Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can YOU represent Airsoft?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drpepper

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that we need all the nominations to be put forward onto the IAA forums before the AGM so we can vote people in at the EGM.

So if you want to run post on the forums and get seconded
    http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=791

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Forums are open here to ask candidates for position questions.

IAA EGM Forums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Two members have had their names put forward and seconded by members and both have accepted the nominations.

Fair play lads, look forward to meeting you at the AGM.

For anyone else considering running, the closing dates for nominations and motion proposals is this Friday at 5pm.

Get nominating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'm sorry but are ye saying that the closing date for noms is before the agm
    and until the agm no one with a commercial interest can be nommed?

why not leave it one more day allow noms at the agm assuming the proposal might be passed of at the very least that the azgm inspires people that a bigger in real life than on the web to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Tigger wrote: »

Yes.

However, voting on these positions will take place at the EGM, due to the lack of nominations for the AGM deadline (hence the reason for the other thread).

Yes. That is how the constitution is currently worded and so precludes commercial interests from being Executive Committee members,

To flesh it out, there is a proposal for the EGM that commercial interests can be voted into the Executive Committee, but that has to be voted on by members at the EGM (as does any constitutional change) and is just as likely to fail as to pass.
    why not leave it one more day allow noms at the agm assuming the proposal might be passed of at the very least that the azgm inspires people that a bigger in real life than on the web to run.

If someone wants to propose a motion, I don't think 24 extra hours will make them rethink their idea.

The deadline is the deadline, that is also set out in the constitution. People will be inconvenienced, regardless of the deadline, but such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Actually tigger the motion on those with commercial interests becoming committee members won't be voted upon until the EGM so there will be no nominations from that area. However if the motion is passed at the EGM then members with commercial interests could be co-opted onto the committee.

The reason it can't be voted upon until the EGM is that it wasn't proposed in time to be voted at the AGM.

i rember when tiger land started
    i said th keith and whoever else was there
    "i'm not in any community or commity and i don't vote"
    this is why

whoever wants to represent airsoft should

end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

whoever wants to represent airsoft should

...as long as they're elected within the rules and regulations in the constitution. Or are you suggest we toss the constitution because it's inconvenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Hi,

one more nomination needed so that if people are voted in there will be a quorom for the IAA committee.

Surely there is one person(IAA Member) out there willing to take a stand for the game ?

People are very quick to knock something down, I'm just as guilty as the next guy, but now is your chance to help and do something. Even if you don't think you have much to contribute I assure you: you will surprise yourself.

NakedDex wrote: »
    ...as long as they're elected within the rules and regulations in the constitution. Or are you suggest we toss the constitution because it's inconvenient?

where did i say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

NakedDex wrote: »

No, he's saying that rules are too hard to understand so he's not going to bother.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    No, he's saying that rules are too hard to understand so he's not going to bother.

Yup
    I own two companies I've got degrees in engineering and chemistry and everything to do with the poly-tics* that goes along with Airsoft makes less and less sense to me.

As I've reiterated in this thread I believe that whoever has the belief in and love of Airsoft to help run its representitative body should.

* politic from poly meaning many and tic a small blood sucking leach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

In a way you're right. People shouldn't feel they need to be on a committee or elected or somehow have a mandate to do stuff for Airsoft. Some of the most dedicated people who've done things for Airsoft and/or the IAA over the past several years weren't anywhere near the committee, nor had any interest in it.

It's easy to get bogged down in the rules and regs: Airsoft does need a representative body however, because that's just how the world works.

Advertisement