Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Jurassic Park was ruined for me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was watching this yesterday with my housemate and we noticed the sound alright, remember thinking it was a bit Benny Hill-esque!

Hadn't seen the film im years, another thing I cringed at were some of Jeff Goldblums ridiculous poses throughout the film

jeff%20goldblum.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

LOL OP

Yeah I remembered that sound once I saw the clips again, but had put it down to one of the little dinosaur noises.

I can't see how that noise would have any impact on the overall movie, however for the OP watching that movie so many times must feel like the following clip for that split second :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Never seen it, probably a bit too late to watch it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Wouldn't be a Jurrasic Park thread without:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

veXual wrote: »
    Funny thing about this scene that myself and the brother noticed was Grants countdown.

"I'm goin to count to twee, One, Two, Twee"

Cracks us up every time.

Timmy hates trees! :pac:

Its never too late to watch a good film :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aw man, it was in the cinemas again a couple of months ago. It still holds up extremely well, you should give it a spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

so jealous- I wish I'd never seen if before again just so I could fall in love with it again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:eek:

rectify this immdiately!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to palaeontology as per request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Fun thread. I can´t believe the funny slipping sound ruined it for some people; what's so terrible about it? :D Besides, like someone said before, I think it's supossed to be the cable.

Nothing could really ruin Jurassic Park for me, but there were a few things I noticed that I did cringe a little bit about; Stegosaurus spelled "Stegasaurus" in the embryo containers, for example, or the fact that Triceratops (my favorite dino when I was around five and I saw the movie) was sick and barely even moved. (TLW kind of compensated for it by having the Trike destroy Ludlow's camp and throw a car in the air, although, they didn´t have to burn its belly XD)

The Lost World, however, (SPOILERS AHEAD) has plenty of things that I can imagine would ruin it for some fans... for example, Sarah Harding is supossed to be an expert wildlife zoologist, yet she endangers everyone around her wearing a jacket that's covered on a baby T-Rex's blood, even despite the fact that SHE was the one who kept reminding everyone that they were not supossed to be noticed by the animals, and even worst, even after she said T-Rex had the keenest sense of smell of any known dino (except for the turkey vulture).
    Even worst; Roland, who is supossed to be a first class big game hunter, realizes that Sarah is wearing a bloody jacket, and instead of saying something like "YOU IDIOT, TAKE THAT OFF IMMEDIATLY BEFORE YOU GET US ALL KILLED!", he simply nods and walks away!
    I mean what is wrong with these people? :D In fact, Ian Malcolm seems to be the only intelligent person in the entire movie, which barely matters anyways because no one will listen to him.

And then there was that scene when Kelly kicked that raptor and the poor thing gets impaled in a rusty spike-nail-thing or whatever. I hated Kelly because of it, and I would always look away during that scene (I was nine, ok?). It didn´t ruin the movie for me, though; the T-Rex rampage in San Diego made up for it (as did the pterosaur at the end; best ending shot ever).

Advertisement