Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Workout...opinions welcomed!

• 09-01-2012 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey,

So today I'm starting back in the gym after the Christmas break and have decided to start a new routine, just to change things up a bit from my old routine which I had been doing for around 2 months. Was just wondering if you guys could take a look at it and see if it seems ok: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff2.htm

Also, one thing I was wondering is that does it seem to say do all the lifting days in a row? or should it be lift/cardio/lift/rest, etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

I couldn't bring myself to read past "3 weeks to lean".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Hanneman213

gymsoldier wrote: »
    I couldn't bring myself to read past "3 weeks to lean".

I know the names off putting but I'm just looking for a short break from my normal routine and was wondering what people thought of the routine itself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I know the names off putting but I'm just looking for a short break from my normal routine and was wondering what people thought of the routine itself.

A whole day dedicated to arms= it's muck.

What are you currently lifting for bench,squat and deadlift? What's your height and weight?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

A whole day dedicated to arms= it's muck.

What are you currently lifting for bench,squat and deadlift? What's your height and weight?

I'm currently benching 82.5Kg, squating 85Kg and dead lifting about 80Kg. I'm 14 and a half stone (around 95Kg i think?) and am 6 foot. What I'm looking for really is a programme to get rid some of the excess flab that I put on over christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I'm currently benching 82.5Kg, squating 85Kg and dead lifting about 80Kg. I'm 14 and a half stone (around 95Kg i think?) and am 6 foot. What I'm looking for really is a programme to get rid some of the excess flab that I put on over christmas

Forget about that programme, it's not great at all! You bench almost as much as you squat & deadlift! Learn proper form for these techniques & use a programme built around them & other compound lifts!! (Starting strength or any of the 1000000000000 5x5 variants out there will do, Edit: doesn't have to be a 5x5 variant, just giving an example)

For the excess flab, it's 90% diet. Granted they have a diet written out but you don't have to go mental & live on protein shakes & bars like in the programme you posted! Work out your Maintenance calories, take away 500-1000 calories daily! Eat clean, real food! Try it for a month & see how you get on! If you're going spare have 1 cheat day a week! (At this time of year I cant see the point in cheat days because Im so sick of all the muck I ate over Christmas! Thats just me though :))

• Advertisement

Burkatron wrote: »
    Forget about that programme, it's not great at all! You bench almost as much as you squat & deadlift! Learn proper form for these techniques & use a programme built around them & other compound lifts!! (Starting strength or any of the 1000000000000 5x5 variants out there will do, Edit: doesn't have to be a 5x5 variant, just giving an example)

For the excess flab, it's 90% diet. Granted they have a diet written out but you don't have to go mental & live on protein shakes & bars like in the programme you posted! Work out your Maintenance calories, take away 500-1000 calories daily! Eat clean, real food! Try it for a month & see how you get on! If you're going spare have 1 cheat day a week! (At this time of year I cant see the point in cheat days because Im so sick of all the muck I ate over Christmas! Thats just me though :))

Cheers Burkaton, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! One question: Is it odd that I can bench nearly as much as I can squat deadlift? Its prob just because I'm not the best for practicing those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Cheers Burkaton, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! One question: Is it odd that I can bench nearly as much as I can squat deadlift? Its prob just because I'm not the best for practicing those

Its odd in the sense that your legs are much stronger than your upper body. Your squat and deadlift should be much heavier than your bench. If you were putting the same effort into all three lifts your should be able to deadlift more than you squat and squat more than you bench.

But rightly or wrongly there are a lot of people who aren't too pushed about working out there legs, so it wouldn't be odd in that sense. There would be plenty of people with similar stats as yours.

Advertisement