeming it too unfinished. Reviews on Steam from some of the Kickstarter backers have been less than kind also.

The release version code in numbered 0.3.xxxxx :D

In so much of a rush they couldn't even pretend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No clue what that was and hadn't heard of it, got a bit hopeful for some Vampires, Werewolfs, and Kate Beckinsale in leather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    No clue what that was and hadn't heard of it, got a bit hopeful for some Vampires, Werewolfs, and Kate Beckinsale in leather.

That film is a tough watch when you can't get your lad out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While we're waiting for Doom Immortal...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is there anything in the pipeline that plays like Fallout 76 only without being completely ****e?

I would love to play Skyrim or Fallout with my two friends in a co-op. I refuse to give Bethesda any money for that ****heap they've released, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is there anything in the pipeline that plays like Fallout 76 only without being completely ****e?

I would love to play Skyrim or Fallout with my two friends in a co-op. I refuse to give Bethesda any money for that ****heap they've released, though.

Elder Scrolls Online is really great if you want online fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Elder Scrolls Online is a great game. I havent played the last 2 expansions though, might go back and play them now ive been let down by Fallout and Darksiders and have nothing to play for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

gizmo wrote: »

Sadly, my arcane ambitions were thwarted by the fact that Ascendant doesn’t tell you what a new spell does. It just labels it “New Spell”, which is fine if the effect is obvious, but less useful when you must also figure out what targets the spell will work on. You can discover spell combinations as you explore, although they’re easy to miss as they’re written on rocks. Everything in Ascendant is written on rocks, another weird decision
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skerries wrote: »
    yxq49gvig3121.jpg

No way that's a real response, ****ing brilliant if it is!

Also, that should be in gaming humour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Bethesda are such mean hungry b*****ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, apparently it is real. Absolutely unbelievable that they actually said that. Surely people would have a real case for false advertisement with that admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I hope that Civ expansion is coming to Twitch on PC release.

While its true that 6 isnt as good as 5 (or 4, probably), its still pretty sweet to play it handheld. Got 1.5 hrs sleep the other night because I could. not. stop. playing it. One more turn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New Dragon Age on the way? I know some people weren't fond of Inquisition, but i loved it and am hopeful for a new game.
    "If you’ve been following these blogs, or myself and Mark Darrah on Twitter, you know we’re also working on some secret Dragon Age stuff,” said Hudson. "Dragon Age is an incredibly important franchise in our studio, and we’re excited to continue its legacy. Look for more on this in the coming month (though I won’t tell you where to look…)."

Though knowing how other announcements have gone, it'll probably be a mobile battle royale game or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kiith wrote: »
    Though knowing how other announcements have gone, it'll probably be a mobile battle royale game or something :pac:

Nah, prob a Pokemon Go ripoff!

"Theres...like dragon eggs all around the place...and you look for them on your phone...and then you raise them from a hatchling to a fully formed dragon....so.....Dragon: Age!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Kiith wrote: »
    New Dragon Age on the way? I know some people weren't fond of Inquisition, but i loved it and am hopeful for a new game.

Inquisition had flaws but it was badass. I look forward to more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Inquisition had flaws but it was badass. I look forward to more!

I'm tempted to give it another go. I played about 12 hours of it when it came out and was far from impressed. Saw one of the girls playing it during the week and I was tempted to give it another go. But the last time I played I was bored, it didn't bring me in like the previous DA games. Thinking back, the first DA was the same actually, took a second go at it for it to click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

How does Inquisition compare to the Witcher 3? I played that and had a blast but Inquisition had been almost completely untouched at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How does Inquisition compare to the Witcher 3? I played that and had a blast but Inquisition had been almost completely untouched at this stage.

They're my two favourite games of the generation. Hard pressed to say which I prefer to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement