Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last podcast you listened to

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

Okay, so this is for all those who want a different take on Football. The Cafe Calcio Podcast whic airs on Resonance 104FM (a station dedicted to the Arts and run from the South Bank in London) is fantastic. Hosted by Chris Dixon, Chris Roberts and David Stubbs this little gem take a look at Football in the cultural context and whether you particularly enjoy the sport or not doesn't really matter as the angles they take are just fascinating. To get you started I'd recommend:

https://soundcloud.com/cafe-calcio/cafe-calcio-4th-october-2012
    https://soundcloud.com/cafe-calcio/cafe-calcio-28th-february-2013
    https://soundcloud.com/cafe-calcio/cafe-calcio-21st-february-2013

You can also listen live on Resonance 104FM

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have listened to a few of Bill Maher's podcasts. I've never been too bothered about watching clips online. I don't know why US TV shows insist on the monologue, they're usually pretty poor. Not much different here. But, the rest is pretty good (fits in with some of my political leanings, I suppose) debate and entertaining, some inevitable cheap shots, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just listened to a new episode of A Life Well Wasted. It's only been 3 years since the last proper episode!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Still keeping the BBC World Service documentaries ticking over. Some scary stuff about hate groups in the US.

Listened to a few of the Nerdist ones based on the mention above. Tom Hanks (typewriter!), Neil deGrasse Tyson and William Fichtner. Good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

BY the way with jeff garlin is very good, like a more laid back version of
    wtf with marc maron.
    http://www.earwolf.com/episode/amy-poehler/
    he,s the agent from curb your enthusiasm tv show.
    IF you google gervais xfm podcasts you,ll find downloads .
    i just listened to them all over a few months.
    KERMODE is good when reviewing films,
    HE does great sarcastic reviews when he hates a film.
    i just cant stand listening to boring actor interviews ,on a podcast, unless its a comedian like bill murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redsovine

Common Sense - Dan Carlin

Great political podcast!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Thursdays Second Captains (football).

Going to listen to Setanta's MMA one now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Blueprints for Armageddon part one. As usual, excellent from Carlin. I also listened to the first few in the Revolutions series by Mike Duncan. It's going to be an excellent series. I still have nearly half the episodes to get through in his fantastic Rome series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

The big 3, with the stars of windy city heat, http://www.thebig3podcast.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Tangentially Speaking w/ Christopher Ryan - Ep.54 Joe Rogan & Duncan Trussell

It was enjoyable. Felt a bit more like a Rogan episode than a TS episode. I like Joe but he can be a unintentionally domineering. His over-enthusiasm is one of the reasons I stopped listening to his podcast unless he has someone on I really want to hear.

Not my favourite episode but still my favourite podcast. Currently listening to the latest This American Life.

NPR stuff. Trying to catch up.

Snap Judgement. Interesting story about a guy who came to know some members of the KKK in a way you mightn't expect.

Planet Money - interesting story re North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ah,sure

Big fan of Witness from BBC World News. Bite-sized historical podcasts on 20th century events, as told by journalists and eye witnesses. Good listen and all yarns 10mins long.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I listen to Accidental Tech Podcast and Developing Perspective occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Latest Cracked podcast - why Hollywood gets the apocalypse wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus - a figure who should be familiar to fans of Comedy Bang Bang/Improv4Humans (both of which are on a ROLL right now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

Also checked out a couple of the Wolfpop podcasts - Matt Gourley's film one seems cool! Together with Serial, we're seeing a real podcastaissance!

Advertisement